IGNORED

Scintilli - Reactions

Guest ruiagnelo

Went to Tower Records Today.

http://jasonnewton.p...scintilli-japan

nice pix. so when are you gonna up the bonus track for us all to hear? ;) pwetty pwease!!!!!!!

I don't think Joyrex would be too happy about that.

oh well... nevermind. i'll wait.

must say it's funny how you went and bought the album after slating it so much! - you really think it still "sucks", like you've said in your blog thing ??

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Tower Records Today.

http://jasonnewton.p...scintilli-japan

nice pix. so when are you gonna up the bonus track for us all to hear? ;) pwetty pwease!!!!!!!

I don't think Joyrex would be too happy about that.

oh well... nevermind. i'll wait.

must say it's funny how you went and bought the album after slating it so much! - you really think it still "sucks", like you've said in your blog thing ??

It's not a good album, in my opinion. Like I've said on here, there are just too many tracks that are forgettable. It's a trend that began on 'Tekkon Kinkreet'

However, 'Somnl', '35 Summers' and 'Upgrade' are moments of absolutely stunning artistic beauty and it is these that make the album worth getting, (as I already mentioned).

At a push, I would add 'At Last' to these but even so.....

Anyway, I'm not going to knock it anymore. There are a lot of people on here who love it and that's fine and just as it should be.

it's not a good album but you pre-ordered it from Bleep, downloaded the MP3's... checked it out, said you thought it was crap, and then went and bought it again from Tower Records?? yep, that makes sense! lol

it's not a good album but you pre-ordered it from Bleep, downloaded the MP3's... checked it out, said you thought it was crap, and then went and bought it again from Tower Records?? yep, that makes sense! lol

No, i bought the FLAC files on the release day from Bleep. I bought the physical edition today for the bonus track.

A more pressing concern for me right now is: Why am I having this conversation?

It's not a good album, in my opinion. Like I've said on here, there are just too many tracks that are forgettable. It's a trend that began on 'Tekkon Kinkreet'

also, TK was written for a film, as we all know. it was never meant to be anything more than a soundtrack album.

but i think it's a lovely album anyway, and it really works well with the film.

i don't get how you could dislike Scintilli and their soundtracks so much, but yet be so into VHS Head. that doesn't make sense to me! lol. but that's another topic of discussion entirely... still, i think it's quite strange.

each to their own, tho, innit. :)

No, i bought the FLAC files on the release day from Bleep. I bought the physical edition today for the bonus track.

A more pressing concern for me right now is: Why am I having this conversation?

right. cos you do look quite old from that photo on your blog... makes me wonder why you're here at all...

has anybody else got the Japanese CD with the bonus track yet? ..and are willing to at least tell us what it's like/say what they think of it, or maybe even upload a sample clip of it for us to hear, or something? (as opposed to just coming here to post a link to some pictures and say 'hey look at me i've got the Jap CD but the album still sucks'. cos that seems kind of pointless to me!!)...

fumi posted 1 semi-interesting pic of Plaid sat outside their shed, from the Japanese version of Scintilli. but failed to say anything about the bonus track! ..or upload it to youtube, yet... *tut*

Putting sirch on ignore is like blocking all flash ads. It improves the whole internet experience. :cisfor:

On topic: good to know plaid will announce the name of their new album in 2012. Before you'll know it, it'll be 2016!

lol, good one! next time try and get your come backs down to a few minutes. they don't have as much effect when i have to wait 10 mins for you to think of something funny to say... just so i can have a lil' mini lol, and then realise i've wasted 10 minutes of my life... cos it was lame and mediocre, again. *sigh*

It's not so much like the rest of the album.

The track begins with twinkling pianos and harps that evoke a sort of winter wonderland. That soon evolves into a fast drum pattern featuring a boom/chime chord sequence almost identical to 'Malawi Gold' from 'Parts In The Post'. It's actually quite a good piece -- much more their old style.

The track begins with twinkling pianos and harps that evoke a sort of winter wonderland. That soon evolves into a fast drum pattern featuring a boom/chime chord sequence almost identical to 'Malawi Gold' from 'Parts In The Post'. It's actually quite a good piece -- much more their old style.

Sounds awesome! I'll have to find this somewhere... thanks for the info :)

It's not this, is it?

good lord, reading sirch's posts are embarassing...

Fumi, thanks for the photos! Any comments on the bonus track?... does it resemble any other tracks on the album?

yeeeeahh yeah, *yawwwwn*, how does that bandwagon feel eh? pfft.

you could always put me on ignore if you like, lol

got loads of people on my bin list. mostly Americans. looks like i gots me 1 more!! yeeehaaa, ooo arrr *whip crack*

sounds good! thanks for that, finally ;) . looking forward to hearing it...

That's it!

nice! that's one of the ones they've played live a lot over the last couple of years. one of the ones i thought would definitely have been on there anyway...

interested to hear it mixed down in a proper track form, and not live for once!

but, also kinda dissapointed now that there's not actually another new and unheard track to hear, hmmm... :(

i guess there's just no pleasing some people! :emotawesomepm9:

I'm in love with "Founded". This is one of the most poetic and beautiful vocal tracks they've laid down since, well, forever. It's just so, so painfully short.

Agreed. It's unfinished.

Archived