IGNORED

Name Sweet Autechre Trax that you think

Guest Rook

Ho ya'll.

The object of this thread is to name sweet Ae tracks and remixes that you think someone on this board may not have heard of but desperately needs to. The idear is to expose yr friends to rare Autechre. That means, don't like put Laughing Quarter or something, because that is on a mainstream release. Add youtubes/discogs if you wish.

My list of Ae tracks that you need to hear but you may have not!!!:

Speech3 (conoid Tone Reformed by Ae) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmCgSWsbvv4 Absolutely phenomenal track. One of Ae's best and would not have been out of place on the Garbage Ep. Precursor of Altibizz a little bit.

Konlied Mx

Made for Americans only lol. You just know Ae has hundreds of hours of stuff like this laying around.

Sal Batardes (autechre Remix) http://www.discogs.com/Various-Warp-103-Re.../release/458401 Another compilation track. Ae having some fun!

Two Bass Hits (autechre Remix)

Remix of a Squarepusher track!

Lanx 3 http://www.discogs.com/Various-Volume-Eight/release/115269 Early Ae one off!

byproduct1.2b - A super secret Ae track that you will never hear because it 'doesn't exist' lol. just thought I would let you know that I have it and you don't lol

Bronchus One http://www.discogs.com/Various-An-Antholog.../release/156514 Off of some electronic music anthology! Better than Bronchus 2, but not as good as Bronchusseven.

Non-Existent (keyed in by Gescom) http://www.discogs.com/Push-Button-Objects...-EP/release/303 If you have never heard of this track, you are in for a treat!!

All tomorrow's Linoleum

This is a terrible sounding video here, but if you get the track at CD quality, it is amazing. Less popular though, the melody is extremely buried as is the hip hop beat. (yes there is a hip hop beat in there) Really rewarding after several listens.

Ok, intentionally left a few out. Let's see if someone can introduce me to a rare ae track I haven't heard of!! I hope someone benefits and learns of some new AE!!!

fake edit: techno

rook lives!

I would say check all the remixes out if you haven't already. Just search on soulseek for the Autechre Remix Collection #1-4 somebody made a pretty good 4 disc collection and tagged them all as the same album so it doesnt fuck up your ipod/itunes as collab/remix albums tend to do.

welcome back rook my man, subforum hasn't been the same without ya (actually, it's been very much the same, only gayer)

Some Ae tracks/rmxs that butter my biscuits include:

Softballet - Jail Of Freedom (Jailtilsli) (Remixed by Autechre) - I love the crunchy percussion on this and the tempo breakdown 1/2way through

DJ Food - Sexy Bits (Autechre Ae9v Mix) - I made a thread about this a while back, it's definitely one of the best hiphop trax autechre have evar made, and it's more an original composition than a remix because sexy bits were just spoken word samples tacked on the end of the jazz brakes compilations

Buck Tick - Iconoclasm (Don't X-Ray Da DAT Mix by Autechre) - this was on the 12 hour radio show for quaristice, love it, classic early autechre

P.I.O.B. (Mix Two) - brilliant beatless version, to bad I can only find a shitty 128k rip of it (anyone with a better version do pm plz)

Carni - I think this was off a warp cassette-only sampler, anyway it's a great chiastic-y sounding track

Buck Tick - Iconoclasm (Don't X-Ray Da DAT Mix by Autechre) - this was on the 12 hour radio show for quaristice, love it, classic early autechre

Carni - I think this was off a warp cassette-only sampler, anyway it's a great chiastic-y sounding track

Success. Never heard of these before

Guest spraaaa
Bronchus One http://www.discogs.com/Various-An-Antholog.../release/156514 Off of some electronic music anthology! Better than Bronchus 2, but not as good as Bronchusseven.

these anthologies are really badass if you like abstract/noisey stuff

All tomorrow's Linoleum

yeya! and saying that even though all i have is a youtube rip!

just ordered the hecker remixes disc with a gescom mix on it... kudos to khov for mentioning that somewhere

Autechre's remix of Earth Ball by Edge of Motion. Fucking brilliant track, starts off sounding like some sort of icy, gaseous room. One of my favourite tracks AE have had anything to do with. PM me for MP3.

