IGNORED

The Field - Looping State Of Mind

Guest Enter a new display name

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sad thing for those blessed with golden ears is that both of his full-lengths are lossy mastered. It's not something an average guy would notice

u r so special 2 me

Chill. I'm the average guy. I just don't like spending money on sub-par quality.

Guest Alex0112

Are we listening to the same album?

Super uninspired sounding. I feel like the Field's main allure was his ability to pick good samples that can be looped and really jammed out into a hypnotizing groove. It seems like on his first album he was truly into this idea and loved digging and finding the perfect sample to build a track around. Two albums and a lot more recognition later, his style has appeared to become a formula. "It's up there" just makes me want to listen to "a paw in my face." Very bland and even sloppy sounding (sweet slow baby...wtf?). I don't hear the crispness I have come to associate with his music, and definitely not the sense of harmony and chordal progression that he was able to coax out of his samples like "good things end" and "leave it".

"Then it's white" is a pretty interesting tune.

Guest Enter a new display name

The tracks are very well done and catchy but I still can't tell them apart even after 2 listens.

Also, bonus Pitchfork points for the frequent indie samples.

Guest beatfanatic

Are we listening to the same album?

Super uninspired sounding. I feel like the Field's main allure was his ability to pick good samples that can be looped and really jammed out into a hypnotizing groove. It seems like on his first album he was truly into this idea and loved digging and finding the perfect sample to build a track around. Two albums and a lot more recognition later, his style has appeared to become a formula. "It's up there" just makes me want to listen to "a paw in my face." Very bland and even sloppy sounding (sweet slow baby...wtf?). I don't hear the crispness I have come to associate with his music, and definitely not the sense of harmony and chordal progression that he was able to coax out of his samples like "good things end" and "leave it".

"Then it's white" is a pretty interesting tune.

I am not a big fan of "sweet slow baby", I ll give you that but other than that I completely disagree with you.

at first it sounded like more of the same without the thrill of being new, then it was apparent that he was going for a different mood, almost ambient-ish, this guy will end up doing drone or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived