IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Why is it so fucking hard to find a decent hurdy gurdy drone sample?!?!

:catrage:

Am I completely wrong if I say that I think there are some good ones in Omnisphere. I don't remember if they're actually drone samples, but you can definitely mutate them enough and turn them into some droney pads.

I was just looking for a basic audio sample rather than a vst instrument.  Gauging from what I've read of Omnisphere, I'm sure it would be great for creating hurdy gurdy drones.  I eventually stumbled upon a folk song that starts with a sufficiently long hurdy gurdy drone which worked out great.  Production complete.

From one extreme to the other... I've just lost one of my best clients. Fuck. It has nothing to do with me. They're just hiring someone full time instead of using freelancers.

Lame.

FWP: left a stove element on overnight on the lowest heat AND set a ceramic(??) plate down on it which was sitting there the entire time.

FWS: I did not die in a fire, that plate is miraculously unscathed, and the fingers on my left hand are so callused they gave no fucks when I touched it (how I discovered the element was in fact on).

I am left with questions though.  Are ceramic plates supposed to be invincible?  And how is there no appalling odour of any sort?

Lame.

FWP: left a stove element on overnight on the lowest heat AND set a ceramic(??) plate down on it which was sitting there the entire time.

FWS: I did not die in a fire, that plate is miraculously unscathed, and the fingers on my left hand are so callused they gave no fucks when I touched it (how I discovered the element was in fact on).

I am left with questions though.  Are ceramic plates supposed to be invincible?  And how is there no appalling odour of any sort?

go buy a lottery ticket

Lame.

Thermal properties of ceramics saved yo ass

fwp: after a one-year pause, smoked so much weed over the last two weeks, I'm now immune to its effects.

Lame.

Ceramic Enhanced Combat Helmet

ImageForArticle_10080(2).jpg

https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=10080

My wife's sister has been living with us since the end of June, she moved here to the Twin Cities for school. The school she's going to doesn't have dorms and she doesn't know anyone to room with yet and her parents can't afford to put her in a place of her own. I'm agreeing to this arrangement out of love for my wife, and as a huge favor to her parents who are pretty great people...

but I swear, if current trends keep up I'm going to murder my SIL by the end of the year, she's 19,very much with the teenage mindset still, and also has a bad case of youngest child syndrome...  :facepalm:  :catsob:  :catnope:

Edited by ghOsty

My wife's sister has been living with us since the end of June, she moved here to the Twin Cities for school. The school she's going to doesn't have dorms and she doesn't know anyone to room with yet and her parents can't afford to put her in a place of her own. I'm agreeing to this arrangement out of love for my wife, and as a huge favor to her parents who are pretty great people...

but I swear, if current trends keep up I'm going to murder my SIL by the end of the year, she's 19,very much with the teenage mindset still, and also has a bad case of youngest child syndrome...  :facepalm:  :catsob:  :catnope:

dude, while she's sleeping... with a pillow.

just change your wifi password and don't tell her. she'll leave

but I swear, if current trends keep up I'm going to murder my SIL by the end of the year, she's 19,very much with the teenage mindset still, and also has a bad case of youngest child syndrome... :facepalm::catsob::catnope:

Hahaha!

lol, i fucking should

Neighbors got motherfucking chickens plus rooster. 5am wake-up calls from now on. It used to be so peaceful!

Fresh eggs tho m9

You'll probably get used to the morning alarms though. Probably. :)

Neighbors got motherfucking chickens plus rooster.  5am wake-up calls from now on.  It used to be so peaceful!

kinda related, I can not for the life of me force myself to wake up early via alarms or anything. We were renovating the bathroom which is 2 meters from my room earlier this summer and the ear-damaging-loud banging on the walls at 9am didn't wake me up. I'm gonna have to switch my sleeping schedule from 3am-10am to 12pm-6am soon and god knows I'm just gonna be late to work or miss it completely (not really (but maybe really))

Edited by span