IGNORED

2011, the year without a release by the "big 4"

Bob Dylan

Guest underscore

I have it on good authority that there will NOT be any big 4 releases in 2011 as originally planned/mentioned, but that there will be material released in 2012 (I'm hoping early in the year), and that it will be worth the long wait the fans have had to endure.

:derp:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have it on good authority that there will NOT be any big 4 releases in 2011 as originally planned/mentioned, but that there will be material released in 2012 (I'm hoping early in the year), and that it will be worth the long wait the fans have had to endure.

:derp:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the only two that take forever are boc and aphex. aphex is touring currently so no need to worry. as he was releasing people wanted him to tour now he is touring people want him to release. he can't do it right can he?

I like aphex for collecting fans and money with awesome shows instead of going all pop / selling out.

when he is done touring he can release what ever he wants and people will buy it

Guest Enter a new display name

This thread is a bit premature with 4 months left in the year...

If Warp made an announcement shortly for any of the Big 4, the release date would be in 2012 because they love building hype among their original fans by announcing anticipated albums very early. Also it gives them more time to think of a malicious scheme for the pre-orders through Bleep.

Autechre have had 2 single tracks released (6852 and Ts1a) and also the 3rd Hafler Trio collab is out very very shortly (hopefully today!). They had a world tour last year, as well as releasing Move Of Ten. You can hardly blame them for a relatively "quiet" year... (ie, they have been most likely locked in the studio writing some more awesome shit to blow our minds)

stuff could still be announced over the next couple of months and be released before the end of the year. hopefully some Aphex and Boards, but i'm not holding my breath.

Neither Squarepusher nor Autechre have slowed down at all.

And Aphex has been touring a buttload. Either way, at this point, if Richard released a new album, I doubt I'd like it. He seems stuck in the Analord/Tuss direction, and if I want that I'll just listen to Monolith.

Doing a fucking DJ set each month or so isn't "touring a buttload".

the big four have enough audience to to earn a tidy wage from whatever they release whenever they release it and who gives a shit about IDM these days when kids can beatbox dubstep

will innovative electronic music distance itself away from the chin and back to the party remains to be seen as IDM was always the middle ground however I doubt the big four will have any major influence in this movement anymore as they've all seem to have matured in their own directions and this isn't to say I will be buying all their shit on bleep the first day of release like the rest of you know you will

Guest Saraband

Who really cares about the big four. Yeah they are all good. Autechre has been making some decent music lately so props for them. Squarepusher has come out with albums recently but they just don't really compare to some of the newer stuff out there. Boards of Canada has just flat out wasted their careers...( I'm sorry but they probably won't ever release anything again and if they do, will it really sound any different than their other material that has been copied by millions of people? Kind of like if My Bloody Valentine ever releases an album that will never be up to date like loveless was for it's time). Aphex Twin...yeah sure we would all love a new album but Richard D. James is apparently more concerned with his misty image and rumor board than he is about his music or his fans. Their are better artist's out there now than these 4. Sorry time moves on.

Archived