IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

What

There’s a potentially lethal virus doing the rounds and dingformung thinks you may have contracted it. The good news is that mostly old people and some other irrelevant groups are seriously affected. Stay home for a few days and don’t cough directly into anyone’s face without covering your mouth with their elbow. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, manmower said:

Got a ticket to a show tonight but I don't feel like going.

Was going alone anyway so I'm not letting anyone down or anything.

Why does this even feel like a problem? I just want to lie on the couch and forget about it.

Out of nowhere, the same band are playing this weekend. Except now you can only buy tickets in sets of 4 (you book a table that you're supposed to stay at for the duration of the show). Naturally I went ahead and bought 4 without checking beforehand whether anyone was actually available to go with me.

You guys were right after all. I did end up regretting not going to that show last December. But only because of all this wack corona shit that happened afterwards. I was supposed to see them again in March, just a week after we locked down.

My back is absolutely killing me. Can’t sit, can barely walk. Lying down is the only somewhat comfortable position but of course lying down for too long only makes things worse. About to miss more days of work than I can really afford but  I guess on the upside I’m actually doing nothing for the first time in over a year and getting more than my usual 3-5 hours of sleep. Have watched some stuff on Netflix, so it’s nice to relax a bit even though it’s accompanied by stabbing pain in my back, sides and legs. 

4 hours ago, user said:

My back is absolutely killing me. Can’t sit, can barely walk. Lying down is the only somewhat comfortable position but of course lying down for too long only makes things worse. About to miss more days of work than I can really afford but  I guess on the upside I’m actually doing nothing for the first time in over a year and getting more than my usual 3-5 hours of sleep. Have watched some stuff on Netflix, so it’s nice to relax a bit even though it’s accompanied by stabbing pain in my back, sides and legs. 

relatable. such back issues.. it's a nightmare. 

i found that the only way to totally relax my back muscles is rest my legs up on the couch or a chair while laying on the floor.. not just prop up by my heels but scoot my ass all the way to the couch so my calves are on the couch. then my hips etc relax, stomach relaxes and my whole back just loosens up. 

like this:

8441087.jpg?626

also, i use a foam roller pretty much every way. it's great for rolling out the soft tissue. so helpful.  i alternate ice/heating pad some times too. ice pack for pain reduction and numbing things.. then heat to reduce inflammation and increase blood flow. stretching my legs every day helps too. hamstrings, quads etc. 

• Thanks 1

The water heater is on the fritz so it's cold showers until the landlord can replace the broken part.

6 hours ago, user said:

Stretching my legs usually helps my back pain.

10 hours ago, user said:

Swimming helps. It will hurt like shit but it will also help.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ignatius said:

i found that the only way to totally relax my back muscles is rest my legs up on the couch or a chair while laying on the floor.. not just prop up by my heels but scoot my ass all the way to the couch so my calves are on the couch. then my hips etc relax, stomach relaxes and my whole back just loosens up. 

like this:

8441087.jpg?626

also, i use a foam roller pretty much every way. it's great for rolling out the soft tissue. so helpful.  i alternate ice/heating pad some times too. ice pack for pain reduction and numbing things.. then heat to reduce inflammation and increase blood flow. stretching my legs every day helps too. hamstrings, quads etc. 

Forgot about that move. Just lay down in that position and it definitely had a positive effect for a bit, cheers. 

Just waiting for a delivery of some components that I’ve been eagerly awaiting (but can’t start building because I can’t fucking sit, argh grumble) and then gonna take a hot shower and try some more stretching. 

Leg stretches are part of the routine I do when lying down, definitely also help somewhat. 

I’ve been wanting to take up swimming for a couple of years but the usual excuses always kept me from doing it. Definitely gonna reconsider after this is somewhat over. 

thanks for the suggestions, everyone! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ignatius said:

like this:

8441087.jpg?626

Back when I used to have lower back problems this position was the shit. It really helped just lying there like this for an hour or so. Sometimes I even fell asleep because I hadn't been able to sleep well last night due to the back pain.

