stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

44 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:
On 4/5/2021 at 1:54 PM, Alcofribas said:

this fucking sucks lol

this is truly nightmarish to me. I cannot deal

Have you considered the lobster?

5 minutes ago, eassae said:

Beautiful day yesterday, so I go out for a walk in my flip-flops for the first time this year. I just went to the grocery store, put on my flip-flops again, and the skin between my toes are sore.

You need the sandals that just go over the foot not in the toes.

5F1E3E10-17B7-4E7F-8A71-EC993EE73CAC.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eassae said:

Yes! But, I love mine. I've been ordering them from the same company for the past 20 years. I think the issue is that I just had to bust out a new pair.

IMG_0676.thumb.jpg.2e701026f779a755381d1a58a795a6b8.jpg

Yeah, those are really awesome, worth the toe rash!

21 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

Idk if you’re suggesting I go full DFW and kms or full JBP and clean my room

oh shit clearly the latter. I kind of forgot about that DFW collection/article...JBP has infected my brain like some sort of rotting cancer.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, Braintree said:

My new employer sent me a work phone and a laptop in two different packages that required a signature. I wasn't around when they were delivered so the phone was sent to a nearby store for me to pick up, but the laptop was just automatically returned to them instead. Tomorrow is the onboarding process and I have to use their computer to access it. I hope I don't have to do all this on a phone...

So I did the onboarding on my computer, but I'm still waiting on the laptop. In fact, I need the laptop to access the phone. It took them a couple days to send me a new one and it's taken a couple days to ship it to me. The signature is still required and the buzzer in my apartment building doesn't work so I'm getting up and looking out the window every two minutes and afraid to take a shit since we'll have to do this all over again if I miss it. I've basically missed my first week of work so my anxiety is going off the charts. I can't use anything but a company-approved laptop for security reasons.

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

oh shit clearly the latter. I kind of forgot about that DFW collection/article...JBP has infected my brain like some sort of rotting cancer.

i wish i could just be a jpb head cleaning my room all day

• Big Brain 1

34 minutes ago, Braintree said:

So I did the onboarding on my computer, but I'm still waiting on the laptop. In fact, I need the laptop to access the phone. It took them a couple days to send me a new one and it's taken a couple days to ship it to me. The signature is still required and the buzzer in my apartment building doesn't work so I'm getting up and looking out the window every two minutes and afraid to take a shit since we'll have to do this all over again if I miss it. I've basically missed my first week of work so my anxiety is going off the charts. I can't use anything but a company-approved laptop for security reasons.

I hope they're not using FedEx...

Okay, it just showed up. Everything's good. I had to yell out the window at the guy but I have it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Okay, it just showed up. Everything's good. I had to yell out the window at the guy but I have it.

Good job you were looking out the window...FedEx is the worst....

6 hours ago, eassae said:

Beautiful day yesterday, so I go out for a walk in my flip-flops for the first time this year. I just went to the grocery store, put on my flip-flops again, and the skin between my toes are sore.

This is God’s way of telling you not to show your toes in public.

• Like 1

reached the 15 GB google photos storage limit. why is it such a pain in the ass to backup all my photos to an externall hdd in 2021. using google takeout now but that supposedly creates all kinds of metadata garbage

5 hours ago, Squee said:

I fucking HATE it when people don't show up on time. How fucking hard can it be?

Growing up in Ohio where people are generally on time every time, and then moving to California was a bit of a culture shock. Everyone here bakes in another 5-10 minutes for people to be late. So weird.

26 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Growing up in Ohio where people are generally on time every time, and then moving to California was a bit of a culture shock. Everyone here bakes in another 5-10 minutes for people to be late. So weird.

They say that Brazil is even worse (by far)

37 minutes ago, Braintree said:

i had this happen a lot when i first moved to montreal. going to shows at the official start time & no one would be there, sometimes not even the people running it. it got to be so that when i was organizing shows myself i would put the official start time as a couple hours earlier than i actually wanted to get going, just so people wouldn't be rolling in at 1AM for an acoustic singer-songwriter set

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

My friend was an hour late. 

An hour is bad.  It is easy to be late if you're depending on bus transportation.  Hard to be late by car, unless there's unforeseeable traffic congestion.  I actually like it when the person I'm meeting is a little bit late, because it makes me look good.  And then I can be like "oh, don't worry about it, it's all good," and then they're like "he's so easygoing and understanding."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drillkicker said:

They say that Brazil is even worse (by far)

Try Africa and in particular Malawi which seems to have it's own concept of time. Set times and schedules are roughly in about 2-3 hour accuracy or something from what I experienced. Even the locals said there are three time concepts in the world: western time, African time and Malawi time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

An hour is bad.  It is easy to be late if you're depending on bus transportation.  Hard to be late by car, unless there's unforeseeable traffic congestion.  I actually like it when the person I'm meeting is a little bit late, because it makes me look good.  And then I can be like "oh, don't worry about it, it's all good," and then they're like "he's so easygoing and understanding."

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

Well, that's ridiculous.

An hour is actually good in his book. He has sometimes been 2-3 hours late. I've started sending him texts that say, "In case you can't find it, the address is...."