IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

25 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Go for safety razors instead 

it worked for me

I just posted that in the FWS thread yesterday actually. Amazingly close shave. 

or were you makin' fun o steveo? lol

Safety razor = $60 for a decent one (handle and some blades). $15 for 100 blades. Each blade lasts 5-6 shaves.

Hmmm that is about 1000X more economical. 

Thanks all for the input.

The other thing I discovered in my research is that this exists:

https://www.menessentials.ca/products/razorpit-razor-blade-sharpener-black?variant=18877659265&currency=CAD&utm_campaign=gs-2018-09-25&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAjw0tHoBRBhEiwAvP1GFQPvSDlXm4UgFqd10oKdCJRKitE8bylEE2e6kL0EweVhsm6QKaX_2xoCtvMQAvD_BwE

Which would double or triple the mileage you get from disposables or double edged razors alike.  Impressive.

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Hmmm that is about 1000X more economical. 

Thanks all for the input.

The other thing I discovered in my research is that this exists:

https://www.menessentials.ca/products/razorpit-razor-blade-sharpener-black?variant=18877659265&currency=CAD&utm_campaign=gs-2018-09-25&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAjw0tHoBRBhEiwAvP1GFQPvSDlXm4UgFqd10oKdCJRKitE8bylEE2e6kL0EweVhsm6QKaX_2xoCtvMQAvD_BwE

Which would double or triple the mileage you get from disposables or double edged razors alike.  Impressive.

I had my first shave using the safety razor yesterday - was just very careful, and used "beginner" blades. Honestly will never go back to cartridge razors.

Oh, if you do get a safety razor. Never for the balls man. Too risky. lol

Some days I feel like the only smart person at work.

EDIT: No. Having worked there the longest doesn't mean I'm the smartest. My responsibilities differ from most other coworkers, and I guess it's only natural that I'd get frequent questions. I just need to manage work stress better in a non-passive-aggressive way.

Edited by ambergonk
Exercise in modesty

On 6/28/2019 at 12:16 AM, hello spiral said:

Shave your balls with a safety razor. Then see how smart u feel

I prefer an electric shaver tbh

Edited by ambergonk
Already too late, but
  • Burger 1

23 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Some days I feel like the only smart person at work.

This usually means you're just That Guy.

I feel smarter when I admit to people that I honestly believe I'm just a dumbass. Then if they're actually worth a shit they'll open up, and at least one of us will learn something.

• Like 1

Been spending some off time trying to build an arduino based garden sprinkler system. On paper this looks easy enough - wire up some sensors, write some simple code, send a signal to a pin to open up a valve, done.

in practice the code examples for the real time clock are outdated and the wiring schematics incorrect, connectors are extremely flimsy and come undone at the slightest touch and worst of all the valve stops opening after a few tries.

This is not what I signed up for.

20 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Piece of one of my back molars fell off while I was sleeping a couple nights ago.  I'm not into it.

relatable fwp - i just got back from the dentist bc of on-again off-again wisdom tooth pains. turns out one of mine also broke off. going back for the oh so lovely extraction process soon. hope you fare better.

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Been spending some off time trying to build an arduino based garden sprinkler system. On paper this looks easy enough - wire up some sensors, write some simple code, send a signal to a pin to open up a valve, done.

in practice the code examples for the real time clock are outdated and the wiring schematics incorrect, connectors are extremely flimsy and come undone at the slightest touch and worst of all the valve stops opening after a few tries. 

This is not what I signed up for. 

saw a how-to for this project in make magazine years back, thought about trying it too... sorry to hear it's such a PITA, don't give up!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, luke viia said:

relatable fwp - i just got back from the dentist bc of on-again off-again wisdom tooth pains. turns out one of mine also broke off. going back for the oh so lovely extraction process soon. hope you fare better.

Oh god... extraction doesn't sound fun.  I guess I should probably take action of some kind before it gets worse.  Was hoping if I ignored it long enough it would magically cease to be an issue, like maybe the remaining tooth will just become really strong and impervious to cavities.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, luke viia said:

saw a how-to for this project in make magazine years back, thought about trying it too... sorry to hear it's such a PITA, don't give up!

Well, giving up would be the sensible option, seeing as that you can buy timer computers for this purpose that cost LESS than an Arduino + parts

They’re probably more reliable, too.

I've been traveling for the past 11 months and tomorrow I go back to work. :facepalm:

Honestly though I don't know how I feel. Is this a success or problem? Anyway, need to make some money to travel more and it's only a four month contract and seems like a pretty interesting gig.

Also when I started traveling I quit my previous job, gave up my apartment and started alone. Now I have a job starting tomorrow, a new apartment starting July 19th (until then I can stay in an apart hostel all company paid) and a new girlfriend I met on my travels. The problem is that they are all in different cities.:cisfor: Let's see how this shit converges or does it just end up in a total fucking chaos. :psyduck:

Just now mostly nervously laughing at how the things are.

• Like 1

There are some contractors working on the house next door. I can't fully see what they're doing, but I know it requires water, banging, and screaming.

The gf is away for 3 weeks with her mum, a 2.5 hour drive. I said that I could pop out next weekend cause b&bs are cheap and that wouldn't make her mum uncomfortable, cause for some reason she is funny about it. 

But, the gf's best friend is also going to visit that weekend and she doesn't think she'll like me being there too, although we get on and everything. So looks like I'm not going. Can't help but think the friend is being a cunt.

Called it off with the lady I've been an item with for just under a year yesterday. So now it's back to internet dating. Or I could just cut my fucking dick off. Tough call tbh.