IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

my fwp, gate returned, they've upped the animation budget and the scenarios seem a little more adult, but I just wanted to vedj out to a quest to kill the fire dragon, instead they've started upping the potential for political intrigue. Might binge watch the season in march, in case I have to skim. Not much the hap in the rest of the new animes out there, there's gotta be at least one.

I want to move into a bigger place, but I live in fucking Vancouver :trashbear:

It's a beautiful city, but traffic is nuts. I also understand housing is expensive as hell. Wouldn't mind living there myself if it were more affordable...

I got banned from the underground work carpark. :cat:

ostensibly it's because building security/management didn't like where I was parking, in spots too close to doors or fire exits. the full story however is that, since they've made level 3 paid-only and blocked it off, they've taken away a lot valuable space which is never going to be fucking used (that bike corner on level 3 is always empty now, utter waste), and now there's only a ridiculously small amount of space left on the other levels for the same number of bikes to cram themselves into. everyone is forced to scrounge. building twats have conveniently ignored their responsibility for this aspect of the problem.

so I've been parking where I can provided it's not a real hazard/blockage.

in the last few months, I've been given several verbal and written notices not to park in various spots, which I've tried to comply with where possible, but last Friday they decided to call last strike when I parked in a spot apparently too close to a door (which must lead to fucking Narnia or something because it's in a godforsaken dead-end little corner that no one ever ventures into), which I actually thought would be ok cos I'd seen bikes parked there all the time. building twats went straight to HR in my office and said they were revoking my access. whatever, no big deal. but on top of that, HR twats started threatening a Code of Conduct investigation.

I nodded and listened calmly to try and downplay this whole thing and get it over with, but inside I was thinking "what the fuck, haven't you cunts got anything better to do? what is the logical connection between a parking space problem with the building guys, and opening a formal Code of Conduct investigation at my workplace as regards my performance as an employee? eat dicks all y'all." it isn't actually going to happen, but just the threat of it is straight pants-on-head idiotic.

working in an office can be the death of your soul if you're not careful. you will find your world being ruled by trivialities like this. have a plan to get out.

Edited by usagi

Have to do an assignment for a course, which we're supposed to do in pairs. There's 13 of us in class and I'm the one left out ( :( ), so I look up who's enrolled on the course and there's 14 people on the list. Thing is, there's only 13 of us in class. The missing guy has no profile pic and his email is a regular gmail one, not a uni one, which is really odd. I ask around and nobody knows the guy. So I sent him an email, and his Google+ account shows up.

Apparently he's a guy from the Canary islands, who as far as his LinkedIn, Google+, etc. accounts let me know, has nothing to do with my uni. The guy studies compsci, so at least that checks out. He also either is on his last year of uni, which checks out too, or has finished his degree. My uni doesn't show up anywhere there though, he studied at a different one in the Canary islands (and in Krakow for a year).

So yeah, that's odd

A client published a commercial before I a got a chance to finish the sound design. So weird.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, it already has +140.000 views on YouTube

What commercial?

Too Fat.

Also could use a bigger mixer, or at least one that doesn't crackle when I turn a pot. I've had this thing for literally half my life already so I reckon it's about time for a new one, maybe an A&H ZED or something. Still have my eye on one of those Mackie 1642s for the routing but I have heard so much bad shit about Mackie in the last few years.

Monday/Wednesday mornings are like the ultimate test of staying awake for me. I've got 7:30am History of Design lectures followed by Intro to HTML at 9. Now I know some people like web programming and find it interesting but I'm definitely not one of them. I find it tedious and boring... The art history lectures are absolute torture to stay awake through.

Monday/Wednesday mornings are like the ultimate test of staying awake for me. I've got 7:30am History of Design lectures followed by Intro to HTML at 9. Now I know some people like web programming and find it interesting but I'm definitely not one of them. I find it tedious and boring... The art history lectures are absolute torture to stay awake through.

html is definitely tedious and boring, it's just a document description. Web programming gets a lot more interesting with JavaScript and CSS. You can even do MIDI communication now, in Chrome at least.

I loved art history when I was in college. Although, there was one time I came in after drinking 6 beers and fell asleep in class.

I loved art history when I was in college. Although, there was one time I came in after drinking 6 beers and fell asleep in class.

This course isn't so much general art history, it's more focused specifically on just design and print to go along with the graphic design curriculum. It's not extremely terrible subject wise, it's just that it's a very lecture heavy class and it's really early in the morning. Sitting in a dimly lit room listening to hour and a half lectures when I'm already not a morning person makes it quite a challenge to stay awake.

What's a raise?

Aka barely anything :cisfor:

lol. No I jest, I'm incredibly grateful and blessed to retain a job in this economy during these crazy times across the world. I figured that's what made the raise thing a perfect fwp.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

seeing a well-dressed and coiffed lady in business attire dig her fingers literally inside her ass to unwedgie herself, in full public view at a crossing, you're reminded that class and appearance are all relative/illusions.

seeing a well-dressed and coiffed lady in business attire dig her fingers literally inside her ass to unwedgie herself, in full public view at a crossing, you're reminded that class and appearance are all relative/illusions.

lol / I know this feel