IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

one more time, come on bleep and sale it already ! I'm willing to pay for it even if I've already paid for the special edition + 24bits wav !

Really? You cant wait a couple more weeks?

Im just enjoying the back catalogue even more than normal, getting hyped up for hearing Oversteps (the real one, in proper quality) for the first time...

who else hasn't listened here? mesh gear? i know modey's out :D

i havent either. we'll have to make a new thread after the release and discuss. i wonder if our reactions will be different after reading this mega-thread

Oh God they've reviewed the promo, meaning it's real. Oh God I feel sick, I've not had anything to eat, but it's the promo, it's terrible. Just the thought of see on see being a highlight, rather than a pretty interim track before the epic Treale. Which isn't epic or mind blowing I have to say. It's poo. see on see being so direct and crystal clear with a memorable melody I want to hear again and again, and most of the rest being convulated, forgettable, primitive, aimless and meandering.

I WILL NOT BELIEVE UNTIL I HAVE THE CD

But I am already crying inside.

i havent either. we'll have to make a new thread after the release and discuss. i wonder if our reactions will be different after reading this mega-thread

I'm purposefully not listening to any kind of leaks, crappy versions etc. of Oversteps until the summer. I'm doing this cos I had such an awesome experience last summer of outdoor Autechre listening that I want to repeat it with Oversteps this year. *runs out of thread without reading anything on Oversteps*

Oh God they've reviewed the promo, meaning it's real. Oh God I feel sick, I've not had anything to eat, but it's the promo, it's terrible. Just the thought of see on see being a highlight, rather than a pretty interim track before the epic Treale. Which isn't epic or mind blowing I have to say. It's poo. see on see being so direct and crystal clear with a memorable melody I want to hear again and again, and most of the rest being convulated, forgettable, primitive, aimless and meandering.

lol

I'm purposefully not listening to any kind of leaks, crappy versions etc. of Oversteps until the summer. I'm doing this cos I had such an awesome experience last summer of outdoor Autechre listening that I want to repeat it with Oversteps this year. *runs out of thread without reading anything on Oversteps*

this is precisely why i'm listening now. it's summer here in australia, and autechre is my summer music, man!

This is pathetic

Guest ataraxy2

This is pathetic

But understandable.

edit: strangest review I've ever read besides Robert Chris?Das?asd's shitty efforts. Are the Wire always like that?

Edited by ataraxy2

Stop being such a baby.

This is pathetic

But understandable.

edit: strangest review I've ever read besides Robert Chris?Das?asd's shitty efforts. Are the Wire always like that?

Yes, I've always found The Wire's reviews to be arty to say the least. Their interview with Autechre after the release of Quaristice was a bizarre read with extracts of real interview interspersed with strange vocab cluster-fucks.

I believe the promo is the real album, or at least very close (there may be a few tweaks in the real tracks that may not be present in the promo, who knows?), but to ease the blow for you The Wire have fucked up before. You may remember them playing tracks off Quaristice on their internet radio show, before the album was released, without Warp's permission.

Edited by futureimage

Guys. GUYS. The promo is real. Accept it. Learn to love it. Aside from maybe 20 missing seconds (assuming cross fades were really added, but certainly due to Yuop cutting off), this is it. This is what you get. We'll probably be getting better quality, but this is it.

Just shut up about them leaking their own shit. Yeah, they mentioned doing it like 10 years ago, but that's not confirmed. Maybe they were pissing about the whole thing. Shut the fuck up about them sending fake promos for review. That logic is just retarded.

Basically, just shut the fuck up okay? You're beginning to be a little bit insulting dontcha think?

Coolthxbai!

Edited by gl0tch

This is pathetic

Which bit?

This is pathetic

You find most of the album "primitive"? I wouldn't waste your money on the CD then. Dry your eyes and move on.