IGNORED

Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and Classics are being rereleased yet again, this time as the "2011 edition".

ZoeB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kenneth172

yeah, so Aphex Twin has like, apparently loads of material. enough for like, 16 brand new albums.

COMING SOON.

"150 hours" I thought he said way back on the old MTV interview with that tart who he fancied. I make that more than 16 albums.

SAW2 is what needs a re-release. on vinyl ofcourse.

This x 1000000. I keep seeing vinyl copies of SAW2 on discogs for over $100, I really want it but there's no way I'm paying that much.

i'm sure it will happen EVENTUALLY., but i can't wait!

yeah, so Aphex Twin has like, apparently loads of material. enough for like, 16 brand new albums.

COMING SOON.

"150 hours" I thought he said way back on the old MTV interview with that tart who he fancied. I make that more than 16 albums.

ahhh i see, thanks for correcting me.

now the bullshit is 100% correct, instead of only being vaguely correct bullshit.

Guest hrmnzr

what if rdj is off making really shitty dubstep and house under some random alias right now

that's the 150 hours of music

I think this is just part of what will probably be an ongoing series of reissues of "classic" albums from R&S. There are also two re-re-issues of Model 500 albums that also got reissues not that long ago, plus a Derrick May 2cd set in this series so far.

I guess the reason for the custom packaging (they all include the original artwork booklets inside the digipacks by the way) is to give the series a uniform look.

What I don't understand is why anyone would want a collection of albums by completely different, unrelated artists that look so generic on the outside in the first place.

I almost shit myself when I saw "Aphex Twin" in my Bleep Newsletter subject line.

Then it was a re-release of Selected Boring* Works 85-92 and Classics. I frowned so hard I couldn't breathe.

*IMO

Agreed!!!

SAW2 will never get a re release because RDJ hates it apparently (although it's his best work IMHO).

Where is the evidence that aphex hates SAW2? Who told you? Where is the interview?

Id wager it has been his cash cow. All the documentaries its in. It was the most corporate record release he did. Was it Warner Brothers?

If anything Id imagine he would hate the production as there are some sections that distort for no reason.

Guest Dogboy73

I will personally track down and kill everyone who buys this.

I ordered a copy from Amazon for £8.99 .......... and then listed my vinyl copy of the original on Discogs for £24.95 :blush:

Should I be hung, drawn & quatered?! :blink: I wanted it on CD so I could play it in the car :ohmy:

88688aphex.jpg

saw2 on vinyl please, and i will part with my money.

I have two copies of SAW II, black vinyl versions. Should we move this conversation over to 'The Record Crate' or to PM?

Guest Kenneth172

SAW2 will never get a re release because RDJ hates it apparently (although it's his best work IMHO).

Where is the evidence that aphex hates SAW2? Who told you? Where is the interview?

Id wager it has been his cash cow. All the documentaries its in. It was the most corporate record release he did. Was it Warner Brothers?

If anything Id imagine he would hate the production as there are some sections that distort for no reason.

Yeah, it must have been a real money earner for him with all the TV usage. He'd cash in on a SAW3 release for the same reasons. Cash is king.

Not true. I saw him DJ this summer in Oslo, and he played some SAW2 then, and also AB3 Track 8, which is my very favourite AFX tune.

In addition, a SAW2 track featured on 26 Mixes for Cash, and that wouldn't make sense if he hated it.

I agree with everyone wanting a re-release of SAW2.

Archived