Also Weissensee Against Im Gluck. I never hear anyone mention this track, but it just sounds so... thick? There's something special about the hi hats in this tune. And the melody that emerges half way in sounds so solemn and fragile. It's pretty special. (It's on Splitrmx)

ps. Nice to see you re emerge Rook, we haven't spoken in too long.

Guest bitroast
Autechre's remix of Earth Ball by Edge of Motion. Fucking brilliant track, starts off sounding like some sort of icy, gaseous room. One of my favourite tracks AE have had anything to do with. PM me for MP3.

Also Weissensee Against Im Gluck. I never hear anyone mention this track, but it just sounds so... thick? There's something special about the hi hats in this tune. And the melody that emerges half way in sounds so solemn and fragile. It's pretty special. (It's on Splitrmx)

ps. Nice to see you re emerge Rook, we haven't spoken in too long.

YES! wiessensee remix is the fattest track :):)P):):)

also > Smallfish Pa.track2 (Autechre Remix). super awesome synth beat shit going on.

Guest Rook

Can someone post/pm a copy of Carni??? Doesn't seem to be anywhere. Can't find it on discogs and I don't have soulseek. It says that it was a cassette available on tour only.

If anyone needs a 26 mixes for cash compilation, it is autechre. I think proportionately, their mixes are better than AFX's and I am killing my self trying to track down hard copies of all of them.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

comparing afx remixes to ae remixes is just pointless

some AE rmxs are fantastic; most brilliant and inovative stuff i've ever heard before (put in order of preference):

- slowly - on the loose (for internal use only) [[i'd make a movie for this track - most brilliant]]

- spacetime continium - string of pearls

- vk12 - live 10/23/99 track3 (ae mix)

- v - vliezwei (vliegenbos morning reproduced by ae)

- mike ink - paroles (ae repoles)

- the higher intelligence agency - speech3 (conoid tone reformed by ae)

- ital tropique - decayed optics (ae mix)

- seefeel - spangle (ae mix)

- palmskin productions - evolution of the beast (ae mix)

- coil - dark river (ae mix)

- silvania - 1belm (ae mix)

- neu! - weissensee (ae mix)

- edge of motion - earth ball (ae mix)

- dj food - sexy bits (ae9v mix)

- st etienne - like a motorway

- buck tick - iconoclasm (don't x ray da dat mix)

- impulse - one-six-four-seven (numbers rammed down my ear mix)

- infidel - gothic banana (ae mix)

- david sylvian - shadowland (ae mix)

- dominique dalcan - aveugle & sourd (ae mix 8.25)

- kruton - smallfish pa (ae mix)

the worst track: ae & jurgen paape - tr7ae remix

cool, i wasnt aware there were so many ae remixes out there. I knew Arch Carrier, Two Bass Hit and D`Breeze - Closer (Autechre Remix) on Bolas facebook.

rook lives!

I would say check all the remixes out if you haven't already. Just search on soulseek for the Autechre Remix Collection #1-4 somebody made a pretty good 4 disc collection and tagged them all as the same album so it doesnt fuck up your ipod/itunes as collab/remix albums tend to do.

there is also a torrent available!

Pretty sure these aren't legit

Pretty sure these aren't legit

in agreement

Guest PusillanimousRex
Can someone post/pm a copy of Carni??? Doesn't seem to be anywhere. Can't find it on discogs and I don't have soulseek. It says that it was a cassette available on tour only.

I've got this, and I'll post a link for download when I get home later this evening.

Also, two more just off the top of my head would be 'Extended Ambient Sample From a Resonant Structure' and 'Silversum', both from a Future Music CD circa 1995.

Not to mention that most people have never heard track zero from EP7.

