troon

had

the time of his life

no he's never felt this way before

and he swears

it's the truth

and he owes at all to ylm0

lol

well - i don't know exactly what happened - i think it had something to do with all that listening i

did to move of ten. i put the phones on the other night whilst the wind was whirling and rain was

spiting about in a tremendous thunder storm outside my little hut that i am living in and...

...well ..it's as though the album just slowed down and past into my ears in this particular way that

allowed me to experience every detail of it bit by bit. it was as though i was on ecstasy again like years

ago and i was having one of those visceral i'm hearing the voice of God through this music kind of moments.

anyway it was amazing and i am better for it.

i fuckin love ylm0

enlighten meeeee

To me it just lacks the expressive feeling of the other ambient tracks. The subdued chords come off as "iffy", while the others strike an emotional chord - the overt beauty of see on see and krYlon, the bath-like warmth of pt2ph8, and the cavernous spectacle of iris was a pupil. I'm not against ambiguity, but ylm0 just feels like it wants to be something more.. it feels restrained by the subtlety of the dynamics. It's main redeeming quality is the higher chime that breaks through first around 1:18. But even that feels like it wants to develop and become something more, which it never quite does given the track's short length.

lol

well - i don't know exactly what happened - i think it had something to do with all that listening i

did to move of ten. i put the phones on the other night whilst the wind was whirling and rain was

spiting about in a tremendous thunder storm outside my little hut that i am living in and...

...well ..it's as though the album just slowed down and past into my ears in this particular way that

allowed me to experience every detail of it bit by bit. it was as though i was on ecstasy again like years

ago and i was having one of those visceral i'm hearing the voice of God through this music kind of moments.

anyway it was amazing and i am better for it.

I had the same experience as I was listening to it while driving with the car about 2 hours through heavy rain. I also had the feeling there is some awesome storytelling going on inside oversteps but in a very subtile way that generates intense pictures but leaves you with interpreting them. I am also saving up tracks like see on see for the right moments and try to avoid to play them in the background.

last week I was listening to move of ten while hanging around with my girl and everything just seem to fit together perfectly she even insisted to put it back on after it finished because of the surreal mood it created. weird

Guest theSun

i fuckin love ylm0

enlighten meeeee

To me it just lacks the expressive feeling of the other ambient tracks. The subdued chords come off as "iffy", while the others strike an emotional chord - the overt beauty of see on see and krYlon, the bath-like warmth of pt2ph8, and the cavernous spectacle of iris was a pupil. I'm not against ambiguity, but ylm0 just feels like it wants to be something more.. it feels restrained by the subtlety of the dynamics. It's main redeeming quality is the higher chime that breaks through first around 1:18. But even that feels like it wants to develop and become something more, which it never quite does given the track's short length.

it's all about the rhythms and tapping your foot to the beat. the way it falls apart, comes back and retains its playful confidence is just cute. it's very much like the oversteps ambient type tracks (pt2ph8, krylon, redfall) without being too much like either one. also the line at 2:35 reminds me of O=0 but i don't know why, probably the rhythm.

Well Oversteps is for me the most cinematographic work ever done by Autechre. Of course I have this rainy feeling when listening to it - every time. But it's kinda epic too. That's a very special album, because of this very special feeling. Yeah, of course, you can say that every autechre's release has a special sensation associated to it. But Oversteps has the strongest sensations !

Cinematographic because it inspires me the same pictures on every listen : i can't listen to see on see without imagining a lost harbor somewhere ; and cinematographic because those pictures aren't taken from the artwork.

I want Oversteps in technicolor quality :smile:

Well I finished my post I can now go back to the pool.

Guest kelvanE

Oversteps IS more cinematic, or even symphonic. it seems composed, not just building up and tinkering with nutty beats, but complete.

i think krYlon should have been the last track on the album and they should have just left Yuop off.

krYlon works great as a closer.

I couldn't disagree more. I still can't stand Krylon. Not sure it'll ever grow on me really, plus Yuop works as a fantastic closer on its own. (IMO)

i think krYlon should have been the last track on the album and they should have just left Yuop off.

I couldn't disagree more. I still can't stand Krylon. Not sure it'll ever grow on me really, plus Yuop works as a fantastic closer on its own. (IMO)

Give it time [and a chance] it grew on me like no other. I used to think the same, but now it may be my favorite piece on the album.. It has the best melodies.. that weave seamlessly but leave me in awe. The chord change at 3:30 is one of the highlights for sure, listen to those high bells at 3:36, they guide the melodic passage here.

But for me the key to getting this track was not vested in listening to any particular moment. Go out on a sunny day, find somewhere beautiful to lay down, for me it was under a tree midday, when the sun glistens through the boughs. And let the track wash over you. It is purely and utterly sublime. I have never heard it the same way since (meaning.. it is ALWAYS the most beautiful thing now)

One of the things I love about krYlon is that it is made of some very simple patterns repeating over and over, but it still sounds like it's meandering all over the place.

Guest theSun

One of the things I love about krYlon is that it is made of some very simple patterns repeating over and over, but it still sounds like it's meandering all over the place.

oversteps

(and to a lesser extent)

autechre

I couldn't disagree more. I still can't stand Krylon. Not sure it'll ever grow on me really,

aw man, how can you not like krYlon? most beautiful track on the album. it's like a Blade Runner sunrise or something.

those reversed-sounding synths are what make it.

Guest ansgaria

As already commented, I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I find Yuop to be up there along with VLetrmx21 - both works fantastically as record-closers.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

Has anyone else gained an increased love for Pule after digesting Oversteps?

yep, for sure now that you mention it! :sorcerer::excl::w00t: