IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 7/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, luke viia said:

SWFP: I'm struggling to expand my roster of home cooked meals (vegetarian, egg/milk/cheese is okay). I need 1) cheap, 2) quick, 3) lots of shared ingredients. i eat a lot of eggs & grain based meals right now, with veggies and nuts doing most of the flavor work... but there's only so many garden hobo pasta variations i can dream up.

Chilis, stir-fries etc. You could do a mapa tofu but substitute eggplant for the ground pork. Lentils are the godsend for cheap and easy to work in to a lot of recipes. 

Heard a couple of loud trucks go past my house early this morning while I was still sleeping. Saw & heard another one pass when I was coming back from walking the dog. Dump truck, very loud going up the slight hill. Heard 2 more since. What the fucking fuck? There are no construction projects on my street for blocks in either direction (none that I know of for miles, actually). I'm one block from an arterial street and suspect they're taking a "shortcut". Although I really don't see how what "cutting" through my street would save them any time at all. If anything they could lose time. Where the fuck are they coming from and why aren't they using the arterial? GTFO. If this happens again tomorrow I need to track down the source and complain.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:05 AM, luke viia said:

SWFP: I'm struggling to expand my roster of home cooked meals (vegetarian, egg/milk/cheese is okay). I need 1) cheap, 2) quick, 3) lots of shared ingredients. i eat a lot of eggs & grain based meals right now, with veggies and nuts doing most of the flavor work... but there's only so many garden hobo pasta variations i can dream up.

Flat bread with hummus. Get canned chickpeas and Tahini (sesame paste) and garlic and lemon juice, olive oil and water, put it into the mixer. As for flat breads: Just mix flour, salt, water and make flat pieces of dough that u cook in a dry pan from both sides. You need to find out the right dough consistency through trial and error. Put the hummus on the flat breads and roll them, fill them with salad, beans, cheese, whatever you like

Edited by dingformung

Elvis Costello's Get Happy album has so much bass, I felt like I was listening with my head next to bass amp while the rest of the band played at the other end of the room.  Cool bass lines and all, but weird thing to make the main feature of every song.  Further proof that having a well balanced mix doesn't actually matter at all.  Also, for some reason the song High Fidelity was pitched down a semitone on the rip I got, so it sounded like his voice was running out of batteries for the whole song.  I checked out the music video to make sure I wasn't just crazy, and it was indeed a key higher... but his voice still sounded unnaturally pitched down.  Possibly hearing it like that initially just cemented that idea in my brain?  Weird.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

50 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Flat bread with hummus. Get canned chickpeas and Tahini (sesame paste) and garlic and lemon juice, olive oil and water, put it into the mixer. As for flat breads: Just mix flour, salt, water and make flat pieces of dough that u cook in a dry pan from both sides. You need to find out the right dough consistency through trial and error. Put the hummus on the flat breads and roll them, fill them with salad, beans, cheese, whatever you like

1 hour ago, user said:

Maybe he had a cold when he recorded the vocals? 

Maybe, but he always kind of sounds like he has a cold.

lol just listened again and his vocals REALLY sound pitched down to me, like he's incredible hulking the whole thing.  It's quite funny.  Am I crazy?  Check the chorus especially.

And to clarify, on the rip I have the song is in fact pitched down a semitone, for god knows what reason.  Would be an especially weird coincidence if the original vocals were pitched down AND the rip I have also pitched the song down on top of that.

ordered a 200 pack of these bad boys on a shady site pollicho.com for 9.99usd and it turns out its a scam, they're never gonna arrive... now i'm thinking they have my credit card info from where they charge it... can they use that info and charge whatever amount they want in the future? what should i do?

81O6aTkZ+UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

56 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

ordered a 200 pack of these bad boys on a shady site pollicho.com for 9.99usd and it turns out its a scam, they're never gonna arrive... now i'm thinking they have my credit card info from where they charge it... can they use that info and charge whatever amount they want in the future? what should i do?

81O6aTkZ+UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yes they can do that. I hope your credit card account isn't linked to your regular bank account. Call the 24/7 hotline of your credit card company and lock it.

Edit: Wtf is that you sick fuck?

Edited by dingformung

Well the physical card is obviously linked to my bank account? Can't see how it could work otherwise... But the card number i use to shop in the webs is a virtual card... Which i also think is linked to my bank account or else how would it work? 

Those are earplugs you fucking cretin... 

Edited by Tim_J

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Well the physical card is obviously linked to my bank account? Can't see how it could work otherwise... But the card number i use to shop in the webs is a virtual card... Which i also think is linked to my bank account or else how would it work? 

Those are earplugs you fucking cretin..

"ear"-plugs, I see... I'd probably say the same if I was in your awkward position

The question is, is it directly linked to your bank account?

Edited by dingformung

5 minutes ago, dingformung said:

"ear"-plugs, I see... I'd probably say the same if I was in your awkward position

The question is, is it directly linked to your bank account?

How the fuck should i know... I guess so, there's no other place in-between where the money could be... Are you talking about virtual cards that you generate with specific amounts everytime you wanna buy something online and expire after being charged one time... 

Ok i wasn't completely honest about what those bad boys are... Check pm box... 

spending the night at the hotel and can't fucking sleep because apparently those fuckers are cleaning every bedroom on my floor at 1:30am and make huge fucking noises like it's fucking normal, it's not like i fucking paid to have some sleep after all. did i mention they gave me the worst possible room on top of that? booked this night a month ago and the fuckers gave me the bedroom that's right next to the elevators + the laundry lobby or some shit which means the staff is going back and forth in that room while continuing their fucking nuisance

earlier in the evening i had the pleasure to hear the bed from a different room banging hard against the wall while a lady was expressing enjoyment of the procedure, this hotel fucking scammed me. my life is ruined and i wish i had covid-19 instead

• Haha 2