IGNORED

Trish Keenan (of Broadcast) passes away

jeremymacgregor87

Guest Enter a new display name

We need a sticky thread so PEOPLE DON'T POST ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT IT!

Edit: RIP Trish :(

Edited by Enter a new display name

How the FUCK can a person still die of pneumonia in this day and age?!

I'm flabbergasted. :sad:

Thats exactly what I said when she got ill.

but....

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/62946-httppitchforkcomnews41200-broadcasts-trish-keenan-hospitalized-seriously-ill/page__view__findpost__p__1495161

How the FUCK can a person still die of pneumonia in this day and age?!

I'm flabbergasted. :sad:

Thats exactly what I said when she got ill.

but....

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/62946-httppitchforkcomnews41200-broadcasts-trish-keenan-hospitalized-seriously-ill/page__view__findpost__p__1495161

didn't she have that swine flu and then developed pneumonia later aswell?

swine flu is back with a vengence and alone is killing people left right and center now it seems. so to have pneumonia on top of that...

and pneumonia still kills even today. my Uncle died from it 2 years ago.

there are some older diseases that look like pneumonia, though, which aren't often recognised because they're old, like Legionaire's disease for example. people are making the mistake of thinking that 'cos something's old it's no longer around or a threat. then you get people being missdiagnosed and dying from something that could otherwise have been fairly easily treated.

Flu alone is killing people these days! antibiotics and all the fucking chemicals in everything have fucked up our immune systems.

Guest igloos unlmtd

In a post My Bloody Valentine world there are very few bands who have been able to create something new, beautiful, & confusing while still remaining pop music. When Broadcast first appeared in the Mid 90's they were the band that sounded like United States of America with a bit of Stereolab. They had a few good songs then kind of disappeared for a little bit.

Surprisingly they came back with Haha Sound one of the best albums in the last 10 years. Somehow they had honed their textures & woven them into beautiful pop songs built around Trish Keenan's voice & brilliant cut-up lyrics. Her words were amazing pieces of surrealistic poetry endlessly reflecting upon themselves & outshining even the best of the surrealists.

Time will tell... but I'm willing to bet that light smiles upon Trish's latter material. Even more people will begin to realize just how brilliant of a lyricist she was not to mention her keen sense for pop melodies. She worked hard at her craft. The fruits are gorgeous will be enjoyed for years to come - feeding the younger generations & inspiring future music. She will live on.

In a post My Bloody Valentine world there are very few bands who have been able to create something new, beautiful, & confusing while still remaining pop music. When Broadcast first appeared in the Mid 90's they were the band that sounded like United States of America with a bit of Stereolab. They had a few good songs then kind of disappeared for a little bit.

Surprisingly they came back with Haha Sound one of the best albums in the last 10 years. Somehow they had honed their textures & woven them into beautiful pop songs built around Trish Keenan's voice & brilliant cut-up lyrics. Her words were amazing pieces of surrealistic poetry endlessly reflecting upon themselves & outshining even the best of the surrealists.

Time will tell... but I'm willing to bet that light smiles upon Trish's latter material. Even more people will begin to realize just how brilliant of a lyricist she was not to mention her keen sense for pop melodies. She worked hard at her craft. The fruits are gorgeous will be enjoyed for years to come - feeding the younger generations & inspiring future music. She will live on.

excellent post.

excellent post.

excellent post.

RIP trish. been really getting back into broadcast since seeing them in december.

now let's watch as broadcast achieve legendary status simply because their vocalist is dead :rolleyes: sad but true

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The Australian tour in December 2010 were the last live appearances of Trish. Was living in Brisbane at the time and just getting into Warp Records stuff. Though I wasn't too into Broadcast, I thought about going to check'em out, not getting many Warp artists playing in Aus. But I had slumped into a deep depression and couldn't bring myself to attend. Of course, the very next month, news of her passing came to be. I spent some time really listening to Broadcast, ended up enraptured by them. Trish is pure inspiration. It's still a real kick in the guts that I missed an opportunity to see her perform live, but such is life. You know what they say about the brightest stars...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1