stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

22 minutes ago, Braintree said:

*jots it down*

"hey how's it going

you're wearing all black 

so i wrote you this poem

......."

i'll leave it to you to fill in the rest. 

or just start laughing and hand her this card

bd00b3f9203d115afe4186058df38f9c37690e18

don't take advice from me though. i usually get it wrong. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

There's a tall, dark haired woman that wears all black that lives in my building and I have no way of striking up a conversation.

My advice is to avoid all conversation and eye contact to be on the safe side. That way nothing can go wrong.

• Big Brain 2

I was gonna suggest humming/mumble singing Paint it Black by the doors every time you encounter her. When you make eye contact do one of those raised eyebrows, mouth slightly contracted upward head jerks. 
Or start wearing all white. 

friend wanted this cool shirt that was on ebay and got outbid.

week later the same one comes up again so i thought i'd win the auction and give it to them as a birthday gift.

i win the auction.

i pay the seller aaaaaand the shirt's 2 sizes below what my friend wears.

why am i like this.

• Sad 2

Pick up a big doggo and dress it in the t-shirt, donate both.

• Big Brain 1

The only mp3s on my phone are BOC. I mean I like them so that's not really a problem, but it's more of a problem that I'm so damn lazy that I haven't loaded more music.

Edited by yekker

12 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

vibe away i say! ?

i know i want to have this approach but i'm afraid of the pandora's box that is my life. as it is it's nice and sealed but i know it'll be like the fucking hellraiser cube of emotions lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

i know i want to have this approach but i'm afraid of the pandora's box that is my life. as it is it's nice and sealed but i know it'll be like the fucking hellraiser cube of emotions lol

based on the fact you posted about it here, I'd say the box is already cracking open. bon voyage dude

• Sad 1

Sore af after a 50-minute run after work at the gym. Hope to get it back up to a full hour, to pre-COVID levels. Guess it takes time to build endurance back up.

1 hour ago, eassae said:

Exactly. I think lack of water. It didn't end up being to bad relatively—definitely spent an uncomfortable evening to early morning. I had one last year where I was laying on the bathroom floor and weeping for hours.

i guess the lesson is, drink more water?

I've also been making a conscious effort to drink more water.  But it sucks having to wake up in the middle of the night for pee's sake.  If I drank the recommended amount of water over the course of a day I would have to cancel all my plans due to pee.

SFWP: local news program thought felt it necessary to put a pic of a dead owl in my newsfeed because it died downtown...???  What in the actual fuck.

• Like 1

I see there is a new posts in the dank memes thread, I save opening it for when I have copious amounts of time to suck it all in, and it's a single image post. Life succ.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Waking up to the fact that I have really put on weight this past year thanks to lockdown lifestyle. Staying home most of the time, comfy clothes (elastic waistbands), generally less motivated and therefore less active, and no reason to care about how I look - can't sleep around, the one person I'm seeing regularly likes me just the way I am so no help there LOL - and so basically I just have one pair of "outside pants" that I wear when I do go out (I haven't sunken to the sweatpants in public stage [or maybe I am about to and that's the point of this post?]). Well these pants are starting to wear in the crotch so I started digging thru the rest of my clothes, and lo and behold, none of my other pants fuckin fit me anymore.  I've been aware of the expansion, my belly has grown and I fear if I don't act on it soon it will become a permanent fixture of my body. My circulation is bad; when I go out walking my calves and feet ache after a few blocks. I'm sure my blood pressure is high. I could be pre-diabetic for all we know. Once the vax has kicked in I am gonna see the doctor. And buy some fucking pants. But I need to get a handle on this. Such a classic first world problem: I'm fat and have health problems because of too much leisure time and delicious food. Lol 

EDIT: Fuck I always get self conscious about personal posts and end up deleting them. But maybe I need this one for accountability :unsure:

Hrb.png

• Haha 1

@toaoaoadimo easing into a health routine is all about building the mental infastructure. basically you want to start off with activities that are relatively effortless but kinda mimic the attitude of someone who is actually getting healthy (rather than just ruminating as a person who wants to get healthy at some future moment, which is the trap that many fall into). So for the active component of health (ie exercise) this could be something like going for a daily walk. Most people can do a walk pretty easy, right? No stress. But it gets you into that more physical mode of being & from there it begins to become easier to envision yourself doing some form of more rigorous exercise (certainly much easier than it is to imagine when you haven't gotten off the couch yet). For the passive component (ie not eating like shit) it's basically the same deal - create a rule for yourself which you know you can follow fairly reliably, but which can gradually become more stringent over time (can be all sorts of stuff - your eating schedule, foodtypes, calories, macros, etc)

The key imo is you've got to come up with things you can reliably do right now without pushing yourself too much. They should feel easy. Most people fuck up by imagining all the amazing stuff they're going to start doing tomorrow/next week/next month/in the future & they never start doing it. The change remains a fantasy detached from any actual lived experience. What you want to do is to actualize the process of change in the present, even if it's only in some ridiculously small way. Become accustomed to the feeling of change actually happening - you can build from there.

Spoiler

fwp: now that the gym is re-opened i've been swearing at inanimate objects a lot more again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1