IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

11 minutes ago, usagi said:

I managed to piss on my belt which suddenly swung free while I was taking a leak. tempted to throw it (the belt, not my piss) in the washer to see what happens.

surely just give it a wipe down with a cloth

8 minutes ago, MadellisTheSixth said:

surely just give it a wipe down with a cloth

no, I'd rather destroy my washer.

4 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Or just piss on the rest of your clothes so the belt isn't out of place 

logically sound approach.

• Like 1

Just now, usagi said:

no, I'd rather destroy my washer.

logically sound approach.

cover the world in piss and piss will cease to exist. its like that quote by David foster Wallace that I still don't understand about the fish that doesn't know its wet.

he must've meant "the pish" not "the fish". it all makes sense now. piss doesn't know it's wet, of course, how could it? it's piss, it just is. belts on the other hand... a pissed belt definitely knows it's wet, intrinsically. there is wisdom here if one has the grit to uncover it.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, usagi said:

I managed to piss on my belt which suddenly swung free while I was taking a leak. tempted to throw it (the belt, not my piss) in the washer to see what happens.

i've had that happen in the past at least once. also, unexpected double streams are the bane of my toilet-going existence

1 hour ago, Eth3realFox said:

i've had that happen in the past at least once. also, unexpected double streams are the bane of my toilet-going existence

Ugh, the double stream.

I'm kinda bummed to find an adam Corolla interview on youtube where he's talking to and praising a fox news tv host. Adam is a childhood hero to me but it seems our political views might be a bit different.

So I can record from my soundblaster to my crappy laptop via the USB, but it won't let me listen to what is being recorded at the same time!

Think I need to stick my mixer into the chain and monitor through that.

Which means going back out to the garage to get it and I can't be bothered.

My whole city is shrouded in smoke. I heard somebody set fire to a homeless camp. A very shitty thing to do, especially when there are already two simultaneous wildfires to the south and to the north. And chances of rain are still slim in the forecast. Plus it was super windy the last two days.

At least it's finally cooling down, now that summer's almost over. But where is our rain ffs

20 hours ago, yekker said:

I'm kinda bummed to find an adam Corolla interview on youtube where he's talking to and praising a fox news tv host. Adam is a childhood hero to me but it seems our political views might be a bit different.

for example

10 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

So I can record from my soundblaster to my crappy laptop via the USB, but it won't let me listen to what is being recorded at the same time!

Think I need to stick my mixer into the chain and monitor through that.

Which means going back out to the garage to get it and I can't be bothered.

Things like this happened frequently to me and it's why I haven't done any music in a while

was moving a tempered glass shower door from A to B, not my first rodeo, but this one must have had a crack along the edge. As soon as I let it gently touch the ground it shattered in my hands. So many cuts, lol. And just as itchy as fiberglass. mmmm

Yikes!

11 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Things like this happened frequently to me and it's why I haven't done any music in a while

It's why once I get everything working right, I don't change it for years.  

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I've noticed at my new job (office) bathroom there are boogers stuck on the side of the walls of the toilet stalls. People that work there are adults certainly not kids.

Does anyone here pick their noses when they are at work and stick them in their work's bathroom ? 

It's ok I won't tell.

I was at my aunt's 70th birthday party today. Mostly all family and two older ladies that are her friends, sitting outside in a circle talking about music. I was asked what I listen to, I say, "Techno... electronic stuff"

and both of these women look at me un-approvingly ( is that a word?)

my mom chimes in: "and the beatles!"

so i say, "And the beatles"

but it was too late, i was already judged.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, yekker said:

I was at my aunt's 70th birthday party today. Mostly all family and two older ladies that are her friends, sitting outside in a circle talking about music. I was asked what I listen to, I say, "Techno... electronic stuff"

and both of these women look at me un-approvingly ( is that a word?)

my mom chimes in: "and the beatles!"

so i say, "And the beatles"

but it was too late, i was already judged.

Nightmare situation. I hate being forced into small talk, as well as answering the favorite music question by individuals outside of our IDM cult. Because there's no way to answer that without potential embarrassment. And it's a particularly foreign concept to old people.

9 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Ugh, at work we have this thing whereby before our weekly meeting commences there is a 'conversation starter', where someone is assigned the task of asking a banal question that everyone then has to take turns answering around the table. It is always something like 'what's the best concert you've been to', or 'what's a great movie you like' where my brain goes into overdrive considering whether i'm going to have another one of those conversations where its highlighted that i'm into 'weird' stuff, or i just make some shit up. 

The answer to this one (in context) is clearly American Psycho, go on to describe in great detail how you appreciate the scene where Patrick Bateman is explaining Huey Lewis and the News in depth to two hookers while also instructing them to eat ass. Then casually drop "Oh and the decapitation of his coworkers was great too".