IGNORED

2011, the year without a release by the "big 4"

Bob Dylan

It's looking like this. I see no upcoming full-albu, release by either Aphex Twin, Autechre, Squarepusher or Boards of Canada.

The lazier they are becoming, the more they are getting close to being has-beens.

:watmm:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's looking like this. I see no upcoming full-albu, release by either Aphex Twin, Autechre, Squarepusher or Boards of Canada.

The lazier they are becoming, the more they are getting close to being has-beens.

W A T M M

Guest ruiagnelo

And if they are still making music there is no reason to keep it to themselves, really.

there are plenty of reasons to do so. you just can't see it because you want their music so much. but i can understand that

The irony being, when the new releases do show up from these artists, the amount of threads complaining about how it wasn't worth the wait or praising them as the second coming will out weigh the "new album?" threads. Just listen to something else in the meantime. There's never been more choice. I don't think it's too fair to include Autechre in this at all really, they've given us more than enough to digest recently and given the amount of time it can take for their albums to click properly, I'll happily wait for whenever for their next album.

W A T M M

C E P T I O N

This is all a matter of perception. Squarepusher would not even make my top twenty let alone the big four.

Autechre - lazy? What about Quaristice, Oversteps and Move of Ten?

This is all a matter of perception. Squarepusher would not even make my top twenty let alone the big four.

exactly what i was thinking! Ae release stuff regularly. and SP does quite a lot aswell and releases stuff fairly regularly

also, imho, BoC really do not belong in 'the Big 4' category at all.

for me it was always about 'the Big 3'. and they were, and imo still are, Aphex, Plaid and Autechre.

:two cents:

Guest ruiagnelo

they can take as long as they like on whatever they are working on

you know why? because they are human beings with a free will and more importantly they don't owe us anything.

exactly.

and they are artists, which means that before everything else, they create for themselves

exactly what i was thinking! Ae release stuff regularly. and SP does quite a lot aswell and releases stuff fairly regularly

also, imho, BoC really do not belong in 'the Big 4' category at all.

for me it was always about 'the Big 3'. and they were, and imo still are, Aphex, Plaid and Autechre.

:two cents:

xddfshiugsughsdhsdgushigsghshidgsgs

Guest RandySicko

I was expecting this thread to be about Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax :lol: On a semi-related note, I loved autechre's interesting little dabble in metal on the fact mix. I'd say they've been the most active out of everyone over the past few years

Guest hahathhat

i think most of the WATMM Featured Artists entered the spotlight in an era where electronic bands were all Super Mysterious and Drexciya didn't even like, have real names, man. but now it's the age of facebook, twitter, forums, the web, blogs, etc. and people are used to immediate access to up-to-date information.

someone of them have done Quite Good at moving over to web 2.0 -- in particular Cylob; Autechre/Clark have done alright too. but others like Aphex and BOC are stuck in the 1980s/90s -- either floating rumors and nonsense (We Are The Mystery Makers) or maintaining radio silence, both of which aggravate the salivating fans. I suppose Vibert is a comfy middle ground -- he obviously doesn't give two fucks about the web, but he releases lots of music while doing the occasional interview or DJ set. but with the artists like aphex, the subforums just become a depressing reminder that there's been no new music, no news.

imo, BoC don't even come close to being in a group of top/big Warp names. because they simply haven't done enough!!

if they'd put out like 2 or 3 more albums or at least a few more EP's, or something!, even just a bunch more remixes, then maybe... possibly. depending on the quality. but they've not done 'jack' for years!!!!!!!

i really really honestly do not get why so many people are soooooooooooooo into them and stuck up their arse's. it's bizarre.

personally i think they've showed themselves to be a bit of a 'one trick pony' band, and they have no idea of what to do or where to go next (musically)......... imo. because TCH was a complete fail,... (again imho).

Archived