IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I've seen some people complain about ae track titles, but to be fair, who cares? Music without lyrics is pretty hard to define as it is and it's not like classical stuff, you're not going to get 'Stuttery hip-hop beat, detuned radio frequencys and warped voice samples in B flat' for instance.

Sure, some of it's hard to say, but how many friends does your average AE fan have in reality? 1 if you're lucky and your right hand isn't going to respond anyway so it's unlikely you'll be saying track titles anywhere else but a forum.

Better than SND anyway:

"I really like that track on Atavism!"

"Oh yeah, which one!?"

"The untitled one! :emotawesomepm9:"

yeah there are probably a lot of jonas brothers fans who feel the same way about theor jonas brothers cds

ohnoes i have been wrong about the jonas brothers all along

*joins jonas brothers forum to learn how to appreciate jonas brothers more*

Hey man, now I hate the Jonas brothers as much as anyone else and would be quick to call it a load of horseshit upon someone asking my opinion. That being said, if there are people that like it, then it's not fair to call it crap, but rather to say it's crap in your opinion.

you don't even need to tack on "imo". if it's coming out of your mouth, of course it's your opinion!

:cisfor:

You know, strangely enough this is something that I've overlooked for a long time now. I read comments at face value and when there's no specification to distinguish an opinion from an omnipotent truth, I tend to assume the latter and in retrospect it sounds really fucked up. Can't figure out how I got thinking that way but it probably had something to do with LSD

Edited by thehauntingsoul

Guest themutableone

blech, it doesn't fit autechre's music that it should only be heard once.

i'm just thanking my lucky stars that there's a 256k of glasgow floating around.

Can someone point me in the direction of this?

from twitter:

@dabravanel is oversteps more like the massive live-action of quaristice or more like the playful detailed stuff they did before or both?

dabravanel

actually, what Oversteps reminds me most of ATM is Quaristice (Versions), the bonus disc - like Q, but more fleshed out.

dabravanel

actually, what Oversteps reminds me most of ATM is Quaristice (Versions), the bonus disc - like Q, but more fleshed out.

oversteps plypholopn edition?

Edited by sysyphus

from twitter:

@dabravanel is oversteps more like the massive live-action of quaristice or more like the playful detailed stuff they did before or both?

dabravanel

link please

dabravanel

oversteps plypholopn edition?

lol

Sure, some of it's hard to say, but how many friends does your average AE fan have in reality? 1 if you're lucky and your right hand isn't going to respond anyway so it's unlikely you'll be saying track titles anywhere else but a forum.

:biggrin: I agree, the track names don't mean shit to me generally. The only time it bugs me is when there are no track names (untitled 1, untitled 2, etc).

quaristice take two

:facepalm:

i doubt it.

so does this man its really out there? i really hope this doesnt leak 2 full months before release. that would really suck for those who want to wait...

so does this man its really out there? i really hope this doesnt leak 2 full months before release. that would really suck for those who want to wait...

If it does leak, it would be nice if we pre-orderers were sent our digital files ahead of the CD release. Even if that happens, I may choose to wait for the CD, for the art+music experience.

then they mangle the keyboard to make something absurdly abstract like "O=0 and "os veix3".

so color me stupid, but i just discovered today that the last two characters in "90101-5l-l" are Ls not 1s (I burned me a Q comp mp3 disc and my car displays the track titles all in caps, so it was real obvious).

i will return to my hole in the ground now. carry on.