IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've been saying Jeb is a mess to myself all day.

Jeb is a big fat waste

also, just when I think I can't scorn Reddit any more than I already do, I see a thread on the frontpage about OMG MY FAVE BAND PENDULUM HAVE REUNITED DAE HEART PANDULUM SICK DNB OMG. fuuuuck offffff.

STOP ENJOYING THINGS

also doesn't help when you set up a transfer overnight without locking the screen and your cat tapdances all over the keyboard and hits the Cancel button.

You gotta lean the keyboard against the monitor in an upright position

I position my lap top so that the keyboard is underneath the couch, the screen is pressed against it, and a sheet or T-shirt is covering the keyboard. This is usually enough to keep my cat from tearing the keys off, but not always.

Read couch as crotch and totally misinterpreted your post, lol

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

Why the fuck is it so hard to name things? Tracks, software, pets, short stories, characters... And the names seem always so dumb in retrospect. :catcry:

Why the fuck is it so hard to name things? Tracks, software, pets, short stories, characters... And the names seem always so dumb in retrospect. :catcry:

Number them instead. Works especially great with pets.

Lol, I'm not sure I'd want a dog called number two, would remind me of having to pick up after him every day, not to mention calling for him may some how psychically encourage increased passage evacuation, And then imagine the embarassment down the local park having to shout. NUMBA TWO, HIAR BOI.

Other than that I can see the logic despite the pitfalls, I don't have a problem where I am later put off by what I've named things, so I'm all good. And if you think about it, what you named it stands as a testament to the time, where your head was at in its connection to the creative flow., it's kind of part of the act of writing the song.

Lol, I'm not sure I'd want a dog called number two, would remind me of having to pick up after him every day, not to mention calling for him may some how psychically encourage increased passage evacuation, And then imagine the embarassment down the local park having to shout. NUMBA TWO, HIAR BOI.

Other than that I can see the logic despite the pitfalls, I don't have a problem where I am later put off by what I've named things, so I'm all good. And if you think about it, what you named it stands as a testament to the time, where your head was at in its connection to the creative flow., it's kind of part of the act of writing the song.

I think yelling 'NUMBA TWO, HIAR BOI' outside your front door would be hilarious.

This is fun:

http://www.behindthename.com/random/random.php?number=2&gender=u&surname=&all=yes

I got 'Ekenedilichukwu Rain'

Let your subconscious take care of it maybe. My pre and post sleep thoughts have always helped me a great deal at naming tunes for a release. As for wip names, just use a number and perhaps a theme/series name. For example I'm naming everything "Steakhouse #number" these days.

Edited by Perezvon

Let your subconscious take care of it maybe. My pre and post sleep thoughts have always helped me a great deal at naming tunes for a release. As for wip names, just use a number and perhaps a theme/series name. For example I'm naming everything "Steakhouse #number" these days.

Uviol, Tapr, Squeller aren't bad names

Number them instead. Works especially great with relationships.

I think yelling 'NUMBA TWO, HIAR BOI' outside your front door would be hilarious.

This is fun:

http://www.behindthename.com/random/random.php?number=2&gender=u&surname=&all=yes

I got 'Ekenedilichukwu Rain'

First name it came up with was Nikephoros Sascha, with both our names it's like the surname is first. Mine is sort of yiddish greek, i'm ok with that. Yours is sort of from the american indian tribes, but like a movie star. Featuring Rain Ekenedilichukwu, as a lost youth finding his heart in middle america.

lolita

Calls the fbi. heh.

so there's this grrl back from uni, I had a huge obsessive crush on here like 8 years ago, she had a boyfriend and we never had anything tho. She liked me but more like friend zone, and for me it was always this super intense, conflicted desire. You know how that can feel terrible yet great...?

Now... I'm in a relationship, with a different lady whom I also know back from the same design-college, we all studied together. Current relationship has been going for 1.5 years. I love her, we trust each other and things are usually fine.

So my girlfriend told me that said earlier girl moved to the city recently, plus she's not with her ex anymore (which was a long relationship that lasted 13 years or something) - and I can't fucking sleep & stuff. Actually texted her to meet for a beer just because shit is bothering me a lot and I'm literally shaking and feeling weird, thinking if making a move or not. Of course not! But yes! But not! It's like my brain is playing tricks on me and I can't control emotions & I just keep refreshing the Twitter feed to just numb the brain.... I mean I know what the right thing would be, just be friends and stuff, but.........

WAT DO

^ and it's not like making a move would have a high probability of hot seks, every earlier attempts with this person led to rejection which I'm sure some fucked-up part of me is actually looking for... not her fault tho, I mean she was just loyal to her ex & maybe just doesn't share these feeling of attraction.

every time this woman has appeared in my life it has been super intense emotions and I need them to stop, it's just too much,

so there's this grrl back from uni, I had a huge obsessive crush on here like 8 years ago, she had a boyfriend and we never had anything tho. She liked me but more like friend zone, and for me it was always this super intense, conflicted desire. You know how that can feel terrible yet great...?

Now... I'm in a relationship, with a different lady whom I also know back from the same design-college, we all studied together. Current relationship has been going for 1.5 years. I love her, we trust each other and things are usually fine.

So my girlfriend told me that said earlier girl moved to the city recently, plus she's not with her ex anymore (which was a long relationship that lasted 13 years or something) - and I can't fucking sleep & stuff. Actually texted her to meet for a beer just because shit is bothering me a lot and I'm literally shaking and feeling weird, thinking if making a move or not. Of course not! But yes! But not! It's like my brain is playing tricks on me and I can't control emotions & I just keep refreshing the Twitter feed to just numb the brain.... I mean I know what the right thing would be, just be friends and stuff, but.........

WAT DO

I've been there.

There's not really a straight answer for this though. You're going to do what you're going to do, your heart will take you there.

You might even do the "wrong" thing (you'll decide if it's wrong in a few years looking back), but hell, it's part of living life.

There's a reason you're responding so strongly to her. Maybe all it will take is a move and some rejection to give closure? Maybe she'll give you a shot and you'll live happily ever after? Who knows!

Edited by StephenG

thanks - yea the last part - it always felt like I had to get to the bottom of these intense feelings like there must be a reason right?... it was the most intense during the college days, and I basically told her all about it, which felt like the right thing to do.

In retrospect, I made her part of something which she probably didn't want, or maybe it was some kind of subconscious game where we both played out our roles, dunno....

Anyway there must be a reason for these emotions or maybe not, but there must be a way to stop them.

I don't want to mess things up with my girlfriend, that would be just mean and I couldn't make peace with myself over this.

Edited by Guest