IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

spent the last few days editing this track and got it to where i thought it had a nice flow.. was editing on the laptop w/headphones.. so i consolidate the tracks.. get them in the studio to start mixing and what a load of shit.  i think i know a set of headphones and they go and knife me in the back for sport. 

also, watched a "what could go wrong" clip on reddit. some dude gonna prank his friend by slide tackling him in the park. of course the guy tries to bend his lower body away from him and the guy sliding catches his friend's leg and breaks the guy's ankle horribly. 

fml. i hate pain videos and gore. broke my ankle really bad when i was around 11 yrs old. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 2

On 4/2/2021 at 11:35 PM, ambermonke said:

Got a call from scammers claiming to be US marshals right before my lunch break at work, saying that some rental car was found south of the Texas border and 12 bank accounts under my name, and that said car had blood and cocaine inside, implicating me in criminal activity. Wasted at least half an hour with these clowns when the one claiming to be "chief" abruptly hang up after I asked them if they were actual US marshals and that I suspect identity theft. I think they had Indian accents.

Should've just let the phone ring, but it was a local area code. Bastards are getting clever I guess. Or, maybe I'll answer it next time, ask for their address, and tell them that my name is Fleece Johnson and that I'm horny.

Ask them to send you bitcoin to confirm you’ve set up a wallet correctly. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

spent the last few days editing this track and got it to where i thought it had a nice flow.. was editing on the laptop w/headphones.. so i consolidate the tracks.. get them in the studio to start mixing and what a load of shit.  i think i know a set of headphones and they go and knife me in the back for sport. 

oof yah i've had this - i live in an apartment complex with thin walls so i pretty much exclusively do music with headphones. more than once that's resulted in what i thought was a tight track being dropped in a liveset, only to reveal itself to be a monstrosity of bass harmonics & too-loud hihats.

these days i openly encourage people to only listen to my stuff on headphones (as the lord intended), or at least headphones for the first full listen to a new album. there's just so much detail that would be ignored otherwise!

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Like 1

My new employer sent me a work phone and a laptop in two different packages that required a signature. I wasn't around when they were delivered so the phone was sent to a nearby store for me to pick up, but the laptop was just automatically returned to them instead. Tomorrow is the onboarding process and I have to use their computer to access it. I hope I don't have to do all this on a phone...

26 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

update: i just felt a violent pain in the elbow while trying to stand up. this looks very bad. 

go to doctor? 

Just now, ignatius said:

go to doctor? 

yeah i think i'm gonna go to the emergency department tomorrow, i don't have a doctor. all my current plans are ruined if the injury is serious and that would put me in a difficult situation, so i'm not feeling super great right now. we'll see

10 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

yeah i think i'm gonna go to the emergency department tomorrow, i don't have a doctor. all my current plans are ruined if the injury is serious and that would put me in a difficult situation, so i'm not feeling super great right now. we'll see

why wait? you just gonna give it one more day to see if it improves? 

24 minutes ago, ignatius said:

why wait? you just gonna give it one more day to see if it improves? 

this + it's getting late and i don't wanna spend the night in the waiting room, i'd rather waste my daytime instead

i know there's no chance the injury will have improved by tomorrow though. i'm just lazy is all

• Farnsworth 1

24 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

this + it's getting late and i don't wanna spend the night in the waiting room, i'd rather waste my daytime instead

i know there's no chance the injury will have improved by tomorrow though. i'm just lazy is all

i get weird and paranoid w/these kinds of situations. like i'll show up at the emergency room 1 day too late and the doctor will say "if only ou'd have come in yesterday we could've saved your arm.. but i'm sorry to tell you we'll have to amputate it immediately"

• Haha 1

I just fucked up my elbow (and thigh) as well (like an hour ago), typing this with a bunch of frozen peas on it *this post was sponsored by the elbow gang

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

I got a lot of creative shit going on in my life that kinda rules and would have 25yr old me very jealous.

But I am filled with ennui 

i've been having this somewhat so far this year. like i've been having life experiences that young me would have considered a big deal, and my reaction has largely been "well that's cool i guess". but in saying that i don't mean to suggest that i've fallen into a depressive state - just that i've reached a point in my life where the daily work is itself the satisfying part, and any interesting social results that come about from that work are like a bonus

also the "cool guys don't look at explosions" law of social positioning suggests that you'll come off as more badass the less outwardly reactive you are to cool stuff happening in your life

• Like 1

My favourite beers keep phasing out bottles, replacing them with cans, thereby ruining my enjoyment of them.  Fuck you, Dark Matter.  Is this trend taking place all over the world, or just my stupid island.

Yah, it's the eco friendly way to go apparently. Less weight when shipping, easier to stack, easier to recycle = lower carbon footprint. Feels a bit cheap, but the beer is still good.

• Farnsworth 1

12 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It always tastes significantly worse to me.  No idea why that would be, but it's always the case.

get a nice pint glass. pour your beer into it. 

i never minded cans. used to get murphy's irish stout in the nitro can. tasted great poured into a glass. also, there's something nice about a cold can of shitty domestic beer sometimes.. but only certain brands for me. it's all a memory now though. fuckn celiac sucks. 

srsly though.. get a pint glass. i think i actually preferred a glass or a can over a bottle.. though did used to drink the  new belgian Blue Paddle pilsner and a couple of the heater allen beers in bottles.. hmm.. oregon is full of good micro breweries. 

• Like 2

I dunno, as long as the beer is cold then it's cool.

In other news I've probably gained ten pounds lately with all the hot cross buns I've been eating (and other shit). I'll have to step up my cardio soon.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It always tastes significantly worse to me.  No idea why that would be, but it's always the case.

could be the epoxy lining you're tasting

• Sad 1

It's Monday morning and I'm about to head off to work, but I literally don't feel like doing a damn thing - not even play games, watch YT, nothing. Just wanna go back to sleep.

Also had this song come up in my dream but I have no way of knowing the name of it. I think it's some early 90s slow dance track, but no lyrics. It is a real song though. But I can only identify it by aural memory. I know only one other individual who's familiar with it. Maybe if I can recreate it and then send them my version to see if they recognize it, I can finally properly identify the original by name.

Edited by ambermonke

been eating like shit lately, so yesterday decided to make a healthy vegan Moroccan style chickpea stew. it turned out awesome, but the problem was I consumed far too much edible cannabis product while I was making it, and so was super duper high by the time it was done. I ended up eating way more than I should (and then later some blueberry dessert thing I found rummaging in the fridge), which completely negated me trying to eat healthy in the first place. I still feel bloated this morning, ugh.