IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

We don't have a 'pics of RDJ' equivalent thread, so I figure this is the best place to put this. But I just found this picture (may be old to some of you?) and it totally made my night!

N-autechre-196.jpg

:lol:

We don't have a 'pics of RDJ' equivalent thread, so I figure this is the best place to put this. But I just found this picture (may be old to some of you?) and it totally made my night!

N-autechre-196.jpg

:lol:

ian brown and some homeless guy

• 3 weeks later...

added acoustic panels to my desk to stop direct reflections (off my desk-->ears)...wow what a difference (along with the rest of the treatments)

being in near-field, the desk reflections were really noticable and awful to quality

so much more clarity and detail in oversteps now...really more and more impressed at the depth of this album everyday

so simple at first but there is tons of hidden detail in these bitches

19084722.jpg

it's not a requirement; it's a preference. why would you settle for lossy if given the choice?

I know its a preference. But I was thinking where does one develop and ear and a taste so dedicate as yours for lossless. Though you might actually work with audio etc.

no, i dont.

my confusion is inverse...i dont see how anyone would even consider lossy when presented with the option - considering how cheap bandwidth and storage is. not to mention with lossless, i have the option at anytime to rip to lossy (e.g portable music player)...

why would you fuck around with something that's not bit for bit as intended by the artist? why chance encoding hiccups or anything of that nature.

it's not like i spent a lot of time over this ... rip cd or vinyl to flac and go about my business.

no, i dont.

my confusion is inverse...i dont see how anyone would even consider lossy when presented with the option - considering how cheap bandwidth and storage is. not to mention with lossless, i have the option at anytime to rip to lossy (e.g portable music player)...

why would you fuck around with something that's not bit for bit as intended by the artist? why chance encoding hiccups or anything of that nature.

it's not like i spent a lot of time over this ... rip cd or vinyl to flac and go about my business.

You sound like youre being interrogated or something take it easy, I was just asking. Im pretty deaf that probably why I dont care most of the time.

there's no happiness like squeezing that last drip of performance out of an analord. listening like it was my job for the past 5 years ... and im still hearing new things. treatments by far as the best price/performance ratio...dirt cheap for DIY stuff, and ive never heard half of the ever-so-slight stereo imaging pans and quick hits of reverb in some of the analords as from when i didnt have treatments. there's so many easter eggs in that shit.

same thing with oversteps. have you noticed how much stereo imaging is in it? - it's all very subtle; especially ilanders.

no, i dont.

You sound like youre being interrogated or something take it easy, I was just asking. Im pretty deaf that probably why I dont care most of the time.

nope. i've just dealt with so many shit rips, shit encodes, etc that have wasted my time..why leave it to chance / someone else s mistake in the encoding process? why not decrease the risk and take all of those chances for mistakes/errors out of the process entirely?

Guest extherium

Nice speakers, elusive. What brand/model?

Quote for missed post.

Seriously, they look fucking nice. I want to read about them.

jbl L820 - nothing too special. they're made for surround/home theater.

supposed to be wall mounted (SBIR, for low-end)...but im still not quite committed to wall mount them just yet.

from the states and have had it for a good time

i think it was 4-5days lead time from when someone first had posted ingress shipment on these forums.

make the call and sort it out

my vinyls still sealed tho, so what room do i have to talk on ilanders

is it c/o fred fuchs? b/c that's mine dude.

does it have the two vinyls and the oversteps blanket inside?

YES -- Fred Fuchs!! It has the Oversteps vinyl sleeves, but inside are a pink plastic record called 'G Force FGT' and a paper plate with two-thirds of a dick drawn on it in permanent marker.

I was sewing a Movies at Ten quilt for you, but ran out of fuckin black thread, so I'm going to just get a pen and draw the rest of teh circles, fuck it. Just don't ever wash it, or else all the circles but the inside two are going to wash out. Also, I'm cumming onto the blanket as I type, and I'm tying with my penis head.

Edited by encey

Just to keep this thread alive:

I just listened to Oversteps again, and I still firmly believe that it is the best thing autechre have ever done by a considerable margin (even though I love their other albums a lot).