IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

last time i saw pentagram with trouble in frankfurz (09 iirc) when it was their turn mr. liebling was nowhere to be found. well over an hour passed. tour manager went bananas. rumors arose he had a breakdown and was hospitalized. after almost 2 hours the band started an instrumental set with russ strahan and mark ammen doing vocal duties on some tracks. most of the audience left, ppl were offered a partial refund, bye bye spectacle hungry hipster pseudos. the band was giving their all to make up for the fuckup, good time. then after about half and hour agitation in the back row: bobby totters on stage and just chimes in. in his own words he had some business delay "at the station".

dude's in his early 60s, looks like late 80s. no idea how he and ozzy survived dio... hail!

stock-photo-seattle-sept-heavy-metal-leg

Here's a clip of my hardcore band playing out earlier this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WSgtXqpOo8&feature=youtu.be

Soundcloud page if you're interested in more tracks: https://soundcloud.com/loudtheband

Listened to Cobalts 2009 album Gin 2day, dont like it as much as Slow Forever on 1st listen but packs some skull crushing riffs + varied vocal delivery which is cool seeing as SF has pretty consistent sounding vocals

https://youtu.be/QLspGr_ukbo

I always thought Charlie Fell on Slow Forever had a much better vocal range. One of my favorite bands, either way.

The new The Faceless album is quite amazing. More black metal than death but genres don't matter imo when the music is this off the wall. Flute solo ftw:

(might have posted this already? apologies if so...)

artificial brain: blatantly bent styles offa every corner of what's hip in extreme metal atm (from discordant riffing popularized by DsO and ulcerate to grammar school emo black metal) juxtaposed in the most crude n haphazard way imaginable. meh³.

The new The Faceless album is quite amazing. More black metal than death but genres don't matter imo when the music is this off the wall. Flute solo ftw:

(might have posted this already? apologies if so...)

holy shit, for the first 30 seconds or so i honestly believed this was some FL Slayer / chiptune metal stuffs or something. talk about overproduction o_O i can see the reaper cuts right in front of me while listening.

I agree, production is way too much, which is weird because the band spent years making it. Like, all those years were spent crushing every single dynamic out of the music? Don't get why bands do that. A shame.

But the music is good. Even if all I can hear most the time is the bricks the wall is made of.

Edited by Bechuga

Code Orange's Forever is really enjoyable. someone said itt that it sounds "youthful" and I agree, it has a certain freshness and energy even though it's riffing off of some tropes that would be considered... unsophisticated. (the nu-metal/NIN/Nirvana references).

slides in just before the end of the year as a 2017 metal highlight.

Code Orange's Forever is really enjoyable. someone said itt that it sounds "youthful" and I agree, it has a certain freshness and energy even though it's riffing off of some tropes that would be considered... unsophisticated. (the nu-metal/NIN/Nirvana references).

slides in just before the end of the year as a 2017 metal highlight.

yeah I'm into it. I was just saying the other night that I'm glad I'm still into new music, instead of stopping in the 80s/90s/early 00s like a lot of my friends have. It was looking a bit dire for a while there but it seems new music has gotten better in the last few years..

Code orange sounds like a mix between rage against the machine, suicide silence, and meshuggah.

And as i enjoy these 3 bands, code orange slides well into my ears