IGNORED

2011, the year without a release by the "big 4"

Bob Dylan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is no big four. there are so many artists doing so many different things. why cling to so few names? things change.

don't get me wrong. i still love the "big four" artists and want it as much as anyone else.

there is no big four. there are so many artists doing so many different things. why cling to so few names? things change.

don't get me wrong. i still love the "big four" artists and want it as much as anyone else.

hey buddy. this is WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS. not WE ARE JUST SOME GUYS DOING THINGS

Obviously there's other music. People are disappointed that these artists choose to just fade away or rest on their laurels when we know that they are bolder than that and have shown much more potential. It's a damn shame.

I'm mainly talking about BoC and AFX here, since they are the only ones who have been on album hiatus.

Guest Sprigg

So much fanboy wanking up in here, it's ridiculous... there is other music out there, and better! below

Boc have six albums waiting for us all, with special hexagon dildos waiting for their mindless minion fanboy to shove up their asses in a secret ritual to summon Satan from the bunker. :derp:

mhtrtc, iabpoitc and geogaddi are so fucking quality that boc never have to release anything again

imo imo

Beautiful Place was only an EP

no where did mesh gear specify IABPOITC as an EP, he just said it was hella quality

in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he was talking about the actual song by itself. 'tis all matter of perception

All this proves that the main 4 artists on WATMM (the numbers don't lie) have become hasbeens. As a whole, they pretty much never tour, never release music anymore. WARP gave them carte blanche.

All this proves that the main 4 artists on WATMM (the numbers don't lie) have become hasbeens. As a whole, they pretty much never tour, never release music anymore. WARP gave them carte blanche.

only boc went into hiatus:

last aphex release end of 2009 (20 tracks) / touring constantly

squarepusher last release 2010 / touring

autechre last LP release 2010 - single track release last month / last show Mar 24 2011

mhtrtc, iabpoitc and geogaddi are so fucking quality that boc never have to release anything again

imo imo

Beautiful Place was only an EP

no where did mesh gear specify IABPOITC as an EP, he just said it was hella quality

in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he was talking about the actual song by itself. 'tis all matter of perception

really? thanks for clearing that up.

seriously though, i was talking about albums, and i assume/d this thread is about albums. something a bit more substantial. an LP, basically. not a few tracks released 10 years ago. they were great at/for the time tho, yeah. i still have my vinyl.

yadda yadda yadda

Lol. Ae tour like every 2 years, man! what are you on about!?? and Aphex 'gigs' fairly recently. whether it's a DJ set or 'live', doesn't matter. it's still a gig.

BoC never really did, tho. i haven't seen them live for over 10 years... and that's not cos i haven't wanted to, it's just because they don't play! ever, anymore.

so you're right about them. but wrong about all the others.

only boc went into hiatus:

last aphex release end of 2009 (20 tracks) / touring constantly

squarepusher last release 2010 / touring

autechre last LP release 2010 - single track release last month / last show Mar 24 2011

truth.

Again, doing a DJ gig each month doesn't mean touring, neither do 15-20 cities each two years.

As for studio works, like I said, if you take the main reason of the existance of this board (the big 4 artists), as a whole, they release at a rate of 10% from how they did for 15 years.

Again, doing a DJ gig each month doesn't mean touring, neither do 15-20 cities each two years.

As for studio works, like I said, if you take the main reason of the existance of this board (the big 4 artists), as a whole, they release at a rate of 10% from how they did for 15 years.

lol. i'll give you what you said about Aphex's gigs cos i spose he doesn't do tours, he does one-off gigs all over the place.

but, "neither do 15-20 cities" ?? then what exactly does a tour mean to you?

also, this site now has 9 'big' names attached to it. this is not 1996, it's 2011. all of "the big 4" are now in their 40's.

they're not really like eager young whipper-snappers anymore..., young, dumb, and full of e.

Exactly proving my point, that they are very close to becoming has-beens, passé, out of touch. Their existence as artists is not of the same value as in the past, especially since they release 10% as much material as before.

I don't even see why WARP would keep AFX and BOC on their label. SP is going everywhere searching for a niche he'll never find, AE is not all-important anymore in the grand scheme of electronic music.

This is could be a "old man yells at cloud" thread, I dunno ? :shrug:

lol he is only djing the whole world currently. but he is a hasbeen too. this makes total sense

Well, yeah they definitely appear to be has-beens. But all of the unique things they have done years ago have been cannibalized by younger, good, but less creative musicians. It looks like a couple of the OG's don't care about keeping up or staying ahead of the curve.

I haven't listened to WATMM type music for a bit, but I'm still eager to hear these albums that have been dangling over our heads for a while now.

i did not read this thread but i dont care, there is more music out there then WARP RECORDS. they are just dads music now a days anyway. didnt u notice theres all these DADS on watmm now, think its a coincidance?

Guest MortstoX

"big 4" :facepalm:

"Again, doing a DJ gig each month doesn't mean touring, neither do 15-20 cities each two years." :wtf:

"I don't even see why WARP would keep AFX and BOC on their label." :fail:

"SP is going everywhere searching for a niche he'll never find, AE is not all-important anymore in the grand scheme of electronic music." :crazy:

"This is could be a "old man yells at cloud" thread, I dunno? " :cisfor:

i did not read this thread but i dont care, there is more music out there then WARP RECORDS. they are just dads music now a days anyway. didnt u notice theres all these DADS on watmm now, think its a coincidance?

aphex is a dad too

Archived