IGNORED

Strange Pictures Thread

Redruth

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

This is a photo of Tibetan Buddhist monk, the Ven. K. C. Ayang Rinpoche, blessing the deer in Kyoto's Nara Park, July 26th, 1985. He only asked once for a photo of him to be taken, saying, "Take a photo now!" No one saw the rainbow until the print was developed. Rinpoche, on seeing the photograph, said he felt that his prayer blessing of the deer had been answered by the Buddha Amitabha at the very moment the photo was taken, when he had made contact with the deer, and that the power of His blessing appeared in rainbow form

do you buy exercise equipment off the tV as well ?? (no fenss)

Guest Coalbucket PI

something strange seems to happen to the sensors of digital cameras when they are exposed to molten or very hot material. Here's a shot I took at a steel mill close to my childhood home. Notice the bright purple rod in the left hand side of the pic. It was nearly molten hot and looked glowing red/orange to the naked eye, but when i took the shot it came out purple for some reason..

I think a similar effect is happening with the molten sulfur in the above image.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4658513419_0ec54f37ea.jpg

it's because CCDs can pick up frequencies outside visible light. press a button on your tv remote control, and take a picture of it, you'll see the beam.

Sulfur burns blue, just thought I should point that out. I've seen it and it looks the same colour as in these photos. But yeah that one picture still does look odd

it's because CCDs can pick up frequencies outside visible light. press a button on your tv remote control, and take a picture of it, you'll see the beam.

No, you don't. I tried and I saw nothing... NOTHING!

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

This is a photo of Tibetan Buddhist monk, the Ven. K. C. Ayang Rinpoche, blessing the deer in Kyoto's Nara Park, July 26th, 1985. He only asked once for a photo of him to be taken, saying, "Take a photo now!" No one saw the rainbow until the print was developed. Rinpoche, on seeing the photograph, said he felt that his prayer blessing of the deer had been answered by the Buddha Amitabha at the very moment the photo was taken, when he had made contact with the deer, and that the power of His blessing appeared in rainbow form

WUT. you implying that it's a reflection off a TV screen?

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

I think he's implying that if you're gullible enough to believe the story you just posted, you're probably in the target audience of infomercials.

OMG , i posted that picture , but i decided not to.

I thought it was real , then found out it was a hoax. Still creeps me out

There are rumours going on that the image is Super 8 (J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg's new movie) viral marketing.

That would be kinda cool but it just looks too bad for that to be true... Honestly, how could you think it was real, it doesn't look real at all ... :unsure:

But when I tried to hit the H for Honestly, I hit J twice by accident, maybe THAT was the marketing campaign :fear:

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

Omg lens flare. I don't know what's up with the digital smearing in the lower right corner though.

Edited by Gocab

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

I think he's implying that if you're gullible enough to believe the story you just posted, you're probably in the target audience of infomercials.

never bothered to call any phone number presented to me via TV commercials. commercials have actually always bothered me from the inanity of it all, and infomercials just make me turn off the TV entirely.

and i'd like to think that these men are telling the truth, yes. regardless of the given back-story, i find the the scene that's being captured to be pure in it's essence. anyone can see it; the tibetan monk smiling big, the deer surrounding, looking happy as fuck too! it's all too innocent to be judged in logic, it just is, and if you were a little kid you'd just laugh and marvel at all of the beautiful colors in the rainbow that could be lens flare, could be something else, but all that doesn't matter, because it's there and it's fucking perfect.

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

Omg lens flare. I don't know what's up with the digital smearing in the lower right corner though.

That's the date on the photo (in the old days when cameras printed the date/time on the picture) Why it was blurred out, no idea.

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

never bothered to call any phone number presented to me via TV commercials. commercials have actually always bothered me from the inanity of it all, and infomercials just make me turn off the TV entirely.

and i'd like to think that these men are telling the truth, yes. regardless of the given back-story, i find the the scene that's being captured to be pure in it's essence. anyone can see it; the tibetan monk smiling big, the deer surrounding, looking happy as fuck too! it's all too innocent to be judged in logic, it just is, and if you were a little kid you'd just laugh and marvel at all of the beautiful colors in the rainbow that could be lens flare, could be something else, but all that doesn't matter, because it's there and it's fucking perfect.

So do you also like to keep your wealth in gold so that it'll retain its value?

c'mon, i know you're being sarcastic, but you're asking someone that marvels at a rainbow, some deer, and a buddhist monk about the value of his material wealth?

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

That's the date on the photo (in the old days when cameras printed the date/time on the picture) Why it was blurred out, no idea.

you're right, here's the original photo w/ the date

12406e56-a698-456f-9cd6-bc64d84ad1e2buddhistrainbow_011709.jpg

c'mon, i know you're being sarcastic, but you're asking someone that marvels at a rainbow, some deer, and a buddhist monk about the value of his material wealth?

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

you're right, here's the original photo w/ the date

12406e56-a698-456f-9cd6-bc64d84ad1e2buddhistrainbow_011709.jpg

Yeah, man. I'm just kidding around. It's a beautiful photo.