Ugh. This fucking movie. Talk about the ultimate polished turd.

Has anyone mentioned the unusual decision of getting Johnny Knoxville in old man makeup to play Weyland yet?

I'm reading the last few pages of this thread since the movie was released (avoided for hype and spoilers) so I can add any points of my own to my scathing review of this... thing

after Solaris (not that bad, but pretty poor compared with the original one), Star Wars and Alien, i dont understand why Hollywood wants to recreate the great sci fi movies of the 1970s. I just hope they wont do anything with a clockwork orange in the future..

Guest Gary C

Yep. I heard they were working on a remake of that too.

I don't mind so much that Scott, Cameron, Lucas or Spielberg might want to revisit their old films, but going anywhere near Kubrick is fucking disgraceful. If they ever remake The Shining I would have to stop watching Hollywood films.

I don't mind so much that Scott, Cameron, Lucas or Spielberg might want to revisit their old films, but going anywhere near Kubrick is fucking disgraceful. If they ever remake The Shining I would have to stop watching Hollywood films.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

There's another one as well but I think it's called something else

Guest Gary C

I know of the series. Haven't watched, but will remember to find it now.

Adaptations of written works are different, but if a remake of were to directly emulate Kubrick it would be over for me.

it's a shame it would have to get to that for you to stop watching hollywood films. if you didn't watch the current output, they wouldn't see it profitable to even consider re-making the film in the first place

Guest Gary C

I don't pay often for them.

The last films I paid to see were Cabin in the Woods (okay) and The Artist (great).

Guest Mirezzi

I know of the series. Haven't watched, but will remember to find it now.

Adaptations of written works are different, but if a remake of were to directly emulate Kubrick it would be over for me.

You have GOT to see the made-for-TV series. Trust me, it will only enhance your appreciation for the original. AND it will add ammunition to any argument that the movie was good but "should have included more of the book".

No, the book was a mediocre, formulaic King story. The movie by Kubrick took bland shit and turned it into diamonds. <3

so hey guys, just wanted to come in and pat my prescient-self on the back

December 22nd i wrote this in the thread : )

edit: also it's never a good sign for a trailer to show so many over the top CGI money shots. I can't think of a single movie that has done this that wasn't disappointing to some degree.

Phantom Menace trailer anyone?........

so hey guys, just wanted to come in and pat my prescient-self on the back

December 22nd i wrote this in the thread : )

edit: also it's never a good sign for a trailer to show so many over the top CGI money shots. I can't think of a single movie that has done this that wasn't disappointing to some degree.

Phantom Menace trailer anyone?........

Good one :)

so it safe to say this movie is Mission to Aliens Vs Predator ?

I'm not sure, gonna have to watch the film to gauge something like that

as far as story depth goes Scott has the cheek the size of an elephants arse to scoff at AvP

Yeah this isn't very good, but it definitely isn't a Kubrick remake. Way more akin to the book than anything.

The kid in that miniseries can't keep his fucking mouth shut.

No seriously, he physically can't keep it shut.

courtland_shock.jpg

53526-23094.jpg

600full-courtland-mead.jpg

courtlandmead.jpg

dannyt.jpg

148944.jpg

Yeah this isn't very good, but it definitely isn't a Kubrick remake. Way more akin to the book than anything.

The kid in that miniseries can't keep his fucking mouth shut.

No seriously, he physically can't keep it shut.

courtland_shock.jpg

53526-23094.jpg

600full-courtland-mead.jpg

courtlandmead.jpg

dannyt.jpg

148944.jpg

I have a cure for that.

cotlow3x.jpg

On reflection this film is a massive dissapointment. I wanted so badly to like it but days later I realised it wasn't to be. Don't get me wrong I'd watch it again and it was enjoyable but I have to remind myself this is Ridley Scott explaining the story of the Space Jockeys, which on paper sounds mind-blowing but on film it fails massively.

Without Fassbender the film would be in the low numbers out of ten.