IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Reading about mortgages, first time buying etcetera...and I'm bored out of my mind. The market and buying a place that isn't really yours and so on seems sort of pointless, and tiring. Too much paperwork...

Any alternate living options? I'm tempted to buy a canal boat and live on that. There's a mooring right outside where I work. And I can watch the ducks float past. Heck, if another country is cheap enough I could pack up and move on. Greece?

would exploring the world be an option, like actually pack your bags, leave everything behind and just travel around

Reading about mortgages, first time buying etcetera...and I'm bored out of my mind. The market and buying a place that isn't really yours and so on seems sort of pointless, and tiring. Too much paperwork...

Any alternate living options? I'm tempted to buy a canal boat and live on that. There's a mooring right outside where I work. And I can watch the ducks float past. Heck, if another country is cheap enough I could pack up and move on. Greece?

would exploring the world be an option, like actually pack your bags, leave everything behind and just travel around

Not really, nowhere I really want to go. I'm a homebody, not an explorer by any means. Definitely would prefer somewhere I could move to and stay there in comfort than to shift around endlessly. Maybe if I could find a long term renter instead of buying, but that seems even more pointless.

If Sealand is for sale, then maybe I might go there.

If you are intent on staying put, then don't waste money on rent. You will eventually own the place you buy, and paying your mortgage is much more sensible than spending money on rent.

Just watched several videos of animal cruelty in the food industry, particularly hidden footage of chicken slaughterhouses and mother pigs confined to gestation crates. Won't go into graphic detail though.

But what gets me is how many of these workers inflict unnecessary abuse on these animals, not to mention the filthy, unsanitary conditions. Not sure whether going vegan would make much difference though.

All part of the wider dilemma of this world I reckon - as a rhetorical question, is it better to be blind, ignorant, and happy...or to always be privy to the truth, no matter how horrific? (sorta like Blue Pill vs Red Pill I 'spose)

Just watched several videos of animal cruelty in the food industry, particularly hidden footage of chicken slaughterhouses and mother pigs confined to gestation crates. Won't go into graphic detail though.

But what gets me is how many of these workers inflict unnecessary abuse on these animals, not to mention the filthy, unsanitary conditions. Not sure whether going vegan would make much difference though.

All part of the wider dilemma of this world I reckon - as a rhetorical question, is it better to be blind, ignorant, and happy...or to always be privy to the truth, no matter how horrific? (sorta like Blue Pill vs Red Pill I 'spose)

If people knew how horrific the slaughterhouse was they would be vegetarian, and I find it deeply disrespectful that most are ignorant to what an animal has to go through so they can enjoy dinner. If you know the truth and still eat meat then that's okay, it's more than most do.

Edited by tec

If people knew how horrific the slaughterhouse was they would be vegetarian, and I find it deeply disrespectful that most are ignorant to what an animal has to go through so they can enjoy dinner. If you know the truth and still eat meat then that's okay, it's more than most do.

No they wouldn't, some would maybe, I'm not. It is conflicting though, eventually I'd like to eat vat grown meat, thats a few decades away at least though (the current stuff is pretty tasteless, and ridiculously expensive).

I've already bought some frozen chicken dinners yesterday though, which I now feel guilty about after watching those clips. But I'm starting to consider meatless sources of protein for down the road, in case I do choose the vegan path. I already know beans and tofu have protein. Nuts and mushrooms do too, I think.

Apparently there's like a switch that flips on at a point in your mid-thirties, and from then on much of your life will be devoted to developing an effective nosehair management protocol.

lol so watmm

i just bought sushi from the lidl (mall) but it tastes nasty

Edited by Berk

i bought mature cheddar rather than extra mature cheddar by mistake

i'd rather have mild over this it's so fucking mediocre

Anything less than extra mature is like plastic to me, so I feel this woe deeply and send supportive vibes. Or, even worse, when the mature cheddar is on offer, but the extra mature is normal price. Those evil bastards...

put a whole large scotch bonnet instead of just half into a curry earlier and I've been slowly dissolving since

the missus had a couple of bites and said "don't take the piss"

waste not want not, dear

I bought new shoe laces a couple weeks ago and I don't know where they went. My current ones are shedding their outer layer like a snake, and somehow getting longer. My tying style is ludicrous at this point.

dealing with facial hair, i hate shaving everything off, even though my hair grows fast. it looks best like a week long. i think i'll use my beard trimmer again, but weekly on the lowest setting.

everything that comes from human enterprise is terrible except pizza and I'm all out of pizza

Edited by baph

Anything less than extra mature is like plastic to me, so I feel this woe deeply and send supportive vibes. Or, even worse, when the mature cheddar is on offer, but the extra mature is normal price. Those evil bastards...

Shit just got serious.. It's mature cheddar in extra mature cheddar packaging. I didn't even make a purchasing error. Fuming...

Been sick the past few days. This cold is getting old. Maybe I'll get bold and steal some gold. But from what I'm told, it can be found naturally here, so I can dodge the scold.

Watch out for mold - vigilance is twofold.

Been sick the past few days. This cold is getting old. Maybe I'll get bold and steal some gold. But from what I'm told, it can be found naturally here, so I can dodge the scold.

Watch out for mold - vigilance is twofold.

I lold

Have to urinate but don't want to get up from the couch.

how long did you hold it for ???"""?

if i hold too long, the whole time peeing is all im thinking, can't concentrate on anything else, kind of like an extreme version of what happens if you dont masturbate

Edited by Deer