IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Soo.. I have my own bit of situation going on in here regarding small animals. Today I checked into this guesthouse room and when I was unpacking my stuff I opened the wardrobe and there was this huge ass spider, size of my palm, inside. So I slammed the door shut and asked the lady at the reception to check but the spider was gone by then. Anyway, she said the spider is not dangerous and was amused that I was scared of it.

Now the problem is that I would like to get some sleep but the fucker might be still here somewhere. I know it's not venomous but I don't want it creeping on my face during the night. Fuck.

There was this tiny bright yellow spider that landed on my van's radio antenna while I was driving yesterday.  Never seen another one like it.  Looked radioactive.  Later on, so many spiders covering the windows of the waterfront restaurant I was eating at.  Then I dreamt of even more spiders, more like the one in the vid above.  No fear attached to any of it tho.  I'm totally okay with spiders.  

*lame page break.  3/10.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Not as much a stupid FWP as a hard-to-deal with FWP:

As I get older and meet new and interesting people, I began to realize there are fun and interesting professions that I had no knowledge of when I was a kid. Or I maybe even thought some of those professions were not as interesting to me then as they are now. I like to think of myself as an active, outdoor person, I always was, and yet I chose this stupid graphic design that locks me in front of a computer, sometimes as much as 12 hours a day, not to mention the senseless grind through marketing world that never interested me in the slightest, the kind of contribution to society which I now hate with passion.

So yesterday, I met a paleoanthropologist who travels around Europe, crawling about in caves, researching ancient cave paintings and murals, deciphering their meanings, publishing papers, etc. The light of enthusiasm and innocent, yet far reaching curiosity emanated from her in such a way that I fell in love with her and her work on the spot. It's a complicated feeling of being on the wrong track in life, thinking if it is sensible for me to drop my 15 years of practice and just switch to something else - a journey that began in my head several years ago and I still haven't found what exactly is worth pursuing as everything is so interesting and fascinating.

^ very interesting, thoughts I understand well

other than that, I insulted Uwe Schmidt this morning via email for no good reason. It felt good and most definitely he won't even read it.

Edited by Test Fforet

^ very interesting, thoughts I understand well

other than that, I insulted Uwe Schmidt this morning via email for no good reason. It felt good and most definitely he won't even read it.

You say for no reason but what's the backstory here?

I have no problem with smaller spiders. There are bunch of coin sized ones in the bathroom. Better to have them than the malaria carrying mosquitoes. But when the spiders start to be the size of a small rodent I get the heebie-jeebies.

I told about the spider to an Indonesian girl and she just commented "oh, Europeans and Americans are so scared of spiders, haha". Ah fuck.

Managed to sleep anyway.

angle-grinding (8:02am) neighbour doing summat on a boundary wall, cunt, tree surgeons lopping approx a dozen big beeches down a tad over too many days & a jack russell that turns into a cat when it's unseasonably hot

condom balloon d'leau pisse?

1413912259794_wps_6_TELEVISION_PROGRAMME

I lived in Preston once, on Plunginton Road (Plungeeeee Road to the locals), neighbour used to wake up at 4am to do diy. Heard him on the phone once to his girlfriend, threatening her and her dog, telling her he would kill her dog. What a cnut. Never met him but would have found to hard to bite my tongue if I had. 

It's a complicated feeling of being on the wrong track in life, thinking if it is sensible for me to drop my 15 years of practice and just switch to something else - a journey that began in my head several years ago and I still haven't found what exactly is worth pursuing as everything is so interesting and fascinating.

Think a lot of people go through this, as I did myself. After 15 years in one profession, dedicating life to it, my thoughts on it radically changed. It was difficult accepting this. How could one steer a completely different direction after such dedication over time? It becomes even more surreal when it’s actually happening. You should take time to ask what’s best for yourself, and then take action, considering. Come to an acceptance of where you are and find ways to make yourself happy, or understand that life’s an adventure and none of it is all too important, so go for something different. It’ll be scary and exciting, and requires patience. I’m now in a different place both mentally and geographically and it’s rewarding in different ways. I have more time to make music and enjoy the outdoors. You’ll be fine if you decide to make a leap.

Motherfucker at work dropping turds out his arse like fucking grenades. Today is the first time I've seen a toilet cubicle taped off like a murder scene. Whole new toilet having to get fitted end of week. Had trouble with this guy for years, think I've mentioned him before,usually the stench and the pebbledash splatter effect left on the porcelain. Now he squeezes out grenades which hit the bowl with such force the scudmarks cannot merely be pissed off by the next visitor. They're not even scudmarks they're debris chunks stuck.

