IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 3/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I ate a meal, and now I'm tired and useless.  Am I not supposed to get energy from food?  Isn't that the point?  Why is it then that any time I eat something more substantial than a piece of toast I feel like I need to lie down and do nothing for two hours?  If I go without food until 10pm I'm productive, but put a meal in there somewhere and it all comes crashing down.

Sounds like maybe your blood sugar crashed, and then you hit a food coma. 

7 hours ago, yekker said:

A girl I knew from school a year younger than me posted a pic with her two babies and she was topless. But her babies weren't feeding they were on either side and it was really just her posing with her tits out. 

Those infants will be so proud of their mother once they're old enough to browse family photos

4 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Those infants will be so proud of their mother once they're old enough to browse family photos

Well they say what you post online stays online.

I have to do a lot of moving today and I didn't sleep last night.  I feel absolutely horrible and don't think I can do what I need to do.  I guess it's a good problem to have but it's overwhelming.

I bought a pack of hot cross buns and didn't know that they had two days to expire. Now I have one day left to eat them and haven't started them yet.

• Sad 2
  • Burger 1

17 hours ago, yekker said:

I bought a pack of hot cross buns and didn't know that they had two days to expire. Now I have one day left to eat them and haven't started them yet.

Freeze them?

when thawing, do so at room temp and then reheat in the oven for 5 minutes at 350. 

just read latest new about myanmar and now bummed but i was already feeling bummed for other reasons. can't remember where the thread w/myanmar stuff is so i can post it and bum all you out as well. 

it's sunny outside.. a lot of my neighbors out scurring around in their yards doing yard work of some type and i wish it would just rain today because it'd be better w/the feels. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, toaoaoad said:

Just get really baked. That always helps me eat entire packages of things with ease 

That reminds me of a stupid joke

"Rice is great to eat when you're high because you can eat hundreds of them" ?

edit: no i think it's

rice is great when your high and you want to eat hundreds of something.

oh wait it's not funny anymore! ohno!

Edited by yekker
  • Farnsworth 1

Updated my operating system on my iMac. It was a 6-7 year old computer with plenty of HD space available and was running great up until the update but something bad happened and I couldn’t access my files with target disk mode. I hadn’t backed it up (I know) and now I’m going to have to do data recovery. I’m scared that it’s already too late. 

FML

FML

FML

Back your shit up. 

FML

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Oh god that could easily happen to me... fucking Mac...

Best of luck with the recovery.

You don't strike me as a mac person

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

In my heart of hearts, I am not.  This is why using a macbook is problematic for me.

Oh, I thought you were one of them :dry:

JK!

Got a new housemate at the start of october and things were going pretty good, we'd eat together every now and then and she made an effort to contribute a bit to general householding tasks and maybe pick up some dishwasher tablets or tp. Also she would spend 2/3 days a week at her boyriend's place and I would have the house to myself.

I did ask her to give me an indication when she'd be back every time, like on the day itself or something, just a little heads up. I get low-key anxiety from having no idea when someone might be back plus often I'm working on some diy project in the livingroom or hallway and I try to plan it a bit so that the place is not in total disarray when she returns and of course I don't want to be caught up right in the middle of masturbating furiously. I explained this and this was fine and she'd send me a message saying when she was about to head home.  

In the last couple of months this has changed to her doing absolutely fuck all however, had to ask her to please put her stuff in the dishwasher when she leaves for work or whatever, have to remind her to vacuum her room, I'll take out the trash and be gone all day and there's no new bag in the can even though she's been in all day, never empties the ashtray (we both smoke), etc. I already do all the rest of the cleaning and tidying btw. Granted I produce the most trash and make the biggest mess but I feel it's fair to at least do something. Last week she left to spend a couple of days at her boyfriend's place and said that she'd probably be back on friday but that ended up being sundaynight without any communication, also no omw message or anything. I'm furiously diy'ing in the livingroom and super annoyed that she didn't communicate at all and sort of expects me to be available for conversation even though I'm trying to focus on my fucking soldering.

