IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

i'm usually on the cusp of walking out of movies, but rarely follow through. the last movie i walked out of before that one was texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Extremes - I was slightly disappointed by this after seeing some of the love it gets on here. Box had no great reveal and was generally rather dull. Dumplings wasn't shocking as it was obvious from the start what they were eating, and it would inevitably go wrong. How did they manage to turn this into a feature film? I think after watching Inside a few weeks ago this was never going to shock me. Cut was easily the best of the bunch and the only one from all three that I would recommend, even if his attempt at making the extra laugh nearly ruined the whole thing.

3 Extremes - I was slightly disappointed by this after seeing some of the love it gets on here. Box had no great reveal and was generally rather dull. Dumplings wasn't shocking as it was obvious from the start what they were eating, and it would inevitably go wrong. How did they manage to turn this into a feature film? I think after watching Inside a few weeks ago this was never going to shock me. Cut was easily the best of the bunch and the only one from all three that I would recommend, even if his attempt at making the extra laugh nearly ruined the whole thing.

Box scared me shitless when I watched it for the first time. It was that thick and creepy atmosphere that got me. I love how low key it is: the slow music box music, the underplayed scenes where no one says anything and the silent scary scenes

(for instance the scene where the main character's friend spots the sister for the first time)

Cut didn't do me any good the first time I watched it. I think it was one of the first Chan Wook Park movies I watched, so I didn't get the whole mixture of comedy, horror and drama. The second time around was a whole different experience.

Has anyone seen Three Extremes 2? (which is actually the first Three Extremes released but that's not the first time we fuck up the order of chronological order of asian movies)

they are both overrated anyway.

*audition is good though, just not as good as I hoped for.

Box scared me shitless when I watched it for the first time. It was that thick and creepy atmosphere that got me. I love how low key it is: the slow music box music, the underplayed scenes where no one says anything and the silent scary scenes

(for instance the scene where the main character's friend spots the sister for the first time)

When he spotted the sister was a great moment, I also loved the image at the beginning where the box was being buried in a field of snow with that solitary tree in the background. It was a great opening which gave me high hopes for it. It's such a good premise too, which I personally felt was wasted as rather than focussing on this character facing the personification of a tragic mistake from her past the director focussed on the girl being molested by her trainer. I thought it was a wasted opportunity, if you want to see a short film about something horrific in a box check this shit out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbDNX8Yini4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGl_I52UciA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIY_rsnOnM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XuIfuQnM7U

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i don't mean to be redundant but i saw about 4 years ago a BBC (or maybe tvone) special called "crazy rulers of the world' that was a documentary by jon ronson going around talking to these actual guys, the goat staring dude as well as the hippy jedi guy (bridge's character). I highly recommend watching it, you can find it on most torrent search engines. I think Ewan Mcgregor is supposed to be Jon Ronson but someone in here said the main character has an american accent, Ronson is british.

downloading now. thanks for the recommendation.

you sure watch alot of BBC stuff. are you on thebox.bz? or something similar? uknova?

no but those sound like sites i should know about! i tried doing that hacker thing where i spoof my proxy server so the BBC website thinks i live in the UK, in theory i should be able to watch their iplayer with it but ive never gotten it to work. Although most of their older shows are not playable through it. let me know what you think of the Ronson special, if you enjoy 'Crazy Rulers' i would suggest moving on to 'Secret Rulers' , an examination of the anti-NWO movement. It covers a lot more ground, they break into the Bohemian Grove and get chased by unmarked cars at Bilderberg. Here is a clip -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzgbXJi4uv4

as for BBC stuff i'm mainly just into the documentaries like the stuff by Adam Curtis (power of nightmares, century of self) and Louie Theroux (the most hated family in america<---- highly recommended, louie spends a week with the insane 'god hates fag' church of the phelps family. The other british TV stuff i like isn't BBC, i don't think anything Ronson did was on the bbc actually. I think 'thick of it' is on bbc also

thebox.bz is the best uk tv torrent site i've found. they have everything and usually pretty fast after its on tv. lots of good documentaries and all the uk soaps you could want. sign up is sometimes open sometimes not.

the corporation 8/10

old but good. damn if the voiceover isn't creepy lady.

tonight BSG: the plan!!!

the men who stare at goats

i walked out of this one. there was a point where i realized i had been staring at a light on the floor for at least ten minutes, not really paying attention to george clooney's wacky overacting, ewan macgregor's spotty accent or the total irrelevance of the entire fucking movie. so i got up and left. maybe it turned into something amazing, but i doubt it.

did you go into another movie? to get your money's worth or something... to fill the void

the men who stare at goats

i walked out of this one. there was a point where i realized i had been staring at a light on the floor for at least ten minutes, not really paying attention to george clooney's wacky overacting, ewan macgregor's spotty accent or the total irrelevance of the entire fucking movie. so i got up and left. maybe it turned into something amazing, but i doubt it.

did you go into another movie? to get your money's worth or something... to fill the void

i've never managed to sneak into another movie after watching one at a multiplex. they seem to stagger them so when you're coming out no other film is going in. if i had an iphone i could check whats just started.

Its not a movie but I watched this documentary called "Krautrock - The Rebirth of Germany" which was great.

sounds like a movie to me, where can i see it?

It aired on one of the BBC Channels last friday and you can watch it Herebut only if you are in the UK.

I found some rapidshare links for it though. Check you inbox in couple of minutes.

downloading now. sounds great. thank for the recommendation

watched this last night. enjoyed it alot. could have been a series, giving an hour to each band. was so rushed.

faust is my favourite of the bands shown. i suppose theres a film out there somewhere just about them.

best quote damo suzuki: "I don't remember I was a stone"

the ending was a downer. eno comes along and steals their ideas and sells them to bowie. they played more of bowie than they did of any other band.

"he had no ideas" lol

North by Northwest - 9/10 - I saw that this was being released for a 50th anniversary so I preordered it on blu ray and that arrived earlier this week. This has to be best transfer to blu ray I have seen, right next to The Thing. Loved it!

loltastic

It's weird. After watching it my friend and I wanted to talk about it but none of us knew what to say. Not in an awkward kind of way but it was as if there was nothing to talk about except the fact that it was fun in a horrible way and that all the actors sucked.

yeah it was absolutely terrible and john cusack is becoming the new nicholas cage. also the movie looked really, really cheap, i guess due to being filmed digitally. but man it looked like shit. lol

Hey Zaphod

paranormal_activity.jpg

IT'S 3:08am in the morning with 26 seconds to boot!

How LOL can you get?

How LOLtastic can you git!?

I LAUGH AT OTHERS FAILURES ALSO!!!!

:pedobear:bearfucker

uh stick it...

stick it real good......

ZAPHOD: your local dick at the movies!

"Watch out! He'll ruin it for ya!"

I think the tag line will make your cable access show irresistible.....

No I am just fucking with you...

Haven't seen that shit nor will I...

you have a way with words that make films sound like torture, actual torture, and I know you tried to make up for it with your top five films thread but it will haunt you til you actually, and only, write about films you enjoy.... :emotawesomepm9:

Archived