IGNORED

Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and Classics are being rereleased yet again, this time as the "2011 edition".

ZoeB

There's more information about the Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and Classics rereleases over at Bleep. Apparently the recordings are from the 2008 digital remasters. From the Bleep newsletter:

The album is housed in a coloured, cardboard digipak, with a white foil R&S logo block printed on the front, and contains the original booklet artwork inside with new liner notes and a quote from label owner Renaat Vandepapeliere. The audio is taken from the digital re-masters from 2008.

This same description describes the new version of both albums.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if we're sharing opinions on the matter, I consider it pretty uneventful, as someone who cherishes her copy of SAW85-92 and who sold her copy of Classics long ago. With any album, either it's worth keeping or it isn't. Either way, there doesn't seem much point in getting another version with slightly different mastering and different cover artwork.

I almost shit myself when I saw "Aphex Twin" in my Bleep Newsletter subject line.

Then it was a re-release of Selected Boring* Works 85-92 and Classics. I frowned so hard I couldn't breathe.

*IMO

Guest hrmnzr

maybe if this was a rerelease of something that wasn't already remastered and rereleased 3 or so years ago it would be more eventful and i'd actually give two shits about it

edit: sure SAW 85-92 was a fantastic album but they're pretty much just milking it for money at this point

Maybe next time this gets reissued Aphex will pull a George Lucas & rerecord the whole thing using state of the art computer technology, with additional wobs, rave sirens, & guest appearances from pop singers (all things unaffordable or not yet invented during the original time of production), to better fit his artistic vision.

SAW2 is what needs a re-release. on vinyl ofcourse.

This x 1000000. I keep seeing vinyl copies of SAW2 on discogs for over $100, I really want it but there's no way I'm paying that much.

Well if we're sharing opinions on the matter, I consider it pretty uneventful, as someone who cherishes her copy of SAW85-92 and who sold her copy of Classics long ago. With any album, either it's worth keeping or it isn't. Either way, there doesn't seem much point in getting another version with slightly different mastering and different cover artwork.

Yeah, I don't often find myself listening to "Classics". Although, I would never sell anything Aphex related.

Guest Kenneth172

I almost shit myself when I saw "Aphex Twin" in my Bleep Newsletter subject line.

Then it was a re-release of Selected Boring* Works 85-92 and Classics. I frowned so hard I couldn't breathe.

*IMO

Same here. Bleep built my hopes up, raised my pulse, there's me thinking it was something new, I almost came... Well, maybe not. But no, all hopes were banished in a split second when I realised it was merely old stuff repackaged. Lame...

Guest Kenneth172

There's just no incentive to buy this though, it's the 2008 remaster of old tracks, the sleeve artwork is dull, there are no added pictures and no bonus material. At a loss on this one.

Archived