IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also this.

"I've listened to so much music for so long, it's more about instinct than influence," Moore [skrillex] explains about his sonic inspirations. "Coming up, I was into a lot of artists on the Warp record label like Autechre, Squarepusher, and Aphex Twin, so SKRILLEX tracks are inclined to have more changes than most dance tracks normally have. I can draw influences from almost anything. I just like to mess around and create cool new sounds and noises. I just go where the music takes me."

Guest cctoide

Being a fan trying to find actual Skrillex tracks on YouTube must be an interesting experience, what with all the fakes and pisstakes.

also, ^ devious, I felt sick for a few seconds

S00000000000000000000 COOL

lalive_050.jpg

i saw an object in both hands, no cigarette in mouth and thought it was a picture of Skrillex not smoking... but there is in fact a cigarette in the hand holding the award.

i have a theory that Skrillex was created by cigarette companies to get kids smoking again.

my korn feat. skrillex remix can be found at the link in my signature. didn't realise the deadline was last year (not that i'd have wonn) so don't know what else to do but spam it

i probably smoke as much as him but prison roll-ups

I actually don't mind this song (at least from 2:09 onwards; the beginning and bridge suck):

http://youtu.be/eOofWzI3flA

I feel like Skrillex actually could make decent music if he wanted to. Half the reason he's hated is because so many bros play his shit at parties.

Also this:

http://www.facebook....209885989090024

I can think of a lot worse producers to carry the popular vote-torch than Skrillex. He has solid influences and his simply mentioning the legacy Warp figures will most likely get others to check them out which is awesome! When I listen to his music I can hear production chops, but he needs to mellow out and think more about the fundamentals of his compositions (melodic progression, time signatures, etc) if he wants to make it into the Cambridge Dictionary of Music.

Archived