IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Nile is fucking sick, Karl Sanders is a beast. As has been mentioned Black Seeds of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrines (my personal fav) are amazing, I'd also add Annihilation of the Wicked to that list of essentials... that 3 album streak is pure gold.

Ithyphallic is probably their weakest album but I still found it pretty decent. This reminds me I really haven't given At The Gate of Sethu much of a listen yet, suppose I should get on that.

Yeah, pretty much agree, but Black Seeds is mye favourite. It has the most proper production, the best songs, etc.

Looking forward to their next album, sounds like they've toned down the wankier sides and focused on sheer brutality.

I'll embrace ridiculous blast beats if you embrace emo choruses

cmon, reveal your inner deftones

haha i have no problem with em but nile is mastercraft

it's hilarious to me that this is the official video and titled linking park

bust out 'blessed are the sick' vinyl by morbid angel 4 a cpl of sk8r / metal fanboy guests last nite & cranked the stez, letting it play both sides thru on loud. only have 3 metal lps & haven't listened 2 any in years so it was incredible 2 hear again that albums clean power; its metal & ambient songs' flow reverberating, convincing, sophisticated.

• 2 weeks later...

coffins-poster_low-res.jpg

Off to this tonight, although Coffins can be a bit hit and miss, Grey Widow are fucking awesome and I am super hyped for it.

Guest kymppinetti

i've totally forgot summoning. this ones brings back memories.

lyrics are about tolkiens books.

Edited by kymppinetti

did any1 check that Christopher Lee is actually dead?

Serious? He is dude, it was on the news and all over the internet. The guy was 93 though, it's not really all that surprising.

Sigh are fuckin' awesome, was blasting Graveward (bandcamp link at work for a while. Ivan Ooze knows what to choose. :music:

Spent yesterday listening to Discordance Axis. Man I love this band.

[youtubehd]g3wQvf4U4Ws[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]mINKK1Hpm3c[/youtubehd]

Edited by Bechuga

did any1 check that Christopher Lee is actually dead?

Serious? He is dude, it was on the news and all over the internet. The guy was 93 though, it's not really all that surprising.

i meant in terms of his infamous Dracula role for a few decades (who kept coming back from the dead all the time),

its called a joke ;)

Can't believe I didn't think to post this here yet - it's pretty much the IDM of metal, or at least as close to it as I think I've heard. Norwegian jazz band, Shining, recently took a big musical turn and started making extreme jazzy experimental metal. Shit's really good though, very abstract and extremely heavy.

The 'single' from the album Blackjazz -

[youtubehd]f_wF3g01Ktc[/youtubehd]

This one is great too, even has a borderline ripoff 'Ipacial Section' in the middle -

[youtubehd]jvwXYDw9ahc[/youtubehd]

Can't believe I didn't think to post this here yet - it's pretty much the IDM of metal, or at least as close to it as I think I've heard. Norwegian jazz band, Shining, recently took a big musical turn and started making extreme jazzy experimental metal. Shit's really good though, very abstract and extremely heavy.

The 'single' from the album Blackjazz -

[youtubehd]f_wF3g01Ktc[/youtubehd]

This one is great too, even has a borderline ripoff 'Ipacial Section' in the middle -

[youtubehd]jvwXYDw9ahc[/youtubehd]

Yeah, I love Shining although I've stopped listening ever since that Black Jazz album. Grindstone is one of my fave albums of that era, seen them live a couple of times during that period and it was absolutely insane everytime. They played a festival in 2007 on the same night with Aphex Twin, there were only 20 people or so and me and a mate were the only ones in front of the stage (the rest standing / sitting against the walls), completely going berzerk over their "21st Century Schizoid Man" cover. Mønkeby is also a very nice chap!

Was actually quite suprised to see them in the national news last week because of this awesome feat:

r0neobf.jpg

^Yeah I didn't hear about that! Link?

Also, imagining being one of the guys that had to haul all that equipment up there.

They had a huge crew and helicopters helping out, the small audience had to hike for about 5 hours (I think) just to get there. Cameras (and drones) recorded the gig, which will be released on DVD later on I think:

RE: the Lake Troll shit, actually the place they did the gig on is called Trolltunga, the troll tongue :)

They played a festival in 2007 on the same night with Aphex Twin, there were only 20 people or so and me and a mate were the only ones in front of the stage (the rest standing / sitting against the walls), completely going berzerk over their "21st Century Schizoid Man" cover. Mønkeby is also a very nice chap!

Den Haag? I was there too, front row along with the guys from Motorpsycho. :)

They played a festival in 2007 on the same night with Aphex Twin, there were only 20 people or so and me and a mate were the only ones in front of the stage (the rest standing / sitting against the walls), completely going berzerk over their "21st Century Schizoid Man" cover. Mønkeby is also a very nice chap!

Den Haag? I was there too, front row along with the guys from Motorpsycho. :)

Hah! Yes, that's the one :) I guess the room wasn't as empty as I remember? Shining, Aphex and your gig that night were all so mindblowing, that whole night was just an insane experience.