IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

yikes, there's a difference between discipline and punishment

sorry your friend is raising a douchebag. personally i'd just tell the kid horrible lies to give him nightmares. "you know how I know?...because... i was that murderer."

9 minutes ago, luke viia said:

sorry your friend is raising a douchebag

Well, you reap what you sow.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Waldorf School Method that seems to be their way of living.

5 hours ago, Squee said:

Well, you reap what you sow.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Waldorf School Method that seems to be their way of living.

could be, though I've known people who went to Waldorf schools that weren't tantrum-prone slap-magnets... fwiw, my cousin seems to be raising his daughter with the 'never say no' style as well, and she's a goddamn menace. instead of discipline, she gets asked 'why did you do that?' (duh, because she wanted to) and after giving a feigned apology, she is told how brave she is for saying sorry. she's 8.:facepalm:

• Like 2

oh yea, SFWP: i finally found a listing for an amazing apartment that'd be perfect for me, emailed the LL, got a quick response, and in my reply i misspelled her name. haven't heard anything in two days. autocorrect out here just casually ruining lives.

10 hours ago, luke viia said:

oh yea, SFWP: i finally found a listing for an amazing apartment that'd be perfect for me, emailed the LL, got a quick response, and in my reply i misspelled her name. haven't heard anything in two days. autocorrect out here just casually ruining lives.

Just write a quick reply that says, “I just noticed that my autocorrect misspelled your name. Sorry about that! Happens all the time to me.”

It’s an easy way get her to respond to both your emails.

If a client doesn’t get back to me I’ll write them a couple of days later with some nonsense like, “oh i forgot to mention…” and then some nonsense that’s not really important. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Squee said:

Just write a quick reply that says, “I just noticed that my autocorrect misspelled your name. Sorry about that! Happens all the time to me.”

It’s an easy way get her to respond to both your emails.

If a client doesn’t get back to me I’ll write them a couple of days later with some nonsense like, “oh i forgot to mention…” and then some nonsense that’s not really important. 

good advice, and that's actually exactly what I did -- and yep, also sent a follow up email 2 days later... silence. bah!

21 hours ago, luke viia said:

But would you really want a landlord who'd reject an applicant because of a typo?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

But would you really want a landlord who'd reject an applicant because of a typo?

no, but I want that apartment!

and they actually replied to me about an hour ago, i fwp'd too soon

edit: quite nice to see you back in here Zephyr - i've been sincerely missing the minutiae stew of your srupid first world problems

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, luke viia said:

good advice, and that's actually exactly what I did -- and yep, also sent a follow up email 2 days later... silence. bah!

Give her call then. It's so fucking annoying when people ignore emails.

1 hour ago, luke viia said:

no, but I want that apartment!

and they actually replied to me about an hour ago, i fwp'd too soon

edit: quite nice to see you back in here Zephyr - i've been sincerely missing the minutiae stew of your srupid first world problems

Haha, cheers - I've missed providing them.  Obtaining a gf has gotten in the way.  Now when I'm not working or making music we're spending quality time together, or I'm catching up with other friends.  I do miss having an abundance of free time to waste at my leisure.  Glad the landlord got back.

• Like 1

As I've posted on here previously, in the past I have bought tickets to 8 concerts, yet only been able to go to 2 of those concerts due to competely random and annoying shit popping up, it's therefore been just under 3 years since I last went to one, so this morning I was pissed off about this and decided to look at who was performing in Nottingham since winter break is almost over and I'm going back to uni and my god it's actually depressing and laughable. I've been put off now. Never going to a concert ever again.

• Sad 1

My neighborhood is loaded with a bunch of muscle car driving, ill-tempered guard dog owning, illegal firework launching, shitty “dj” / backyard PA blasting, drag-racing Neanderthal knuckleheads.
When I say “loaded” I’m talking literally half of the motherfuckers on my damn block… and that’s just my block. 
The police don’t do shit. It’s seriously out of control. I often feel like my neighborhood is definitely more “third world” than “first world” because of the stray dogs and chicken in the streets, gang graffiti and overall lawlessness. When people go for walks in my neighborhood, they carry large sticks (no lie, people are either protecting themselves from stray guard dogs or just showing that nobody should fuck with them. My wife got chased by a big Doberman or something once and I took a hint to start carrying a large stick in the baby stroller when I take the baby for walks).

