The opening scene with the landscapes was pretty fucking gorgeous

Iceland baby.

i just went to Yellowstone, they say besides New zealand, Iceland has the most continuous thermal activity on the planet.

the opening to the movie was also the best looking part in 3d, they dialed down the 3d a lot as the movie went on. I feel like this is actually a common ploy in modern 3d movies, blow you away with depth and scope in the first 15 minutes and then for the rest you can literally take off the glasses and see that its barely in 3d.

I felt the same way on Avatar, the spaceship wakeup scene was by far the most 3d looking

I'm not sure. It's very pretty, and technically impressive, though I dont like any of the creature designs. The pacing was really off for much of the film, it fails to build any real tension for me, especially in the last two thirds. There's just too much stuff going on at the same time, without any of the main characters really giving a shit and basically acting like idiots. If you like gadget pr0n I guess this movie is a 9/10.

Guest abusivegeorge

yeah, the character was great. not to mention he is a babe.

fassbender-11.jpg

mmmmmmm

I strongly recommend that you should watch Shame.

did anyone else find it odd that they seemed to touch on or reference every single Alien film that proceeded it, including AVP and Resurrection?

Alien 3 - the main character giving birth to an alien creature, the main character using the decapitated head of a robot to help her

Alien Resurrection - a much more fleshy humanoid looking xenomorph

Aliens - obvious Newt / child rearing instinct psychological drama bullshit, flamethrowers and military style vehicles

Alien - they used several expected plot resolves in the original Alien to tease the audience, making you think David was working for some kind of higher Weylend agenda, when he was just acting out of curiosity .

AVP - the 'architects' were Predators in this spin of the series, but the whole archaeological discovery aspect seemed very similar. In a way AVP's build up to the discovery of the pyramid, as shitty as that movie was seemed more realistic and built up more actual suspense

Edited by Awepittance

Perhaps it's the fact that I'm a hardened atheist and start frothing at the mouth from anything with the slightest hint of new age or spirituality attached to it, that ruins the film for me... yes. that's probably it.

Edited by Gocab

AVP - the 'architects' were Predators in this spin of the series, but the whole archaeological discovery aspect seemed very similar. In a way AVP's build up to the discovery of the pyramid, as shitty as that movie was seemed more realistic and built up more actual suspense

Ugh. Reading that made me realise that I think more of AvP now, no thanks to Prometheus. Or as I'm calling it from now on: Antimetheus.

Guest jasondonervan

I found this 19 minute analysis of the story, was pretty cool

He questions the surgery module in Vickers' quarters, stating that "...it is callibrated to perform procedures on males only, which would be odd seeing it's use would be for Vickers". Heavy assumption there. It's in her quarters, correct - but couldn't it just be there for Weyland if he needed some sort of fix-up, perhaps after being in cryo for a long period (for his age)?

Guest Shit Attack

man it would have been cooler if charlize theron got on her escape pod thing and thought she escaped and then got attacked by the space tentacle beast (the japanese would have loved it) which caused her to crash back onto the planet . then she gave birth to the alien and the alien had a dust up with the right said fred engineer chap while rapace + fasbender's robotic head escaped on their own ship or something. at least it would have made theron's character have a point + been a more exciting ending + the alien apearancwe would have had a point too instead of just to placate the fanboys. If damien lindelhof sees this you can use my ideas for free thats cool

also i think the reason for the guy pearce/ monty burns fiasco was that pearce was originally meant to appear as his younger self at one point (mike from neighbours) but it probably got cut out, cant remember where i read this tho. Think it might have had something to do with fasbender being able to see peoples dreams or something while pearce was in the space sleep thing

man, so this film seems to be pretty much shit (surprise surprise). thinking of stealing a screener from the internet instead of waiting *months* for it to be released here, just so I too can indulge in the bashing of it.

Guest Shit Attack

i got a camera torrent of it the other day the quality is pretty shit + the end was missing but had already seen the movie at the pictures anyways. its not all that bad a film unless you were expecting it to be totally amazing or something, was pretty entertainingly stoopid

Guest Backson

I found this 19 minute analysis of the story, was pretty cool

He questions the surgery module in Vickers' quarters, stating that "...it is callibrated to perform procedures on males only, which would be odd seeing it's use would be for Vickers". Heavy assumption there. It's in her quarters, correct - but couldn't it just be there for Weyland if he needed some sort of fix-up, perhaps after being in cryo for a long period (for his age)?

yeah, I thought that was obvious. who would not make that connection?

fassbender-11.jpg

mmmmmmm

thank you for your recommendation!! i'm watching it right after i finish my exam today.

fassbender-11.jpg

mmmmmmm

thank you for your recommendation!! i'm watching it right after i finish my exam today.

you're too young to watch films with penis in them.

I mostly agree with RLM's feelings on this film

http://redlettermedi...bag-prometheus/

pretty accurate. so far I only disagree that this is necessarily leading to a sequel

it probably is, but still I think this movie can stand alone.

it would have been much better and "poetic" had it ended when they flew off the planet instead of when the alien was born. unfortunately instead of leaning into the poetic inclinations of Scott, it leaned into the mass audience tendencies of the marketers

the "cesarean" scene was worth the price of admission. i think that's the question, how many scenes were worth the price of admission. most of them, from a visual standpoint. by the way I thought the Shaw actress did a really great job playing the character, she almost reached Ripley levels of power at the end