IGNORED

Musical Intelligence Theory

skotosa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you hate country music ziggo, some artists are really good.

Its not very open minded of you to dismiss a whole genre because of stupid preconceptions.

Joking aside the OP is probably the most pretentious thing i've read on this website.

Berry my dick

Be crowned King Arthur

Auphexcre Twat

Guest Rambo

I think my finding IDM was an inevitability. I was 14 years old; i was dancing but i knew i wasn't dancing intelligently and something about that notion felt wrong. I had an instinctive knowing that there was something more. I wanted to consider how my legs were moving as i moved them to the rhythm. I had simply been flailing round to the groove thoughtlessly. It was primitive and i knew it. I wanted to dance exclusively with the neocortex. I hung around libraries trying to make eye contact with those who seemed to be there for the ambience. I gradually eased my way onto first name terms with a group of young men ostracized by the apes (our nickname for mainstream society). None of whom were aware of IDM at this point, so we devised a system of body movements that corresponded with some of the cutting edge mathematical formulas that were stimulating us at the time. We danced together in complete silence every monday/wednesday evening for just over 6 years before discovering Autechre. Later we held gatherings where we educated students in intelligent movement and general comprehension.

One of my friends still listens exclusively to whatever he listened to in high school, like Blink 182 and whatever pop-punk. He also gets easily bored with movies that aren't really straighforward comedies, like he can't process anything completely literal. He even idealizes the sort of life that a teen comedy shows. I don't know about intelligence, since he is quite a people-person, but I think you can learn a lot about someone by knowing what they like and don't like. I need new friends, though. Argh.

Guest zaphod

lol. sat scores aren't a measure of anything except the ability to take the sat.

...and you're saying this cause your SAT score is low, or...?!

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQ-SAT.htm

...or mine was very high and i'm well aware that they don't measure anything except, as i already said, your ability to take said test. as it is, "iq" isn't a well defined concept.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sats/test/views.html

standardized tests exist to develop a standard for grading college freshmen on their potential. you're extremely confused if you think they are an indicator of intelligence.

Apparently you live in a black&white world. Have you ever heard the term correlation?

The link posted has to many contradictions to be taken seriously.

I'm NOT saying that SAT = IQ test but there's high correlation between the two. You can find on the net calculations and answers with numbers based on years and years of experience in simultaneous SAT and IQ testing on more than a few millions of people. So chuck THAT out!

lol. sat scores aren't a measure of anything except the ability to take the sat.

...and you're saying this cause your SAT score is low, or...?!

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQ-SAT.htm

...or mine was very high and i'm well aware that they don't measure anything except, as i already said, your ability to take said test. as it is, "iq" isn't a well defined concept.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sats/test/views.html

standardized tests exist to develop a standard for grading college freshmen on their potential. you're extremely confused if you think they are an indicator of intelligence.

Guest zaphod

but as i said, iq testing itself is prone to error and basically isn't an ideal way to judge someone's intelligence. the sat is a diluted iq test. why are we even arguing this, i just made a flippant remark about that stupid website. are you the person who designed that chart or something?

this entire thread is a massive facepalm.

Guest onesixoneight

Lol how true.

How does Autechre fit in to all this? I get their stuff pre 2002 but after Gantz Graf it all goes wrong for me, I don't get what they're on about. I guess I reached my limit of MI?

Guest Rambo

Lol how true.

How does Autechre fit in to all this? I get their stuff pre 2002 but after Gantz Graf it all goes wrong for me, I don't get what they're on about. I guess I reached my limit of MI?

*nods*

Yes unfortunately that is the case, my friend. Where you born extremely prematurely by any chance? Breastfed?

but as i said, iq testing itself is prone to error and basically isn't an ideal way to judge someone's intelligence. the sat is a diluted iq test. why are we even arguing this, i just made a flippant remark about that stupid website. are you the person who designed that chart or something?

this entire thread is a massive facepalm.

Yes, let's no argue. :beer: ...but i do think that there's a solid correlation between taste for music and intelligence, that's all.

Guest onesixoneight

Lol how true.

*nods*

Yes unfortunately that is the case, my friend. Where you born extremely prematurely by any chance? Breastfed?

No and yes. Is that an indicator of how brainy you are?

I don't agree with referring to musical taste as "intelligence". It really is a condition of appeal, which can vary from person to person, much like food; some people like more spice in their food, some people don't mind bland food, some people like music as long as it is energetic, while others prefer ambient droning with minimal melodies.

Stupid people can like good food, and smart people can like bad music.

yeh this etc

IDM isn't really intelligent is just whiter than most other music

fixed

Aphex is really just white music when it comes to it, if you join it.

Archived