IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Woke up sick on Saturday and I've been blowing my nose about every 90 seconds since then.

FWS: Netflix has a bunch of shitty old kung fu movies that are pretty entertaining.

There's an ice cream truck somewhere nearby, and it's making the rooster VERY ANGRY!

Also it's teasing me.  I'd definitely buy an ice cream from an ice cream truck if it were visible to me, but I'm nowhere near motivated enough to go for a wander around the neighborhood in the hopes we may cross paths.  Now I want to know the name of the famous old timey song it's playing on loop, but it has no lyrics so how am I supposed to look it up?

probably the entertainer by scott joplin, i play his stuff on piano

I was feeling very cavalier when I picked up Nanoloop at the post office and I carelessly tossed the envelope in the garbage. It just occurred to me that I also ordered the USB sync chip, so that is also in the garbage now. Welp. I hope some lucky trashpicker was looking for one.

There's an ice cream truck somewhere nearby, and it's making the rooster VERY ANGRY!

Also it's teasing me.  I'd definitely buy an ice cream from an ice cream truck if it were visible to me, but I'm nowhere near motivated enough to go for a wander around the neighborhood in the hopes we may cross paths.  Now I want to know the name of the famous old timey song it's playing on loop, but it has no lyrics so how am I supposed to look it up?

Could also be this song with an absolutely horrible title and lyrics that used to play in my neighborhood when I was a kid... https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/05/11/310708342/recall-that-ice-cream-truck-song-we-have-unpleasant-news-for-you

omg it was too!  Nice one Yek.

omg it was too!  Nice one Yek.

Plot twist: yek was the truck driver.

one of my friends has a pathological aversion to taking a passive role in conversation. He talks and talks about himself and things and people relating to him, and if you talk to him about whatever else he will try to take back control of the conversation as soon as physically possible, bringing it back to *his* experience and what *he* thinks. Worst case scenario he will straigt up make shit up, like talk about the movie you just mentioned like he's seen it when he has obviously not. He's talking as I type this... fuck me. I cant recall him ever asking someone for his opinion, or just a simple convo-carrying question like "so what did you do?". He just waits for you to breathe for 0.3 seconds to keep his monologue going

sounds like he has an inferiority complex, brings himself up to get discussion on himself to help validate his own importance (in his own mind)

not enough hugs as a child, or siblings treated way better than he was growing up lol

"SEE, MY EXPERIENCE AND WHAT I THINK IS IMPORTANT TOO"

(I'm totes not being like your friend and bringing up my experience lol)

I've got a friend that used to be like yours in a way - we'd be having a conversation and he would just talk REALLY loud over all of us, seemingly without any idea he was doing it. Used it to segue himself into our convos.

I do this a lot, not to the extent of lying to make myself fit in, but I have a hard time not talking from a first person perspective. It's really aggravating, because although I know that it comes off as incredibly selfish, it's the only mode of conversation I know how to naturally carry forth because it's how I relate to the world. I guess I'll just have to slowly train myself out of it. I hate myself. I hate the way I go about living. Argh. Makes me just want to give up socially but I know that would destroy my brain and I'd probably eventually get let go from my jobs for being an antisocial weirdo.

It's very common indeed, but that's a pretty funny situation one guy babbling on about made up stuff while the other not listening and just chilling and typing on watmm lol

The smoke from BC fires has been settling over the area where I live and work; it's both a constant reminder of how awful and widespread the situation really is, and it's making me and my coworkers feel physically ill. I work in a warehouse, where bay doors stay necessarily open the entire 10 hour shift, I have no AC in my car, and none in my home, so I'm exposed to the smoke 24/7. It's a weird effect - similar to the feeling you get when you first notice sickness coming on. As far as I know, the air isn't going to clear up any time soon. To make this even more frightening, I'm also responsible for watching over a small public park with a forested area, it's extremely dry right now, and I'm concerned that someone is going to light a fire, BBQ, or drop a cigarette in the woods (none of which are allowed by park rules)... which would be catastrophic to the area and its wildlife, not to mention spelling the end of my position here and destroying my home. And someone recently tore down our "No fireworks and no fires" sign at the entrance.

*rain dance*

Edited by luke viia

For some reason I thought you lived somewhere in Europe.  It's interesting how many BC watmmers there are.  The secondhand forest fire smoke is indeed crazy right now.  Several people have mentioned to me that they're finding it hard to breathe, one guy took the day off work because of it.  I haven't noticed any of those effects for myself, but I prob have throat cancer now or something.  I'm enjoying the eerie haze and pink sun.

one of my friends has a pathological aversion to taking a passive role in conversation. He talks and talks about himself and things and people relating to him, and if you talk to him about whatever else he will try to take back control of the conversation as soon as physically possible, bringing it back to *his* experience and what *he* thinks. Worst case scenario he will straigt up make shit up, like talk about the movie you just mentioned like he's seen it when he has obviously not. He's talking as I type this... fuck me. I cant recall him ever asking someone for his opinion, or just a simple convo-carrying question like "so what did you do?". He just waits for you to breathe for 0.3 seconds to keep his monologue going

sounds like he has an inferiority complex, brings himself up to get discussion on himself to help validate his own importance (in his own mind)

not enough hugs as a child, or siblings treated way better than he was growing up lol

"SEE, MY EXPERIENCE AND WHAT I THINK IS IMPORTANT TOO"

(I'm totes not being like your friend and bringing up my experience lol)

I've got a friend that used to be like yours in a way - we'd be having a conversation and he would just talk REALLY loud over all of us, seemingly without any idea he was doing it. Used it to segue himself into our convos.

I do this a lot, not to the extent of lying to make myself fit in, but I have a hard time not talking from a first person perspective. It's really aggravating, because although I know that it comes off as incredibly selfish, it's the only mode of conversation I know how to naturally carry forth because it's how I relate to the world. I guess I'll just have to slowly train myself out of it. I hate myself. I hate the way I go about living. Argh. Makes me just want to give up socially but I know that would destroy my brain and I'd probably eventually get let go from my jobs for being an antisocial weirdo.

Nah, it's normal to relate things to yourself in conversation.  Just be sure to ask other people questions and then give them a chance to respond without interrupting.  

^ For sure!

The smoke from BC fires has been settling over the area where I live and work; it's both a constant reminder of how awful and widespread the situation really is, and it's making me and my coworkers feel physically ill. I work in a warehouse, where bay doors stay necessarily open the entire 10 hour shift, I have no AC in my car, and none in my home, so I'm exposed to the smoke 24/7. It's a weird effect - similar to the feeling you get when you first notice sickness coming on. As far as I know, the air isn't going to clear up any time soon. To make this even more frightening, I'm also responsible for watching over a small public park with a forested area, it's extremely dry right now, and I'm concerned that someone is going to light a fire, BBQ, or drop a cigarette in the woods (none of which are allowed by park rules)... which would be catastrophic to the area and its wildlife, not to mention spelling the end of my position here and destroying my home. And someone recently tore down our "No fireworks and no fires" sign at the entrance.

*rain dance*

Fuck, I'm going to be in Vancouver next week, was looking forward to returning to my beautiful coastal city.

Yeah, I don't recall there ever being this much smoke everywhere.  And I finally started feeling effects of it in my throat but 5 minutes ago.  This weird constricting sensation... like my throat's tightening up and it takes more effort to swallow.  Crazy.