Having a 2 year old child who has an early bedtime and a midday nap is just hilarious. We have police helicopters overhead constantly, hot rods revving their engines and doing donuts in intersections, barking dogs, people throwing actual dynamite out of their cars and insane block parties every weekend that rage into the morning. We also live right next to a train track. 
Our 90 year old neighbor 2 houses down is constantly kept awake by her neighbors and their full-blown mariachi parties that don’t stop until after 4am. Nobody gives a fuck. She asks them to turn it down at like 3am and they are like “too fucking bad”. 
Our next door neighbor (who also throws loud parties with dunk idiots peeing on the side of their house) has a huge pit-bull guard dog (I’m not exaggerating… It’s big and mean and they don’t let it inside the house. It’s clearly been bred to kill people) that snarls and barks and tries to jump over the wall between our houses to try and kill us. It’s fucking insane. The only way I can go in my backyard is if I load my pockets with dog treats and throw them over the wall when the dog starts trying to jump over it. 

Tonight, the other house directly behind us is having a loud party of about 10 screaming drunk idiots with their PA blasting on full volume. They used to throw empty plastic weed containers, beer bottles and all kinds of other trash over our wall into our yard until I sent them a really sweet Xmas card (flies with honey). 

It seriously feels like that first Mad Max movie but instead of the crazy gangs being on the desert highways they are all my neighbors.

Oh yeah, and about an hour ago I saw a Citizen report that there was a dude walking around with a machete 2 blocks away. Good times. :catsuicide:

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

My hair was getting a bit long so I let my friend cut my hair (he's given me good haircuts in the past) and my days he fucked my shit UP i look hideous gonna take 6 months until I look normal again

• Sad 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:47 AM, milkface said:

My hair was getting a bit long so I let my friend cut my hair (he's given me good haircuts in the past) and my days he fucked my shit UP i look hideous gonna take 6 months until I look normal again

pics or stfu...

anyhow:

Screenshot_2023-01-20-19-17-34-608.thumb.jpg.215e8c455734eb55595b75c6ad949ec7.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-20-19-17-54-224.thumb.jpg.14f37ebca934cbe7d7296d730f9c15d6.jpg

I'm at Starbucks and the coffee next door has a cover band singing that awful song from the cranberries, zombie...

now they're playing oasis... :facepalm:

off topic: I never order the right drink at Starbucks... I don't know what most of the drinks are... mocha machiato frappuccino etc... everytime I order frappuccino it comes practically frozen so it's impossible to slurp it with the straw...

sorry, haven't been around and I'm quite bored atm so that's why I'm posting mostly shit...

nvrmnd I'm not fooling anybody with this, there's no apparent reason to why I only post shit...

when people ask me what music is that that I'm listening to or that I'm into I simply reply, shitty music, it's the best answer... just try it...

Edited by cruising for burgers

49 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

I'm at Starbucks and the coffee next door has a cover band singing that awful song from the cranberries, zombie...

now they're playing oasis...

i would still go next door to get the coffee there because starbuck's coffee is like tar and burned camel shit ground into paste then hot water is filtered thru it in a cup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

58 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

I'm posting mostly shit...

nvrmnd I'm not fooling anybody with this, there's no apparent reason to why I only post shit...

feel this in my bones, you're not alone cruiser ❤️

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 1:47 AM, milkface said:

• Haha 1

30 laughs sounds like a reasonable goal. I don't even care what pic or meme it is, I just want to see that kind of reaction become a reality here. Or 30 burgers, I don't care which.

Current FWP: There are two books I want to order online, but I'd rather not give Amazon my money if it's an option because Jeff Bezos is evil. Too bad they basically have a monopoly on online commerce.

Edited by ambermonk
  • Like 2

Not wanting to be laughed at by WATMM is way worse than being laughed at by WATMM.

imho, although tbh I’d personally prefer both