Am I being a weird unreasonable antisocial dickhead or is it fair to confront her about this? I realize I had a similar post about a different housemate last summer so I should probably look to myself more but gimme your thoughts.               

1 hour ago, user said:

Got a new housemate at the start of october and things were going pretty good, we'd eat together every now and then and she made an effort to contribute a bit to general householding tasks and maybe pick up some dishwasher tablets or tp. Also she would spend 2/3 days a week at her boyriend's place and I would have the house to myself.

I did ask her to give me an indication when she'd be back every time, like on the day itself or something, just a little heads up. I get low-key anxiety from having no idea when someone might be back plus often I'm working on some diy project in the livingroom or hallway and I try to plan it a bit so that the place is not in total disarray when she returns and of course I don't want to be caught up right in the middle of masturbating furiously. I explained this and this was fine and she'd send me a message saying when she was about to head home.  

In the last couple of months this has changed to her doing absolutely fuck all however, had to ask her to please put her stuff in the dishwasher when she leaves for work or whatever, have to remind her to vacuum her room, I'll take out the trash and be gone all day and there's no new bag in the can even though she's been in all day, never empties the ashtray (we both smoke), etc. I already do all the rest of the cleaning and tidying btw. Granted I produce the most trash and make the biggest mess but I feel it's fair to at least do something. Last week she left to spend a couple of days at her boyfriend's place and said that she'd probably be back on friday but that ended up being sundaynight without any communication, also no omw message or anything. I'm furiously diy'ing in the livingroom and super annoyed that she didn't communicate at all and sort of expects me to be available for conversation even though I'm trying to focus on my fucking soldering.

Am I being a weird unreasonable antisocial dickhead or is it fair to confront her about this? I realize I had a similar post about a different housemate last summer so I should probably look to myself more but gimme your thoughts.               

Rather unusual to request your roommates to communicate their time of arrival, myself I've never seen this to be a common practice nor necessary tbh. But each have their own experience, and maybe in your case it's necessary, idk.

Living with roommates is weird and can be quite frustrating, even if all involved are generally sensible human beings. What I learned is that apart from having strict rules, you should always adhere to them, no matter what. Once you slack, or make an exception, it's over quite quickly.

What I mean is that you should make it a priority for yourself to always clean after yourself immediately.  Have a schedule for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom thoroughly once a week and keep up the standard everyday and AFTER EVERY USE. That way you make an example, and keep the standard high.

• Thanks 1
  • Big Brain 1

4 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Rather unusual to request your roommates to communicate their time of arrival, myself I've never seen this to be a common practice nor necessary tbh. But each have their own experience, and maybe in your case it's necessary, idk.

Living with roommates is weird and can be quite frustrating, even if all involved are generally sensible human beings. What I learned is that apart from having strict rules, you should always adhere to them, no matter what. Once you slack, or make an exception, it's over quite quickly.

What I mean is that you should make it a priority for yourself to always clean after yourself immediately.  Have a schedule for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom thoroughly once a week and keep up the standard everyday and AFTER EVERY USE. That way you make an example, and keep the standard high.

Thanks for responding. Yeah, I realize it's unusual. I prefer it for the earlier mentioned reasons, I always tend to communicate when I'll be out for longer times than usual because I figure people like to know when they have the place to themselves. 

Anyway, we had a chat and it's all good now.  

34 minutes ago, ignatius said:

everything is tedious and dreadful and absurd. 

absurd - yes, tedious - yes, dreadful - ?

just go bang a prostitute or something. sounds like you need to be cheered up.

• Big Brain 1

13 minutes ago, zero said:

absurd - yes, tedious - yes, dreadful - ?

just go bang a prostitute or something. sounds like you need to be cheered up.

dreadful for a time. yes. but it'll pass. just a specific feeling caused by a specific circumstance way too wordy to explain w/o boring myself.  i just need a time out. a pause to all things space and time. like all the scenes in movies about junkies where they boot up the H the first time and they sink into the floor or float up in the room or run through fields of flowers as they go on the nod the first time.  

There's a tall, dark haired woman that wears all black that lives in my building and I have no way of striking up a conversation.