IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Accidentally hit "mark forum as read" on WATMM and can't figure out how to undo it.

you can't. this is your life now. accept it.

Accidentally hit "mark forum as read" on WATMM and can't figure out how to undo it.

you can't. this is your life now. accept it.

lel

Christ I hate this.

Can't figure out what the intended use for it would be. Or was it just invented by a sadistic forum designer?

my dad got heavily into goa/psy trance, i tried getting him into intellectual types of electronic musics but he got into trance. though maybe it's still better better than having a dad listening to classical dadlike butt rock.

my dad got heavily into goa/psy trance, i tried getting him into intellectual types of electronic musics but he got into trance. though maybe it's still better better than having a dad listening to classical dadlike butt rock.

Actually that's really nice. Getting into that type of electronic music normally evolves into liking things such as deh IDMz. Trust me.

I've been thinking about life again. I don't know. I think must of the type I'm a really sedentary person, just getting from work/school into my room and shitshat in the internet. I try to learn stuff actually, stuff that interests me like music, programming, writing, etc. though i feel something is missing.

If any of you have read some of my previous posts you already know that sometimes I feel like utter depressed shit. I've been working on that, slowly accepting the stuff that can't change and rejecting the stuff that I sometimes create as some "justification" about who I am.. normally bad prejudgments and shit.

Despite my improvement as a social being, I still think I'm doing something wrong. Like, I know I have much potential to do good stuff, to be productive or some shit, but there's like an invisible force that stops me from doing it. I don't think its laziness. Yeah, I have some free time, but that free time I spend it like "waiting" for the inspiration to arrive. I know it is normal, but I believe it is not normal to have that feel always.

So, what am I missing? A partner (girlfriend just to clarify lulz)? Money? Friends? What am I doing wrong? Is it my career? Is it my house?

Or is it just me?

The library has added way too many 3M Cloud Library books, which requires downloading a piece of shit app and no Kindle compatibility.

Edited by doublename

I've been thinking about life again. I don't know. I think must of the type I'm a really sedentary person, just getting from work/school into my room and shitshat in the internet. I try to learn stuff actually, stuff that interests me like music, programming, writing, etc. though i feel something is missing.

If any of you have read some of my previous posts you already know that sometimes I feel like utter depressed shit. I've been working on that, slowly accepting the stuff that can't change and rejecting the stuff that I sometimes create as some "justification" about who I am.. normally bad prejudgments and shit.

Despite my improvement as a social being, I still think I'm doing something wrong. Like, I know I have much potential to do good stuff, to be productive or some shit, but there's like an invisible force that stops me from doing it. I don't think its laziness. Yeah, I have some free time, but that free time I spend it like "waiting" for the inspiration to arrive. I know it is normal, but I believe it is not normal to have that feel always.

So, what am I missing? A partner (girlfriend just to clarify lulz)? Money? Friends? What am I doing wrong? Is it my career? Is it my house?

Or is it just me?

These are the eternal questions mein liebchen. Took me years to realise what I truly wanted to do was write novels, taking detours into being in a band, drawing comics, designing websites...all those years, wasted...

So no, not just you at all. We are all fucked together. :nacmat:

All I can say is try a little bit of everything until something feels totally right for you, be it a creative medium or a job (perhaps what you want is a career in something, that you can progress in?) or even just modifying your life to allow yourself to be lazy without guilt. Or make babies, which is the Meaning of Life, another thing a lot of people find to give true meaning to their lives. Find that 'invisible force' as it may be the very thing you want to do, spend your time on. And yes, this shit is hard!

As for 'waiting' for inspiration, sometimes you have to manufacture it: plenty of creative people start working at a specific time, even if they're not feeling it, and get something done, regardless. You could argue that not feeling inspired is a bad habit, and all bad habits can be retrained into good ones given enough work. Find a time in the day where you're usually free and force yourself to get something done, even if not particularly good. In time, it'll turn from good to stuff you're really happy with.

I used to have to force myself away from computer games to do some writing...now I have to pull myself away from writing to play the computer games I bought. You can change, just takes time.

For something to read on the matter of workng and schedules, try reading this blog about the writing schedules of many famous novelists. Maybe there's a schedule in there for you?: http://dailyroutines.typepad.com/

those are some kind words of wisdom, Bechuga

in other news - car wreck flashbacks,,,, any place any time = hey presto, city centers are the worst with noise, mardy cunts & more noise ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, pass the vals pls Doc

and yeah British election 2015, can we get this bs done already? Its not like any of these wankers are actually listening and now Russell Brand is w/The Green Party we can all move on collectively as a nation in trusting our democratic processes

and its only a matter of time b4 some loon shoots Farage (not that thats inciting or condoning such an act)

Or is it just me?

These are the eternal questions mein liebchen. Took me years to realise what I truly wanted to do was write novels, taking detours into being in a band, drawing comics, designing websites...all those years, wasted...

So no, not just you at all. We are all fucked together. :nacmat:

All I can say is try a little bit of everything until something feels totally right for you, be it a creative medium or a job (perhaps what you want is a career in something, that you can progress in?) or even just modifying your life to allow yourself to be lazy without guilt. Or make babies, which is the Meaning of Life, another thing a lot of people find to give true meaning to their lives. Find that 'invisible force' as it may be the very thing you want to do, spend your time on. And yes, this shit is hard!

As for 'waiting' for inspiration, sometimes you have to manufacture it: plenty of creative people start working at a specific time, even if they're not feeling it, and get something done, regardless. You could argue that not feeling inspired is a bad habit, and all bad habits can be retrained into good ones given enough work. Find a time in the day where you're usually free and force yourself to get something done, even if not particularly good. In time, it'll turn from good to stuff you're really happy with.

I used to have to force myself away from computer games to do some writing...now I have to pull myself away from writing to play the computer games I bought. You can change, just takes time.

For something to read on the matter of workng and schedules, try reading this blog about the writing schedules of many famous novelists. Maybe there's a schedule in there for you?: http://dailyroutines.typepad.com/

thank you dude, exactly what I needed.

My Scrabble opponents aren't taking their turns frequently enough.

I used to play online Scrabble with someone, until I found out they merely placed tiles down randomly until the board accepted it, often placing words they did not know at all. Throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

I was livid.

Yeah, I second that 'force yourself' method. It's worked for me many a time. All sorts of unexpected yet quite fruitful results abound.

Definitely. Devoting time to it is a no brainer cuz you aren't going to get anything done, or get inspired if you're not putting in the work. I feel inspiration comes from messing around and not expecting any masterful results.

Also, sometimes you can just get some musical busy work out of the way. For instance, I make all my synths in Ableton's simpler but this requires me to tune each one and often times i put this off so it's impossible to get my chords to sound right when the synth is out of tune. Getting your chords down and your midi files how you want them really speeds things along as well

My Scrabble opponents aren't taking their turns frequently enough.

I used to play online Scrabble with someone, until I found out they merely placed tiles down randomly until the board accepted it, often placing words they did not know at all. Throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

I was livid.

I once jokingly told a friend to put away his anagrammer (he was brand new to the game and doing way better than I would reasonably expect). A few days later his girlfriend fessed up that him and her were both using online anagrammers against me for several games including that one! I was slightly annoyed but also pretty amused that they would actually do that.

FWP: I've felt a lingering sense of mild dread the past couple days, but it's not consciously linked to anything specific. It's just there.