On Friday while getting changed to leave I heard the cunt squeeze one out, a ker-plonk depth charge turd with splashback in a freshly bleached toilet. I heard screams of "agghhh, it burns! It burns!" as I left smiling. Roll on to this morning, open the door to the stench of his debris chunks on the bowl that have hardened over the weekend. Cleaners can't shift it with brillo pads, eventually some male cleaner tries to hammer and Chisel it off and cracks the porcelain. Whole bowl needs replaced now which will be very expensive. The guy is still oblivious to the damage he's done but he is getting a warning from management after this and he doesn't know it yet

I baleeted facebook.

before I quit I left it nice and empty, scrubbing it of literally every single like, post, image and message over the last 9 years, leaving a completely blank timeline (edit: after downloading a copy for myself, obvs). I'm not actually convinced this was a worthwhile endeavour as they could always keep multiple copies on their servers or w/e, but once I got started it became a mission partly because the given timeline management tools intentionally do not allow you to mass delete stuff. so I found a third party tool created to do just that and spent 3+ hours doing it. cos fucc tha Zucc.

Edited by usagi

oh, I see. what's your reason for still being on there? I deliberately avoided making family connections on fb so that wasn't a reason for me.

you could've had an existential crisis to complement your goth phase and decided to blast your fb empty, iunno.

Do most people have a goth phase??!

(sorry, probably something subjective I'm missing lol, just makig sure I can add "goth phase" to my excel spreadsheet of phases I missed". 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

(sorry, probably something subjective I'm missing lol, just makig sure I can add "goth phase" to my excel spreadsheet of phases I missed". 

Maybe. I reckon it's the homo sapiens equivalent for caterpillars metamorphosing in cocoons before they come out as butterflies.

Latest FWP is I saw two vehicles today that said "princess" on them - one via a vanity plate, and the other a bumper sticker. I guarantee they ain't from a royal family. They probably have unplanned coitus without protection and then have the man who impregnated them pay all the child support money for the next 18 years once they split.

Does it mean anything that I've never painted my nails anything, whether black polish or bright colours? =(

It means you're in the middle of you goth phase right this very moment, and you hide your black nail polish within your heart (of darkness).

content aggregator

this is exactly why I lingered on, especially for music stuff. I get this service elsewhere now, and in a much more faceless manner. you shouldn't have to identify yourself personally and compromise your online identity to be able to do this. I suppose I could've stayed on after emptying my profile, just to stay subscribed to some pages, but once you have a history on facebook I assume it's always available for 3rd parties, unless you explicitly ask for your account to be deleted (and even then who knows what records they still keep, the greasy fuckers).

the platform itself is compromised. reading about 2016 information operations being conducted on facebook (a report their own security team published) was the beginning of the end for me, and then the Cambridge Analytica revelations were the final nail in the coffin. on an individual level it probably doesn't matter, I mean people are not so interested in you individually, but you're a unit of something that can be harnessed and used as a weapon. (cf. Myanmar)

there are maybe four paths to idm.

"goth" -> industrial -> idm (i got into aphex through nin and nothing records)

autism (it sounds like my video games and i see norse gods fighting in the sky when i listen to drukqs)

mortal kombat soundtrack -> the prodigy "funky shit on the event horizon soundtrack"/pi soundtrack/matrix soundtrack -> idm (lesser autism)

and then there's being british, which means you're probably around fifty years old and went to raves in the eighties, but most of these people are dead.

Edited by zaphod

and then there's being british, which means you're probably around fifty years old and went to raves in the eighties, but most of these people are dead.

lol

*fuck that's too page breaks in a row...

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

^ to page breaks two many

What are you using now as a content aggregator?

Re: Data... the page on Google where it shows you your location history is terrifying. I remember looking back and seeing walks we did in 2014 through Tokyo etc. Also, it also became quite apparent that i frequently went a longer way home to stop by a bottle shop, and outside of my travel to and from work, i lived a sedentary lifestyle. Terrifying indeed.

it's an secrete.

yeah, location history is terrifying. I sent a friend the link to his own one which he didn't realise existed and he immediately flipped out. Google is an ongoing concern, but I have more faith in them than others, at this point. while they could conceivably be pressured by governments into divulging personal records in specific situations (e.g. terrorism incident), I think they're less in bed with dodgy commercial interests or other unsavoury 3rd parties than, say, tha Zucc.

edit: you can disable location tracking/history, I'm pretty sure. I've kept it on cos I actually use it to look up things every now and then.

Edited by usagi