I'm only 19 and my back is so fucked. Really oughta start stretching and fixing my horrible posture. I blame my excessive computer use and my heavy bag I had to lug around during my school days.

The best thing I did for my back was switching from a soft spring mattress to a futon mattress. But what I've heard that sleeping on a harder surface only helps some people and it definitely takes time to get used to if you're used to sleeping on a very soft mattress.

my safari bookmarks got fucked up because they sync'd w/the newer laptop over iCloud and so i lost some favs.  i don't remember even setting up the cloud. ugh. 

I ended up buying a new-to-me car from Michigan and it finally arrived last Friday – it took like 3 weeks to do paperwork and about a week and a half in transit. Part of the reason paperwork took so long aside from the sales guy being generally inept was that they mailed the docs I needed to sign to the wrong address. When I provided them copies of my driver's license and insurance, I made it very clear in my email what my current address was (not the one on the DL). So they overnighted the stuff and after a day and a half I'm like, where's the stuff? And after confirming the address he told me they mailed it to the wrong place. Apologized and admitted I had provided my current address. So that accounts for about a week of the process – me tracking it down, sending it back, them sending docs again with the correct registration address on them, etc. So why am I bringing this up since the car was delivered last Friday? Because one would expect that my copies of the signed documents would have been in the car, along with a temporary plate providing proof of registration. But neither were in the car, so I inquired. Sales guy says he'll check with the finance manager, as those things should have been included. A day or so later I follow up and he tells me she overnighted them. Another day goes by and I say I haven't gotten them, and ask to confirm the address. Guess where they fucking sent it?!!! Un-fucking-real. You'd think after the initial mistake and having to redo paperwork they'd remember this shit. So I've been driving around the past week with no temporary plate, just a dealer advert plate basically so at least it's clear the car was recently purchased, but nothing displaying that it's registered. Luckily I was wise enough to take photos of all the sales documents I signed before sending them back, so I can use that if needed, but could still wind up with a ticket. It's a calculated risk, I could always drive my older car but I waited so long for this new one I can't help myself – it's more fun to drive. I just can't believe these incompetent fools at a reputable dealership group. 

^^ jeez, what a bunch of boobs. glad you finally got the car though *hifive*

SWFP: I'm struggling to expand my roster of home cooked meals (vegetarian, egg/milk/cheese is okay). I need 1) cheap, 2) quick, 3) lots of shared ingredients. i eat a lot of eggs & grain based meals right now, with veggies and nuts doing most of the flavor work... but there's only so many garden hobo pasta variations i can dream up.

Edited by luke viia

related SFWP: I just drove to the grocery store bc I am nearly out of food but the parking lot was PACKED, so i says to myself fuck this i says, and now i'm gonna be eating cheese and crackers for dinner.

the worst part? I'm all out of La Croix. my life is barely worth living at this point

the AC in my car just died. still blowing air but it's not fookin cold! called the usual place i go to for car maintenance/repairs because they're awesome and totally trustworthy and do a good job but they can't fit me in until August 4th. ugh. they're short staffed due to covid. 

called another place that specializes in european cars (VW) and they can get me in next week but are a total unknown to me so a roll of the dice. fingers crossed. 

also, it just started warming up a lot today.

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the AC in my car just died. still blowing air but it's not fookin cold! called the usual place i go to for car maintenance/repairs because they're awesome and totally trustworthy and do a good job but they can't fit me in until August 4th. ugh. they're short staffed due to covid. 

called another place that specializes in european cars (VW) and they can get me in next week but are a total unknown to me so a roll of the dice. fingers crossed. 

also, it just started warming up a lot today.

Yup, better roll the dice and get cool fast! Any reputable shop should guarantee their work, although it's certainly a hassle if you have to take it back.