IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I have an uneven number of knives, forks and spoons in my utensil set. I can only utilise sets of all three a few times before this becomes apparent and I have to wash the ones I've already used. It feels like some never get used because of this! It came to a head today and I had a fit to my partner about it. I paused for a moment and said "I need to post this in the WATMM FWP thread."

I have an uneven number of knives, forks and spoons in my utensil set. I can only utilise sets of all three a few times before this becomes apparent and I have to wash the ones I've already used. It feels like some never get used because of this! It came to a head today and I had a fit to my partner about it. I paused for a moment and said "I need to post this in the WATMM FWP thread."

my fucktard roommate, who has fortunately moved out since, lost like half of my cutlery. like probably carelessly chucked them into the garbage, i wouldn't be surprised

anyways, you should go out and buy a nice set... 

Broke my tooth this morning. Just a part chipped off and was still stuck on the gums. I couldn't eat properly anymore so had to go to see a dentist.. here in Botswana. Got a phone number from the guest house reception (later turned out it was the dental nurse's private number). Also was a bit concerned first but everything went fine, the care was good and maybe even better than in Finland usually.. Anyway, now I have temporary filling that needs to be changed to a crown at some point. Idk when because I'm back to Finland maybe in Christmas for a short period only. The whole thing with the anesthetic cost only about 25 euros. The nurse and receptionist were curious how long I'll be staying in Botswana and if I'm married.. :P

But another exciting event in the past month.. so far I've:

- Driven a moving truck for the first time in my life and crashed it into another car

- Driven a rental car in Namibia in the desert because there was fuck all public transport

- Been into a small propeller aircraft in the copilots seat over the Namib deset

- Been to a Batswana dentist

Now my buddy is asking if I want to go on a road trip in Iran in November.. Let's see how that pans out. Meanwhile I'll be here in Botswana and maybe then Zambia and Malawi. Zimbabwe seems a tad unstable at the moment..

you wouldn't, until you hit the edges. it's more like you've added capacity rather than sped anything up. unless you splurged on the more premium spec RAM with high-performance timings.

Running through a bajillion takes of blues guitarist shredding, trying to find something coherent that will compliment the song.  Needle in a haystack.  Fuck.

Are you gonna Frankenstein the best microbits of all the takes together into one virtual super performance?

First song was mostly a lost cause, save a few noodles between verse lyrics, call and echo style.  Second song just needed a guitar solo, which was easy enough to cobble together from a couple takes + a few post-solo scribbles scattered into the last chorus, which took some finagling.  Got the same guy in tomorrow to tackle one last song, and I guess redo that first one.

Constantly running out of space on my HD.

Don't buy a macbook.  It will fuck you.

Running out of space on my main desktop HDD (1TB) as well. I have a server with quadruple the storage and i all i need do is set up like a freeNAS vm to do some bulk backup storage, but I keep putting it off. I have this feeling that my main is on it's last leg and there's really no excuse to lose data in this age.

what's the deal with modern computers, for the most part, only having 1 tb hard drives? i mean come on how much trouble would it be to throw us a bone and give like 4 tb? fucking outrageous

i have only 750gb SSD and its killing me. i need a new hard drive, but i also need a deposit for a house, so im suppressing the urge to buy things that i feel like i need for 1 year. 

what's the deal with modern computers, for the most part, only having 1 tb hard drives? i mean come on how much trouble would it be to throw us a bone and give like 4 tb? fucking outrageous

Agreed for sure, although in my case, my rig in question was piecemeal built -and there's plenty of room for more drives- so I've got nobody to blame but myself.

But yeah, 1TB is not enough. I ran WinDirStat and the majority of that TB is .wav  :biggrin:

This Macbook only has 500 gigs.  I didn't realize when I bought it that it was impossible to add more without destroying the fucking thing.  Any other computer I've ever owned I've been able to modify without issue.  That + the price + the fact that there's no simple way to view the bit rate of audio files leads me to the conclusion that PCs are indeed superior.  Having a decisive opinion on that matter is the only positive thing to come from buying a Macbook.

Yeah, I feel like there are limitations to each of the big 3: Windows, Mac, and Linux. My wife has all Apple gear, and I have a mix of Windows 7, 10, and flavors of Linux  & BSD for certain uses, depending on what i need.

Windows 10 was an absolute nightmare until i swapped my HDD for an SSD in my laptop, fwiw.

I remember wanting a mac so i could get Logic pro back in the day, pretty funny to me now since I really don't need anything that Reaper doesn't have. I sometimes admire that it's BSD under the hood, and comes with a real shell/CLI with ssh, etc. But then, Cygwin virtually solves that for windows. 

pneumatic hammers and heavy machines at 7-fucking-am

someone decided to smash the road where I live for the third time this year

I have no idea what are they doing

Why do you hammer the road, make installments, re-build the road, then one month later, hammer the road again for another installment, re-built it, and now, for the third time, do the same

And right below my house so I can't hear myself thinking for 8 hours a day

Marvelous

Constantly running out of space on my HD.

Don't buy a macbook. It will fuck you.

I'm considering buying a BlackMagic MultiDock for SSDs

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/dk/products/blackmagicmultidock

I have one of their old products, allowed you to hot swap HDDs, works like a charm, and I’ve had it for a good 5 years.

Thanks for the info, sounds like something I may invest in down the road.

pneumatic hammers and heavy machines at 7-fucking-am

The worst!  There should be noise bylaws for that.  No construction/destruction before 10am.  

Threw out my back yesterday doing a deadlift, wasn't necessary at all just didn't pay enough attention. Had to get someone to cover for me today as my job involves quite a lot of heavy lifting, which sucks because it means I don't get paid and I hate calling in sick.

On the other hand I'm now in bed with some oxazepam, tramadol and a white russian so it's a bit of a double edged sword.