IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Ouch jan... how's the ipod?

Anyway, my fwp: Ever since 2 years, I pretty much always wake up in the wee hours of the night because I have to take a piss; this is usually between 4:30 and 05:00. I think I rewired something in my adrenal gland in the summer of 2013, where I did quite a lot of psychedelics: I remember waking up after one night of tripping and feeling something different in my right kidney.

Almost contradictory, I also pursued a healthy life where at the heart a morning yoga routine lay. This routine required getting up between 04:30 and 05;00. I wouldn't be surprised if I wired those two together somewhere :shrug:

This isn't too bad really; I just have to rearrange my day so that I go to bed early and wake up early too. Actually, this is what I have been wanting for a while now.

opening too many consecutive tabs in firefox, then it crashes, then wont reload the previous session after re-opening, then u have to go thru your own browser history with a fine toothpick to extract what u'll most prob miss anyway

not learning from it is an annoying habit in itself

aarrrgh oh fuck. why am i still scared to use presets on my tracks? I always tend to start a new sound from the very beginning and that consumes my time and energy :(

Try doing a track with all presets, just for fun. There's nothing to stop you from tweaking/replacing all the sounds later. Tons of great records are swimming in presets, anyway.

opening too many consecutive tabs in firefox, then it crashes, then wont reload the previous session after re-opening, then u have to go thru your own browser history with a fine toothpick to extract what u'll most prob miss anyway

Highly recommended: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/onetab/

For anyone interested, Chrome version is here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/onetab/chphlpgkkbolifaimnlloiipkdnihall

R.I.P. iPod Classic - 160gb lighter now :(

For anyone interested, Chrome version is here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/onetab/chphlpgkkbolifaimnlloiipkdnihall

Nice one, thanks!

My ipod recently died as well. So I upgraded my phone, which happened to be already covered on my tab (part of my cell plan)! It was was like I got to walk in to the shop and steal a phone, no jail time required. It still gets to be a FWP because the jack is too shallow to properly contain any pair of headphones in existence... which is baffling, but common among phones. So my headphones jut out about 4mm at all times, and even at max volume it's still pretty quiet. Albums mastered before '96 will be largely dissatisfying from now on... unless there is such a thing as a volume boosting adapter. And there probably is, I just haven't looked into it yet. Also, I'm hungry.

Yeah I feel your pain Jan. I've gone through 4-5 160gb ipods over the years. Always the hd.

My last one corrupted somehow, wiped itself. I only managed to put about ten albums back on it before it stopped talking to my laptop.

Now it's a glorified buddha box connected to some speakers in my bedroom. I use it to play Eliane Radigue every night to fall asleep to.

On-the-go listening is now phone based.

Apple need to pull their fingers out and do an ssd ipod classic for dedicated listening. None of this touch happycrappy.

Feeling jaded about the holiday season in general. Hyper-consumerism laden with pandemic stress, alcohol abuse, and family dysfunction.

Seems more trouble than it's worth anymore. Just glad I don't work in retail.

Edited by ambermonk

Furnace is broken again, no luck of getting anyone to repair it before next week. It's like 55 degrees in there (12.8 or so to my metric brothers) - my various house plants of which total in the dozens are very cold and unhappy.

Conclusion: Oil furnaces were built by the devil and illuminati, 911 was a part time job, 7 sides to a triangle, jet fuel and steel beams.

Feeling jaded about the holiday season in general. Hyper-consumerism laden with pandemic stress, alcohol abuse, and family dysfunction.

I feel you on that. Just hang out with the animals in whatever house your family ends up gathering in. My parents house has 4 cats and 2 dogs when everyone gets together, it's pretty fun to hang with them. I'm lucky my family avoids the abuse factor and just watches movies, some aren't so lucky.

I think the older you get, the less christmas means anything besides an obligation to spend money, visit family and gorge on liquor. Any gift I want is far to expensive to reasonably expect anyone to buy for me, and I suck at christmas shopping - it's not my holiday.

