IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Do most people have a goth phase??!

(sorry, probably something subjective I'm missing lol, just makig sure I can add "goth phase" to my excel spreadsheet of phases I missed". 

there are maybe four paths to idm.

"goth" -> industrial -> idm (i got into aphex through nin and nothing records)

autism (it sounds like my video games and i see norse gods fighting in the sky when i listen to drukqs)

mortal kombat soundtrack -> the prodigy "funky shit on the event horizon soundtrack"/pi soundtrack/matrix soundtrack -> idm (lesser autism)

and then there's being british, which means you're probably around fifty years old and went to raves in the eighties, but most of these people are dead.

I think I got into IDM via ambient music. Like Autechre and Boards of Canada being mentioned in the ambient forums (or news goups..) and Aphex played in Chill Out Zone.

I think there is also the path for people who think they appear intelligent if  they listen to something that is being called intelligent. Same with the "progressive" genres.

Rented a small studio space for super cheap but now I have no idea what to do with all the extra space in the living room. Moved the couch to an optimal listening position but now there's this weird bit of room leftover behind it. fml  

Definitely had a heavy goth phase but moved on to multicoloured nail polish pretty quickly. By then aphex was already deeply embedded within me and my life. So deeply. Embedded. Within. 

Edited by user

(sorry, probably something subjective I'm missing lol, just makig sure I can add "goth phase" to my excel spreadsheet of phases I missed". 

autism (it sounds like my video games and i see norse gods fighting in the sky when i listen to drukqs)

mortal kombat soundtrack -> the prodigy "funky shit on the event horizon soundtrack"/pi soundtrack/matrix soundtrack -> idm (lesser autism)

and then there's being british, which means you're probably around fifty years old and went to raves in the eighties, but most of these people are dead.

I think I'm paths #2 and #3. 

I've learned so much the last few pages. 

I think I'm paths #2 and #3.

I've learned so much the last few pages.

2 and 4 / Virtually dead.

NIN/industrial was kind of my way in, in that I started making electronic music inspired by those things... but more melodic and less repetitive.  When my friend heard the music I was working on he said it pretty much sounded like IDM, then burned me a comp CD with Autechre, Plaid and Squarepusher.  Another friend lent me Geogaddi around this time, and I bought Confield.  I had heard the Aphex NIN remixes long before that though, not sure why it didn't open the floodgates much sooner.

FWP - didn't discover IDM until it was on its way out.

got my s9 from tmobile and they sent the wrong size sim card. my iphone se is dead and i have to now go into one of their fucking stores and hope they don't try to charge me for their mistake, which they seem to like doing.

got my s9 from tmobile and they sent the wrong size sim card. my iphone se is dead and i have to now go into one of their fucking stores and hope they don't try to charge me for their mistake, which they seem to like doing.

Yeah fuck stores

Drone me my dinner please

I spent 3 hours doubting a mix I did for a commercial that'll be shown in cinemas later this month. The leq(m) measurements were fine, but it seemed awfully loud to me. Turns out Waves' WLM Meter was set to Multi Mono instead of 5.1. I ended up trying out NUGEN's VisLM2 instead. It's good.

SpiritedFlatDwarfmongoose-max-1mb.gif

Bought a second hand po-33 KO from a Dutch ebay-like site which according to a track & trace service had been delivered last Tuesday. I think the postman is still playing with it. 

just applied for a canadian holiday visa with an old pot supply charge, sold my mate a spliff when i was 18. not really sure how thats gonna go. 

Highly unlikely you'd be denied for that.

just applied for a canadian holiday visa with an old pot supply charge, sold my mate a spliff when i was 18. not really sure how thats gonna go. 

Highly unlikely you'd be denied for that.

looks like ive been denied, also flattened by beauracracy. 

had to submit additional documents, but the website flatout refuses to pick up my ETA application and link it to a GCkey so they can tell me what documents. if its documents from my arrest i dont have them anyway. 3 business days for a help request and im flying monday morning. its my own fault for forgetting that im a hardened criminal, id probably have had time to sort all this out if id done it last month. 

Kale in kimchi. It's this "organic" variety I purchased @ Costco. But none of the Korean restaurants I know in town would ever put fucking kale in their kimchi.

I only want the real deal from now on. No more of this pretentious "organic" bullshit.

Edited by ambermonk

Kale in kimchi. It's this "organic" variety I purchased @ Costco. But none of the Korean restaurants I know in town would ever put fucking kale in their kimchi.

I only want the real deal from now on. No more of this pretentious "organic" bullshit.

Yeah you should burn that costco down. Abomination.

There is also "from bossanova and mongolian throat singing to sitting in a bar outside alone, listening to human chatter and urban noise as one muddled track"

Sorry for the rant. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of food products Costco gets right. All I'm saying is kale does not belong in kimchi. That's all.

Don't be sorry mi amigo. It's a legit fwp.

My current fwp: At work, but really want to rub one out.

I should have a "stupid first worlder problems in third world" thread..

I'm in a quite shady inn in Gaborone, Botswana. The room is pretty dimly lit to begin with, the light bulbs are just very low power. The view from window is a concrete wall about 1m away so very little sunlight can get in. The electricity and the internet connection goes on and off. So I'm almost in the dark some of the time. There's some industrial machine that makes shit ton of hissing noise outside and something that sounds like a giant clock ticking. I'm also taking mefloquine as malaria prevention which causes me to have weird dreams occasionally, particularly just after the weekly dose. This all combines to a very David Lynch like atmosphere. Like I'm in Eraserhead or some shit.

Well, at least I haven't seen any giant spiders here yet.

Edit: but cheap and decent location mind you (except that there are drunkards and hanging out just outside all day)

Edited by mokz