IGNORED

The Campfire Headphase Appreciation and Communal Listening Thread

karmakramer

TCH.jpg

Join us, tomorrow on Easter Sunday, for a communal gathering to listen and reflect on Boards of Canada's "The Campfire Headphase."

If you want this to be an experience you never forget, please bring a kaleidoscope, 15 pieces of paper, a box of crayons, and one copy of "The Campfire Headphase" (format of your choosing). Listeners will be encouraged to reflect on each track (using their kaleidoscope) and then interrupt and illustrate their thoughts and feelings. Though feel free to just listen too, it's your choice! We will then share our boc color crayon illustrations at a later date in this very thread!

Date/Time: April 26th, 12 AM GMT (arrow). Use the map to determine:

world_time2.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info:

The Campfire Headphase is the third studio album by Boards of Canada. Released by Warp Records in October 2005, the album featured the addition of heavily treated acoustic guitars and the use of more conventional song structures. The album took the duo three years to make.

We usually imagine our music to have a visual element while we're writing it, so we were picturing this character losing his mind at the campfire and compressing weeks of events into a few hours, in that time-stretching way that acid fucks with your perception.

– Michael Sandison

Tracklist:

1 Into The Rainbow Vein 0:44

2 Chromakey Dreamcoat 5:47

3 Satellite Anthem Icarus 6:04

4 Peacock Tail 5:24

5 Dayvan Cowboy 5:00

6 A Moment Of Clarity 0:51

7 '84 Pontiac Dream 3:49

8 Sherbet Head 2:41

9 Oscar See Through Red Eye 5:08

10 Ataronchronon 1:14

11 Hey Saturday Sun 4:56

12 Constants Are Changing 1:42

13 Slow This Bird Down 6:09

14 Tears From The Compound Eye 4:03

15 Farewell Fire 8:26

be there or be square.

Hurray! :braindance:

lol the arrow points to GMT +1 - top work boys!

Points to 0 on my screen... but I might be missing something, so please feel free to edit the post so that it is correct. To be clear, 7 PM EST and 4 PM PST for us Americans/Canadians.

And where we will meet has yet to be determined! But we have a couple of days to figure everything out. I am thinking someplace private so we can avoid any possible trolls! :boc:

Why do you hate this thread chen?

please. the only reason I even knew about this thread is cause of someone's whining in General Banter.

If you've taken umbrage with MDG's actions, take it up with joyrex.

I got out my graphics tablet and got ready to draw images to the music, but when 'Into The Rainbow Vein' started, and I proceeded to draw the first thing I could think of, I immediately gave up and decided not to take part.

I'd hate to disappoint y'all, so here's my best-to-worst of TCH, as some kind of contribution:

Peacock Tail

'84 Pontiac Dream

Dayvan Cowboy

Tears From the Compound Eye

Oscar See Through Red Eye

Hey Saturday Sun

Constants Are Changing

Macquarie Ridge

Satellite Anthem Icarus

Farewell Fire

Sherbet Head

A Moment of Clarity

Slow This Bird Down

Chromakey Dreamcoat

Ataronchronon

Into the Rainbow Vein

And I guess this would be as good a time as any to showcase my proposed alternate playlist for TCH, which I wrote in 2008:

1. Into The Rainbow Vein

2. Dayvan Cowboy

3. Oscar See Through Red Eye

4. Slow This Bird Down

5. Chromakey Dreamcoat

6. A Moment Of Clarity

7. Ataronchronon

8. Tears From The Compound Eye

9. Satellite Anthem Icarus

10. '84 Pontiac Dream

11. Hey Saturday Sun

12. Macquarie Ridge

13. Peacock Tail

14. Sherbert Head

15. Constants Are Changing

16. Farewell Fire

I'd hate to disappoint y'all, so here's my best-to-worst of TCH, as some kind of contribution:

Peacock Tail

'84 Pontiac Dream

Dayvan Cowboy

Tears From the Compound Eye

Oscar See Through Red Eye

Hey Saturday Sun

Constants Are Changing

Macquarie Ridge

Satellite Anthem Icarus

Farewell Fire

Sherbet Head

A Moment of Clarity

Slow This Bird Down

Chromakey Dreamcoat

Ataronchronon

Into the Rainbow Vein

I see ... yet, why do you hate the good tracks except Pontiac Dream? :huh:

Alright quick update, instead of us all sitting in some chat or w/e... it is encouraged to go outside, go for a walk, etc , something other than sitting at your computer. I am gonna go for a bike ride and then listen again later at dusk by campfire :sorcerer: , gonna do some doodles too. Please go at your own pace and have fun! If people want to chat and sync the album by all means :happy:

Archived