There's more, but I don't have the energy to rack my brain right now.

The David Sylvian/Coil et al remixes are fake.

Oh, yeah - there's a bit of audio by Ae from a web-only flash "collaboration" with Peter Saville called 'Lilac', also a bunch of extremely rare Gescom remixes and b-sides such as 'Around Absolute Zero', which is all subsonic frequencies that don't even get reproduced by most systems and another thing that has a stupid title made up of what looks like random keyboard mashing and is essentially a simple visual and audio pattern generator. I've got a full minute of that nonsense on my hard drive just because.

Damn, there's a lot more, actually. The benefit of spending 12 years of your life pursuing every little last bit of an artist's output, I suppose.

Some of my favs, too lazy to find samples of all of these.

Ad Vanz Vs. Gescom - Viral

Autechre - Bronchus One

Autechre - Konlied MX

Autechre - Medrey

Autechre - Nftwa4

Autechre - Puch

Autechre - Stop Look Listen

Autechre - We R Are Why

Autechre - Weissensee

Beaumont Hannant - Psi-Onyx Remix

DJ Food - Sexy Bits Remix

East Flatbush Project - Tried By 12 Remix

Gescom - 0161 Hidden Track

Gescom - MASK 400

Gescom - MASK 500 (Man Parrish - Boogie Down Bronx Remix)

Gescom - PN-1.3.15

Gescom - SKFL2

Gescom - Snorkel

Gescom - Stoop

Impulse - One-Six-Four-One-Seven Remix

Lamb - Gold Remix

Medium - Celsius Remix

Merzbow - Ecobondage Remix

Nightmares On Wax - Sal Batardes Remix

Stereolab - Refractions In The Plastic Pulse Remix

Surgeon - Whose Bad Hands Are These Remix

Tortoise - Adverse Camber Remix

Various Artists - No. 8 (ae 2 Mix)

Guest Rook

I got a copy of Carni thanks to Bob.

Man, it is going to take forever for me to track down all of these....

Yea, Stop Look Listen is amazing. The thing I love most about that track is that when you are listening to WAP 100, all the tracks are good. All the artists have their own sound and you are like, 'wow, these are really original artists'. Then the Autechre track drops in and sounds like it is from another freaking planet. Seriously, their sound is unparalleled. The best part is the ending.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the track "Push Chairs for Grown Ups (Autechre Mix)" off the Team Doyobi remix album. The album also has a really nice SND remix, which is one of their most accessible pieces.

Here's the discogs link (no youtube videos up yet):

http://www.discogs.com/Team-Doyobi-Push-Ch.../release/214958

Guest grue

there are some eps (hobs and runfastmaybefaster) by a group 'dual purpose,' which seems to have some connection to gescom, and so perhaps some connection with autechre, though i don't know what involvement they have in the project if any. it certainly wouldn't be their best work, but it's kind of good, and i don't see it discussed around here much

cool, i wasnt aware there were so many ae remixes out there. I knew Arch Carrier, Two Bass Hit and D`Breeze - Closer (Autechre Remix) on Bolas facebook.

There's an arch carrier remix? :omg: Is it by bola?

Not to mention that most people have never heard track zero from EP7.

most people aren't missing anything

Almost forgot to mention that there's a brochusix by gescom... pretty good, though imo it doesn't sound anything like the other bronchi

there are some eps (hobs and runfastmaybefaster) by a group 'dual purpose,' which seems to have some connection to gescom, and so perhaps some connection with autechre, though i don't know what involvement they have in the project if any. it certainly wouldn't be their best work, but it's kind of good, and i don't see it discussed around here much

I've never seen any satisfactory info about dual purpose... though I agree the 2 eps are decent, not great; the one exception being rubbaband off runfastmaybefaster, which is awesome

There's an arch carrier remix? :omg: Is it by bola?

you can download it for free on lastfm

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Autechre/_/Arch...(Atolyth+Remix)

Archived