IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Certain types of batt insulation help with soundproofing (as does extra layers of subfloor, 16" stud spacing instead of the new budget 24" style, double layers of drywall, solid core doors, etc), but as usual, it's a lot more complicated than that. Impact noise is hard to get rid of in general, and while cheap construction makes things worse, there isn't much that can totally stop the sound of stomping demon children, endless dog talk, and subwoofers. And since you must hear something, what is best in life is to crush your neighbors, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. 

• Farnsworth 1

18 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

I once had a student from Korea who told me that there is a basic understanding there, as so many people are stacked in massive high rises in small quarters, that they all just know to keep quiet.

The thing in Korea is that it's not common to entertain at home, nor are home studios etc common. Also the big high-rise apartments are built out of thick concrete, not wood. Plenty of the smaller places have noise issues.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, brian trageskin said:

so the 3rd time i knocked on the door so fucking hard that my knuckles bled, every single noise stopped instantly, and the guy i discussed with was visibly scared. flol 

brian trageskin

• Haha 1

Trying out this intermittent fasting thing since I don't do as much physical activity since I can't play team sports and I fucking hate jogging. Kind of meh - plus I got hit with a cold second week in, so really low energy. On the plus side, I guess being old finally paid off as I'm eligible to be vaccinated in Ontario now...

God I hate the neighbours behind my house so much. Most people in the neighbourhood are students like my group of friends in our house, but these cunts (bearing in mind they're all 21/22) are so loud and disrespectful to neighbours around them, always throwing random shit into other peoples gardens (we throw everything back into theirs), blasting music 24/7 and screaming and shouting over the most stupid shit.

Bunch of posh entitled cunts who weren't disciplined as kids. As soon as I heard the Surrey accents when I first met them I knew I was in for a year of shit. Fuck rich kids.

1 minute ago, milkface said:

God I hate the neighbours behind my house so much. Most people in the neighbourhood are students like my group of friends in our house, but these cunts (bearing in mind they're all 21/22) are so loud and disrespectful to neighbours around them, always throwing random shit into other peoples gardens (we throw everything back into theirs), blasting music 24/7 and screaming and shouting over the most stupid shit.

Bunch of posh entitled cunts who weren't disciplined as kids. As soon as I heard the Surrey accents when I first met them I knew I was in for a year of shit. Fuck rich kids.

poor kids are equally as annoying, if not more. have you tried talking to them?

12 minutes ago, milkface said:

sounds like a  job for piss balloons. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

poor kids are equally as annoying, if not more. have you tried talking to them?

briefly but they're a bunch of annoying, obnoxious sports-obsessed jocks who somehow have enough brain cells to be studying at university despite being always drunk spending every hour of the day sat in the garden shouting and working out. they climb on their next door neighbour's roof and purposefully throw glass bottles into peoples gardens (everybody's garden is concrete) even when sober. we're moving out in august so i don't really care but it's the fact that i know they're gonna raise some asshole kids who will do the same to others in 20 years time. what's even crazier is, as i've already said, these are grown men. they are 21/22 years old and acting like this. it's insane.

i find the richer the parents, the less they care about their kids and the more they let them get away with where im from

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

sounds like a  job for piss balloons. 

if we retaliate we could lose our university places so it's not even worth it

Edited by milkface

17 minutes ago, milkface said:

briefly but they're a bunch of annoying, obnoxious sports-obsessed jocks who somehow have enough brain cells to be studying at university despite being always drunk spending every hour of the day sat in the garden shouting and working out. they climb on their next door neighbour's roof and purposefully throw glass bottles into peoples gardens (everybody's garden is concrete) even when sober. we're moving out in august so i don't really care but it's the fact that i know they're gonna raise some asshole kids who will do the same to others in 20 years time

you could also ask them to stop being so annoying and see how it goes. they might cooperate.

• Like 1

reading the beater car thread

which reminds me i still haven't got my driver's license at about 32. i tried and failed twice when i was around 25. have zero confidence in that field. hell to the yeah

the plot thickens. was talking to some guys on the street who said that guy had stormed into the mosque on the street with a knife and the police followed him down the street into the house and realised whilst arresting him that it was a brothel

• Confused 1
  • Farnsworth 1

20 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

flol. brilliant

islamophobia and human trafficking were the last things i thought i'd see on this fine, warm and sunny friday afternoon. the world works in mysterious ways i guess

• Like 1