IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

Growl's GArden as always, continues to impress if not get better, and this third track seems pretty catchy,,, not sure if I like it much, but I can see it being more popular...

edt: nvm its pretty great also

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yo

sampler

it's LOUD

edit: the one at 2.01 is the shit i like

goddammit it's LOUD alright

Don't know what to think of this. I quite like a few tracks that he's put out in the past, but I never liked the gritty production going on. I like fat analog bass and 808s, especially his recent tracks always sound like a mess while too sterile at the same time.

The melodies of some tracks from Turning Dragon are really ace though, like Penultimate Persian and Ache of the North.

Guest Grizz
this is hard for me to say... i was SO FUCKING into empty the bones/ceramics, SO into all the stuff around body riddle (throttle furniture/ted ep/throttle clarence), REALLY into the throttle promoter 12", liked about half of turning dragon alot.... but right around there man....

i dont know. i think my interest in the man's work is starting to wane. seems kinda aimless and to be honest... corny as hell. i bitched about growls garden cuz it was an ep with only one song with vocals, and i actually quite liked it. now i hear this sampler, and the song with vocals around the middle is EMBARRASSINGLY bad. now i feel like NO stop doing vocals if thats what youre gonna write. that was AWFUL.

i dont even think i want to hear this record, lest it TOTALLY ruin my opinion of him, jike JIM did for me with lidell.

Pretty much agree with everything here apart from swap the so fucking onto body riddle and vice versa. Infact Clarks the only artist who I've paid for everything hes released the last 5 years (which is kinda bad)

On second listen now. Gonna force myself to love this, kinda like I had to with Turning Dragon

Totem Crackerjack is the track Salvatorin is looking for

it's fucking incredible

yes, this is the ill shit!!!

so far, this record is totally wacky. its goofy and insane. clark is def pushing himself hard here. lots of people are going to hate this. i love it so far. feels fun and fresh

much better than turning dragon imo :)

a million times better. this doesnt take itself seriously at all. thats my first impression so far. its making me smile.

Guest maddestmax

this is a very awesome release and i can assure warp and clark that i will be buying this once its available.

the sound is unique and it blends a lot of body riddle with the fast and rough sides of turning dragon.

i’ve loved everything since ETBOY and this just the stuff i was hoping for.

i must also say that the vocal tracks are awesome. this shits on tim exile imho. talis is bad ass and rainbow voodoo is fucking insane. i’d like to get pumped on amphetamines and alcohol, listen it and go bonkers.

i wonder though if the early leak of this LP will have warp change their plans and maybe release it sooner as digital or maybe toss in a second edition of the throttle clarence idea. might not be a bad idea.

where do these leaks come from anyway? it’s most probably a rip someone made from a promo. but who would upload such a rip? i know i wouldn’t.

Guest Grizz

Will be some reviewer who couldn't give two shits perhaps?

Love how Totem crackerjack just goes totally apeshit around 2:20. This is growing on me thankfully

this is a very awesome release and i can assure warp and clark that i will be buying this once its available.

the sound is unique and it blends a lot of body riddle with the fast and rough sides of turning dragon.

i’ve loved everything since ETBOY and this just the stuff i was hoping for.

i must also say that the vocal tracks are awesome. this shits on tim exile imho. talis is bad ass and rainbow voodoo is fucking insane. i’d like to get pumped on amphetamines and alcohol, listen it and go bonkers.

i wonder though if the early leak of this LP will have warp change their plans and maybe release it sooner as digital or maybe toss in a second edition of the throttle clarence idea. might not be a bad idea.

where do these leaks come from anyway? it’s most probably a rip someone made from a promo. but who would upload such a rip? i know i wouldn’t.

i doubt they would release it early. considering this only leaked about a month early as opposed to grizzly bear which leaked almost 4 months early and is/was much more anticipated by a larger audience and they did nothing with that.

Just finished listening

The only song I don't like much is rainbow voodoo the rest is really good but it takes more listens to get completely into it

Guest Renivatio
The melodies of some tracks from Turning Dragon are really ace though, like Penultimate Persian and Ache of the North.

PRECISELY.

Totems Flare is his best album yet I think. It combines what I love about turning dragon and body riddle just like the press release said... man... I was pretty much blown out of my mind listening to this on headphones last night high as shit. It felt like I was seeing light trails at certain times especially on rainbow voodoo... fucking insane visuals

Guest Renivatio

Listening to this just now. I do declare that I am impressed. "Look Into the Heart Now" is a great track, especially the first half.

Archived