IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Power's been out where I live for at least 4 hours now. We've been getting hammered with 70-100 mph (110-160 kmh) wind gusts, which must've blown some transformers.

This time of year though, in the Arctic? Fuck this climate change.

EDIT: Correction - found out the wind knocked a tree down which then struck a power line, not a blown transformer.

Edited by ambermonk

also, there was an earthquake last night and i slept through it but people i know felt it, scary

Apparently it was just 80km from my mom. Their friends all felt it, pictures crooked on the wall etc.

She slept right through it.

Power's been out where I live for at least 4 hours now. We've been getting hammered with 70-100 mph (110-160 kmh) wind gusts, which must've blown some transformers.

EDIT: Correction - found out the wind knocked a tree down which then struck a power line, not a blown transformer.

Shit, dude, I hope it gets back soon. Is it cold too? Having power out for a week in November was really shitty in near-freezing weather, any colder than that would be miserable.

My FWP: somewhat inadvertently picked a fight on FB by criticizing Star Wars.

also, there was an earthquake last night and i slept through it but people i know felt it, scary

Apparently it was just 80km from my mom. Their friends all felt it, pictures crooked on the wall etc.

lol, and SHE slept through it. cray cray

we need a bunch of small earthquakes to lessen the impact of the one (neo, jk)

Shit, dude, I hope it gets back soon. Is it cold too? Having power out for a week in November was really shitty in near-freezing weather, any colder than that would be miserable.

My FWP: somewhat inadvertently picked a fight on FB by criticizing Star Wars.

Power's back. It was actually up in the 40s (F) today, so it was warmer than usual. I guess it's one of those "chinooks"

My buddy @ work is way into Star Wars, but I'm mostly indifferent to it. The only time I really got into it was that Dark Forces game we played back in 1995. Though devout fans probably wouldn't consider it "true" Star Wars due to the lack of light saber, Jedi powers, and all that happy shit

It was the first earthquake I've ever felt. it made my bones vibrate, whole room trembled. It even fixed the "burnt out" light in my bedroom... guess there was just a wire that needed jostling. I'm wondering if I should jump ship to somewhere else before the big one hits. We are right on a fault line after all.

It was the first earthquake I've ever felt. it made my bones vibrate, whole room trembled. It even fixed the "burnt out" light in my bedroom... guess there was just a wire that needed jostling. I'm wondering if I should jump ship to somewhere else before the big one hits. We are right on a fault line after all.

Here in Van I thought some drunk had rammed his truck into the house. That was only a 4.9 - imagine what a 9.1 must be like. Fucking mental.

My ear is not clearing up, despite the nasal spray Spiral recommended, plus doing steam baths and none of my symptoms match anything to do with other ear conditions other than hearing loss. And a letter I received from the NHS has me booked in as urgent and was sent recorded delivery... :catbleed:

Only plus: it does not hurt. For the moment. And the hearing loss is minor, if noticeable: if the hearing in my right ear is 10/10, my left is now 8/10.

Edited by Bechuga

dealing with an IT dept that doesn't know how to use Windows Control Panel, or even remember their admin passwords.

I am currently watching an idiot on Lync video chat try to clear a corrupted Outlook profile on my PC, so whenever his boss walks by in the background, he moves his mouse around in a circle on my screen to look like he's doing something, then when that guy passes by, he goes back to looking down at his phone. This IT request has been forwarded 4 times today to 4 different morons. fucking Middle East.

Hemorroids are traumatizing. I bought some ointment today. The tube has an special end piece for putting it in the poopoo hole. It's so awful but I really hope this is gonna work so I don't have to let a doctor put his fingers in myself.

Turns out the accounting degree I'm getting is just filler and it's completely useless. I know because Zeffolia told me so:

" But realistically speaking, business degrees are filler degrees on the level of communications and marketing for jocks and frat boys, not a real degree like say math, physics, or another non-premed STEM major. I just noticed it while reading the psychedelics thread and it gave me a minor chuckle that is all."

Guys if any of you are getting a business related degree just stop because it's useless and you're useless for getting one and it's not real education and you're a stupid dumb dumb, zeff said so.

Only STEM degrees are worth anything. Anyone else is worthless.

edit: that's signature material.

Edited by StephenG

All good ideas.

The high end studio I emailed for prospective employment doesn't need me.

The 6 songs i've written lyrics for recently are all good on their own, but together they amount to way too much gloominess. I need to write from some other perspectives, or add a more pointed element of dark humor.

My HDMI cable glitches out the screen of my TV with green digital nastiness and blasts me with static when I plug it in/turns the TV on and off several times before finally settling on the contents my lap top is attempting to transfer upon it. The replacement cable I got is too short for my needs.

I can't stop complaining to watmm.

All good ideas.

The high end studio I emailed for prospective employment doesn't need me.

The 6 songs i've written lyrics for recently are all good on their own, but together they amount to way too much gloominess. I need to write from some other perspectives, or add a more pointed element of dark humor.

Did they tell you that (RE gloominess) or is that just your take on how things went? (or are those two separate fwp lol)