IGNORED

Scintilli - Reactions

Guest ruiagnelo

I think some of the comments being made about 'how long the album will last' are spot-on... I'm maybe approaching 10 listens and it's already lost a lot of the excitement it had the first few times I've listened to it. Some tracks I initially loved are already starting to get a bit boring to me :(

The beginning of the album (first 4 tracks with the exception of Eye Robot) is still the best for me! There are some gems after that but nothing TOO exciting. All in all, a good album... but might not have lasting power.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still thinking Plaid could've given us something way better. :derp:

+1.

way, WAY better.

EDIT: but i blame warp. cos we know Plaid can make really cool, brilliant, amazing, epic tracks...

I dunno, Plaid did mention in a interview they wanted to release something different.. ok, Scintilli isn't a million miles away from what they've done previously, but, this latest album definitely has something different about it... Warp lost the plot along time ago so yeah they must have played some part in it :)

To be honest, I really wanted to not like it. But after a couple of listens I have to admit it does sounds like they're back in form. In order to regain my cynical persona I'll finish by saying it should have been a double album. There seem to be plenty tracks floating around that should see a proper release.

So yeah, it still sucks, doesn't? ;-P

maybe because the download code is attached to the tshirt?

:facepalm:

ummm, you really think that´s the answer to my question? peeps who pre-ordered the cd or vinyl get the music today and physical-item on release day. people who pre-ordered the shirt including the download-code will not get the music today and the shirt on release day. how does that makes sense? using the facepalm makes you look like a retard.

no using the facepalm makes me look like i know what the deal is with the LP-T

i disagree, it just kind of makes you look like an exasperated dick

"at last" is epic (in it's own way). I've always wondered what would Squarepusher and Plaid sound like in more traditional form. I guess I know now! There seems to be a trend amnog idm artists of going back to more simplistic forms. These tracks remind me of dexciya and and few other gems from early 90s . Really great stuff!

i'm really liking this album a lot more now the more i listen to it...

and the tracks don't seem as short as they did the first time, which is funny...

some of them are a bit like mini trips, almost, where it seems like you've been away

and involved with for quite a long time, but in actual fact it's only been several minutes! :)

sirch shortly after Scintilli is released -> herp :derp: herp

sirh now -> :sup:

i never said i hated it. i said i was dissapointed with the length of most of the tracks, basically, and that i couldn't stand some of the guitars. i still think 'Unbank' is ridiculous, and can't see myself enjoying that anytime soon. it's a bit like the 'Squance' of Scintilli. - a bit silly and 'tounge-in-cheek' - but much worse than Squance! it's that stompy kick drum and guitar riff that puts me right off and makes me cringe. the rest of the track is really good tho.

i was in an odd mood when i first listened to Scintilli, anyway, due to a certain substance...

but now i am very much sup-supping at most of Scintilli as an album :sup:

(i've still only listened to it a handful of times ((less than 5)), so expect more herping and derping to come later on. :emotawesomepm9:

Funny because Squance is one of my favourite Double Figure tracks and Unbank is definitely the one I prefer in Scintilli so far. I like the way these tracks are both extremely fluidly melodic, barely melancholic, and silly in the same time.

A matter of tastes I guess :P

i like Squance a lot. even though it's a bit silly. i like the melody and drum sounds... i've always liked that track.

i wish i could take the guitar and kick drum off of Unbank. i'd like it much better then..

those 2 elements are all i really dislike about the track. - can't stand it, actually!

i'm really liking this album a lot more now the more i listen to it...

and the tracks don't seem as short as they did the first time, which is funny...

some of them are a bit like mini trips, almost, where it seems like you've been away

and involved with for quite a long time, but in actual fact it's only been several minutes! :)

sirch shortly after Scintilli is released -> herp :derp: herp

sirh now -> :sup:

i never said i hated it. i said i was dissapointed with the length of most of the tracks, basically, and that i couldn't stand some of the guitars. i still think 'Unbank' is ridiculous, and can't see myself enjoying that anytime soon. it's a bit like the 'Squance' of Scintilli. - a bit silly and 'tounge-in-cheek' - but much worse than Squance! it's that stompy kick drum and guitar riff that puts me right off and makes me cringe. the rest of the track is really good tho.

i was in an odd mood when i first listened to Scintilli, anyway, due to a certain substance...

but now i am very much sup-supping at most of Scintilli as an album :sup:

(i've still only listened to it a handful of times ((less than 5)), so expect more herping and derping to come later on. :emotawesomepm9:

Funny because Squance is one of my favourite Double Figure tracks and Unbank is definitely the one I prefer in Scintilli so far. I like the way these tracks are both extremely fluidly melodic, barely melancholic, and silly in the same time.

A matter of tastes I guess :P

Same here. Squance is the track I most look forward to on Double Figure... and Unbank might be my fav from Scintilli (tough call between that and Missing)

weird. there's sooo many better tracks on DF than Squance!!! strange taste indeed, you guys. but each to their own, yes. :)

agreed , squance may be the, only Plaid track that i "dislike"...

but unbank is really cool ;)

Archived