IGNORED

are you going to buy new LP ?

YEK

are you going to buy Shobaleader One LP ?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Guest HerculesCzar

Probably. This is an interesting diversion, although I'll be pretty upset if this kind of thing turns into his primary focus from now on.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ultravisitor

not interested. im glad he's not afraid to do what he wants but i really dont like vocoders and generally what he is doing.

still, i've got tons of squarepusher to keep me happy.

most of his stuff up until venus no17 is pure gold to my ears and that'll do.

What greatly disappointed by Just A Souvenir.

Dont like the sounds of these samples, so think I will give this a miss. I only really got into Squarepusher when Ultravisitor was released, which is light years ahead of this new stuff.

Probably not.

+1

omg the samples on amazon, i don't even know what to say

+1

not interested. im glad he's not afraid to do what he wants but i really dont like vocoders and generally what he is doing.

still, i've got tons of squarepusher to keep me happy.

+1

I will still definitely download it and give it a fair listen, because he has in the past been one of my favorite producers. I just really don't think I'm going to like it, which does make me sad. I will try though...but fucking vocoders...I can handle very little. :facepalm: Especially in 2010.

Of course ! The lp is preorded! It is also limited to only 300 Copies. I dont know why you are so sceptical about the lp, i love everything i heard so far. After hearing the samples and the fully released tracks i noticed his use of the vocoder varies from track to track. Its not just a cheap gimmik, those are carefully crafted. Anybody is able to decipher the lyrics of "into the blue"?

Anyway shobaleader one sounds to me like YMO reincarnated. Its the same vibe that made JAS so special. Can not wait to hear the full album.

Guest AcrossCanyons

sure vocoders can be used in a gay borderline autotune kind of way. but for fuck sakes when done justice, THEY ARE AWESOME

just want to say thank you for introducing me to this, it's ace.

Guest Calx Sherbet

vocoders always remind me of the singing in "World of Leather"

[youtubehd]z5MCD34x1Vk[/youtubehd]

i don't have a prob with them!

Guest teetime

Funny i think there is some Nietzsche in there. Gooooodddd is deeeaaadddd! Thats what i call post moder pop! :emotawesomepm9:

Also : I think you know to muuuuuuch! and something about we are living in the trees? Its funny when you think about tom joining Andre 3000 and the deeply christian american rap elite circle with nihilism. Also keep in mind the track used to be called "Smash Unreason".

With a hammer? :rolleyes:

Correct me if i am wrong. The sound quality is really bad.

Archived