IGNORED

starting listening to ceephax

Guest ruiagnelo

Haha, I bought United Acid Emirates a week ago, and this is probably the funniest record I ever bought, whether it's about the cover or the music !

Love hearing it while reading Dragon Ball !

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be sure to also buy 5 sheets of blotter. Ceephax is acid, after all. :trashbear:

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Guest ruiagnelo

that cover is brilliant if you ask me

it's simply horrible.

it might go well with a certain humorous feeling of the album, but shit, look at this mess:

R-2109764-1264911853.jpeg

it's a complete design fail. there is every color you can possbily put on a picture, the background doesn't offer any kind of contrast and has terrible colors as well. also ceephax's photo looks like it was taken from facebook and cropped.

i know i am being too inflexible, but this crap was made in 2 minutes and no aesthetic care at all.

the music tho, it's brilliant!

Guest ruiagnelo

^best song on the album in my opinion

my favorite too.

i can't explain why, but for me, from 2:07 mins until the end feels kind of ethereal, but still kicking acid.

Who did the artwork for “United Acid Emirates” and describe the thinking behind it?

I did the artwork. It was inspired a bit by Arabic music cassette tape covers that are often quite garish and colourful. The background carpet and picture were photographed in amusement arcades which are one of the main places that have shaped me and my music. The TB-303 flying carpet ties in the arabic theme with the acid tunes! Basically a collage of some of my influences done in an eye-catching and appealing mess.

it's simply horrible.

it might go well with a certain humorous feeling of the album, but shit, look at this mess:

it's a complete design fail. there is every color you can possbily put on a picture, the background doesn't offer any kind of contrast and has terrible colors as well. also ceephax's photo looks like it was taken from facebook and cropped.

i know i am being too inflexible, but this crap was made in 2 minutes and no aesthetic care at all.

yes, but then again, look how he dresses himself...

:emotawesomepm9:

it's simply horrible.

haha yeah but that's intentional. it's just good humor to me

Guest ruiagnelo

yes, but then again, look how he dresses himself...

:emotawesomepm9:

ahaha yea, i do find the cover very funny, no doubt about it.

being a complete mess makes me laugh already, but the fact that he is flying on a 303 over arabic lands, with a training suit and glasses..priceless :lol:

haha yeah but that's intentional. it's just good humor to me

i know man, like i said it was just a more inflexible critic.

i dig the funny side of it and in that sense really works!

Who did the artwork for “United Acid Emirates” and describe the thinking behind it?

I did the artwork. It was inspired a bit by Arabic music cassette tape covers that are often quite garish and colourful. The background carpet and picture were photographed in amusement arcades which are one of the main places that have shaped me and my music. The TB-303 flying carpet ties in the arabic theme with the acid tunes! Basically a collage of some of my influences done in an eye-catching and appealing mess.

man... you serious?

am i talking to the man who made that cover? :emotawesomepm9:

let's see, get:

FSK005 (if you can get it, i still don't have)

Ceephax Acid Crew 2xCD

Exidy Tours

Funbox01 (cassette only)

Megalift E.P. (which is the companion piece to United Acid Emirates)

Psychtapolis

and you already have UAE

Ceeland is interesting too. you can order that off his site but it's cassette only so it's not like a major release.

man... you serious?

No, Retape was quoting the Ceephax himself.

Guest ruiagnelo

man... you serious?

No, Retape was quoting the Ceephax himself.

:lol:

he missed the quote box tho.

this ":emotawesomepm9:" implies sarcasm of a trolling nature :cisfor:

also, I think the cover is perfect. Complements the music and the cultural references. Plus when I stick this record on, I just think about Andy floating about on his 303-carpet, bombarding the taj mahal with his funky acid tunes :D

Why don't we have an emoticon with an upturned nose?

Srsly tho. Lol

I dunno Superstix..the Renoise filter doubled back onto the noisegate, ran that through an oscillator built in Ableton, airing out the melodies with a double-based fm synthesis machine, all the while creating algorithms for the modulated modular. After all of that, my Fenix machine creates the virtual delay trackers, echoing the SH-5 to its biggest output. Any other production sequence I can't listen to

Guest Hanratty

was there any reason for calling it United Acid Emirates except for the fact that Arab is kind of close to Acid? Does he do any middle-eastern influenced stuff on this album?

Archived