IGNORED

Quarice Gits

Dragon

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if we all got together and wrote a parody of Quaristice? I was thinking maybe 20 or so tracks that basically poke fun at it, showing our admiration of this great album in true WATMM style :cisfor:

Of course, we wouldn't just copy the style of the album directly. We'd tweak it, exaggerating its key features:

• The tracks should be short and noodly, generally keeping the same style and direction throughout.
  • The feel of the tracks should be very scary, but I mean too scary, to the point of sounding ridiculous, almost sarcastic. The opening melody of IO comes to mind...
  • Recurring motifs and musical ideas should appear throughout, just to take the piss out of the 'versions' gimmick.
  • The first track should be extremely good, and sound completely different from the rest of the album. There should be a stark, clear contrast between the quality of the first track and the silliness of the others.

I've even written a potential tracklist for this album:

Alt.biz

The PlcLNSPCC

OI (fatty)

phlyPlopn

Pearlpants range 6-90101-101-5-897896398

SonicDREAMwam

Simmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

plural Suns

Stolens

Tankakrapnkernals

fale

Folgits

vbwuchE

901079732380810172728-3-1415926535

squshy Fatmn bounc

Thiswerenowt

WMSNCHAT

chincy9

notwoplustwoisfive

Outinout69XXX

This shouldn't be considered an expression of dedication, I just felt like parodying the Quaristice tracklist.

So, what do you think? Give it a minute or two to sink in.

haha, i zoled at Simmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

we should do it, BUT IT WILL HAVE TO BE 24BIT 96KHZ WAV FILES

Sounds like a fun project. I wouldn't mind doing Perlence, Thesware, or Outh9x. That said, I haven't really thought about the Squarepusher cover yet.

I am going to see if I can bang one of these tracks out tonight. if i don't post one soon, forget that I ever posted here, because I'm leaving town/my studio/my pc for a few months.

I don't really listen to Autechre, but this my approximation of what I feel like Quaristice would probably be like if I were to listen to it.

I don't really listen to Autechre, but this my approximation of what I feel like Quaristice would probably be like if I were to listen to it.

Jesus christ. I haven't laughed that much in years.

This also reminds me how every time I listen to ilanders I catch myself thinking "I know this is supposed to be really good and everything, but honestly it really does sound like 5 minutes of somebody farting"

perfection. it gets my vote, dude.

This does actually sound like a cross between IO and something off Oversteps lmao

This also reminds me how every time I listen to ilanders I catch myself thinking "I know this is supposed to be really good and everything, but honestly it really does sound like 5 minutes of somebody farting"

Well thank you very much. This track, along with 'You Could Feel The Sky', is now permanently etched in my mind as a track that reminds me of farting.

**Cannot Unhear**

Well thank you very much. This track, along with 'You Could Feel The Sky', is now permanently etched in my mind as a track that reminds me of farting.

**Cannot Unhear**

I'm sorry but if you're for real and think the BoC song sounds like farting then i don't understand your perception of music dude. You could feel the sky is one of the stand out tracks on Geogaddi. The near end of a Album that takes you for a journey into the deepest and darkest of places while showing glimpses of humanity. I once described this song on the Twoism boards as placing me somewhere in the age of sail on a ghost ship lost at sea, but feeling content with myself being so far away from everything in the known world. the song takes me back 700 years and puts me on a vessel that's so far away from anything i know and makes me feel alone, but somehow i feel that salvation is in that place when i look up and SEE the night sky through the mist and all it's beauty. One of the most atmospheric songs I've ever heard and you describe it as a fart? OK, each to their own i guess, but i think you've totally missed the boat on that one :biggrin:

just for the record i'm no :boc: fanboi, I place AE above them and RDJ, but it's not a competition, just my progression into electronic music.... the future of music.

@ outofhand, as for Ilanders........ my least fav track on Oversteps and i'm not afraid to admit that Known(1) is one of my fav's, but fart? no. it has a nice and crunchy percussion and has a wicked bass-line that reminds me of Pink Floyd's "the thin ice" from The Wall. In fact Oversteps is the modern day DSOTM

I'm sorry but if you're for real and think the BoC song sounds like farting then i don't understand your perception of music dude. You could feel the sky is one of the stand out tracks on Geogaddi. The near end of a Album that takes you for a journey into the deepest and darkest of places while showing glimpses of humanity. I once described this song on the Twoism boards as placing me somewhere in the age of sail on a ghost ship lost at sea, but feeling content with myself being so far away from everything in the known world. the song takes me back 700 years and puts me on a vessel that's so far away from anything i know and makes me feel alone, but somehow i feel that salvation is in that place when i look up and SEE the night sky through the mist and all it's beauty. One of the most atmospheric songs I've ever heard and you describe it as a fart? OK, each to their own i guess, but i think you've totally missed the boat on that one :biggrin:

just for the record i'm no :boc: fanboi, I place AE above them and RDJ, but it's not a competition, just my progression into electronic music.... the future of music.

@ outofhand, as for Ilanders........ my least fav track on Oversteps and i'm not afraid to admit that Known(1) is one of my fav's, but fart? no. it has a nice and crunchy percussion and has a wicked bass-line that reminds me of Pink Floyd's "the thin ice" from The Wall. In fact Oversteps is the modern day DSOTM

I love You Could Feel The Sky, but ever since someone on these forums described the first few seconds of the track as a farting sound, I've never been able to get it out of my head.

The track strongly reminds me of Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, for some reason.

I love You Could Feel The Sky, but ever since someone on these forums described the first few seconds of the track as a farting sound, I've never been able to get it out of my head.

The track strongly reminds me of Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, for some reason.

it sounds like a creaking door.

even if it isn't a creaking door, it sounds way more like a creaking door than a fart ever could.

On Xltronic, we did this before Quaristice came out, in a project called

Xltistice. I did Perlence (we thought the title was Perience at the time).

http://soundcloud.com/user3566609/perlence-fenmix

Haha and I organised that, totally forgot!

Before Quaristice came out I farted this one out in about 5 minutes to describe how i thought the album would sound.

Autechre - perlence losid 2.mp3

Sort out the levels of the drums (making them slightly more in your face) and you've got one hell of a track going on there !

Like.

Would listen to a longer version of this fo' sho'.

Before Quaristice came out I farted this one out in about 5 minutes to describe how i thought the album would sound.

Sort out the levels of the drums (making them slightly more in your face) and you've got one hell of a track going on there !

Like.

and with this post, demand for Quarice Gits Versionations is born

it could be released with the original in a special edition Tin carrying case, maybe?

Like.

and with this post, demand for Quarice Gits Versionations is born

it could be released with the original in a special edition Tin carrying case, maybe?

438277420tp.jpg

I'm sorry but if you're for real and think the BoC song sounds like farting then i don't understand your perception of music dude. You could feel the sky is one of the stand out tracks on Geogaddi. The near end of a Album that takes you for a journey into the deepest and darkest of places while showing glimpses of humanity. I once described bocbocboc. One of the most atmospheric songs I've ever heard and you describe it as a fart? OK, each to their own i guess, but i think you've totally missed the boat on that one :biggrin:

You having a hard time calling sounds coming from the near end farts? Perhaps there's something wrong with your farting habits? I don't know, but it sounds like the most obvious explanation.

Archived