:beer:

Furnace is broken again, no luck of getting anyone to repair it before next week. It's like 55 degrees in there (12.8 or so to my metric brothers) - my various house plants of which total in the dozens are very cold and unhappy.

Conclusion: Oil furnaces were built by the devil and illuminati, 911 was a part time job, 7 sides to a triangle, jet fuel and steel beams.

I feel you on that. Just hang out with the animals in whatever house your family ends up gathering in. My parents house has 4 cats and 2 dogs when everyone gets together, it's pretty fun to hang with them. I'm lucky my family avoids the abuse factor and just watches movies, some aren't so lucky.

I think the older you get, the less christmas means anything besides an obligation to spend money, visit family and gorge on liquor. Any gift I want is far to expensive to reasonably expect anyone to buy for me, and I suck at christmas shopping - it's not my holiday.

:beer:

My X-Mas shopping approach is basically to gift card the shit out of everything, when you don't know what they want. I just hope come the 25th there's no drama on that day.

you guys need the spirit! tis the season of giving.

Like this Spirit?

[youtubehd]MwsWskgKe5E[/youtubehd]

It's 3am and I'm at work trying to read but my colleague has put on one of those America's Dumbest Criminals shows at (seemingly) full volume.

I can ignore the 50's 'murican newsreel narration and the dramatic music and cymbal crashes but what I can't ignore is all the dubbed effects they've added to silent CCTV footage (I think because it's kinda hilarious maybe?) I swear the punch noise they're using is from Streets of Rage or similar.

I have retreated to the office next door.

ex sex

shoot me now

and ta v much Was

I was looking forward to some cheap subway sandwich goodness, but they were closed. Losers. So I went to fucking Bigwheel Burger, got the "ho ho ho special" and it was overpriced garbage of the lowest order. 12 goddamn dollars and they don't even give you fries or a drink. Their burgers are like Wendy's, but twice as messy and triple the price. Never again. (PS I would not have ordered it had the price been listed... originally I got garlic fries with it, would've brought the total price to $17!!! Fucking 0 class criminals running that establishment... NEVER AGAIN! *burns down a christmas tree*)

i just had to write an email to a consumer explaining how to prepare a noodle based snack for which he could not find the fill line indicating the correct water level.

i had to explain that there was a picture of the pot with an arrow marked "fill level" just to the left of the instructions he quoted in his original email.

i sincerely fear for the future of humanity. what if this man was in charge of the world? just think about that for a minute.

I just touched my christmas tree before opening my laptop, didn't realise my hands were covered with spruce sap, which has now been inadvertently applied across most of my keyboard making it sticky and yucky

Also I have no biscuits to have with a tea this morning

FML

I think I offended my brother-in-law because my wife just let the cat out of the bag that I have a deep-seated, irrational hatred of Batman and he really liked the Nolan movies (which I hated most of all).

Also my Japanese sucks.

I think I offended my brother-in-law because my wife just let the cat out of the bag that I have a deep-seated, irrational hatred of Batman and he really liked the Nolan movies (which I hated most of all).

Also my Japanese sucks.

Watashi wa anata no nenchaku-sei no te wa subete no anata no rappu toppu-jō de ki no yūki o eru koto ni tsuite ōkina kanashimi o kanjitaga, watashi wa Battoman no anata no nikushimi no subete no jikan no saidai no sūpāhīrō o shitta toki, kore wa sugu ni jōhatsu sa semashita. Anata wa anata no kazoku o hazukashimemasu.

俺はもう日本語ができないもん、いえども北海道で留学したことあるのに。誰か助けてくれ。

だっていわゆる「第一世界問題」(FWP)なんです。

Edited by ambermonk

That first Nolan Batman movie really was awful, and it seemed the entire world went stupid over it. I couldn't stomach another of those, so I never saw the next one(s?).