IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Feeling very disillusioned with my job right now. Feeling in general in my life like the lowest man on a totem pole that isn't all that big or impressive.

I was here a little over a year ago. if you're feeling stuck in your job, make some changes, like asking to be transferred to another team, another region, whatever. maybe even a career change could be needed, if the problem is bad enough. change and risk-taking is essential when you're stuck in a rut or the rut will deepen.

health insurance doesn't sound very hardcore, bro. what colour are you wearing today? is it more of that grey stuff? what's happening to our Braintree?

Wearing black with cut-off Dickie's shorts. I own 3 gray shirts.

I just got benefits with the new job, which is great because my back is really fucked up from 1) Working in live sound for 10 years and 2) Getting hit by a car a few years ago.

fair enough. I will probably be eating my (joke) words when I get wiped out by a bus someday, I don't have health insurance.

Wtf doesn't Australia have socialized health care?

another nail in my rear tyre. goddamn, this is just absurd. I had the last one fixed just yesterday. this is the third one in 3 months, are my tyres magnetic or something?

another nail in my rear tyre. goddamn, this is just absurd. I had the last one fixed just yesterday. this is the third one in 3 months, are my tyres magnetic or something?

i think i figured out why it keeps happening

illuminati.jpg

i think i figured out why it keeps happening

illuminati.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

r/NBA is the only place on reddit where I actively participate in, but I made the horrible blunder of wading into the Baltimore riots thread. Feel like I'm fighting a hundred fires.

I mean I don't have private insurance. the government strongly incentivises getting it but I've put it off so far.

Ah yeah your wonderful government incentivizing a two-tiered health system.

Wait - don't you work in the public sector? They should be paying your health insurance.

Feeling very disillusioned with my job right now. Feeling in general in my life like the lowest man on a totem pole that isn't all that big or impressive.

I was here a little over a year ago. if you're feeling stuck in your job, make some changes, like asking to be transferred to another team, another region, whatever. maybe even a career change could be needed, if the problem is bad enough. change and risk-taking is essential when you're stuck in a rut or the rut will deepen.

Yeah, good thought. I've been with this company for like 5 years, might be time for a change.

Trying to create an account the Chinese Facebook called Renren, but I can't... fuck.

Have you tried Stimpystimpy?

:dadjoke:

What's that?

Also, after having visited Renren.com my browser started acting up. No shit. I think I'm done with Renren.

Trying to create an account the Chinese Facebook called Renren, but I can't... fuck.

Have you tried Stimpystimpy?

:dadjoke:

What's that?

yutRrqm.gif

Hahahaha...

Also, I get it, I get it...

renstimpy_0.jpg

Ren & Stimpy! Haven't seen that show in ages

I've been watching it some nights when I get home. It's an awesome show, hard to believe it was nickelodeon, some of the references in there are pretty adult themed. Apparently when it was being conceived Ren and Stimpy were supposed to be gay, but MTV wouldn't allow it.

crazy

Ren & Stimpy! Haven't seen that show in ages

I've been watching it some nights when I get home. It's an awesome show, hard to believe it was nickelodeon, some of the references in there are pretty adult themed. Apparently when it was being conceived Ren and Stimpy were supposed to be gay, but MTV wouldn't allow it.

crazy

I think it was proven when they released those terrible adult episodes...

Red-And-Stimpy.jpg

But fuck that.

I love the episode where Stimpy is "playing" with his belly button and Ren tells him not to or he'll go blind.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpWAGLZxBpc

Powdered Toast Man, the Xmas Yak, Marooned...good memories. Even my dad loved R&S.

I guess the adult themes went over my head at the time tho. I was probably too young to understand them.

These pieces of music will forever be saved in my brain because of that show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyc9B1aj1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhinKuP5Eiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOZu3NiBjBk

Got a ticket for having a one hitter in my car...

Story time!!!!: So I drove out to a friend/co-worker's house after work, he had gotten off a bit earlier but on his way home he had been in a bike accident when 2 cars almost hit him running a light... The first being some dudes in a truck trying to evade a cop, and the 2nd car being the cop himself in an SUV. He went over his handlebars and fucked up his hands pretty bad from the fall. The cop ended up catching the truck, and the cop apologized for almost hitting him. My buddy said he looked like a young roookie cop, maybe about our age. When I got near friend's house he called and said he was waiting at a bus stop and needed some help getting his bike home. So after loading his bike up we drive to his house and he and I smoke a few one-hitters to calm his nerves...

Eventually I'm on my way home when I remember, one of my headlights went out the other day... And a few blocks from my friend's house a cop notices, who proceeds to pull me over... A cop in an SUV. We do the whole license and registration thing, and I become aware this is most likely the same cop that almost hit my friend earlier in the night. Since I had pretty much just finished smoking in the car I didn't have any on me (it was all my friend's stuff) but I did have a couple of my one hitters in the car. Ended up with a ticket I have to pay online, probably gonna be about $110. But, I did just get my tax return and some birthday money, and got a paycheck coming on Friday so I'm not too worried. Since it's decriminalized here and just paraphernalia it's a legal slap on the wrists.

TL;DR Fuckin' eager beaver rookie cops...

Edited by ghOsty