IGNORED

"A decade of Drukqs" Drowned In Sound article

joshuatxuk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw it's drukQs not drukqs. some of you may think that makes no difference but i think it does as far as pronunciation goes.

Bubs long gone but rich just confirmed it's pronounced drucks

ahahaha

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, I'd never read that pitchfork go plastic review before. Amazingly cunty.

Some absolute cock from my school somehow became a music reviewer for the Telegraph for a few years, I used to enjoy reading his awful reviews and remembering in school how he'd only listen to blink 182. His last article was a clickbait about how blink 182 are better than the Beatles. Cringe :|

a reviewer should be a musician himself and be able or at least try to make something similiar or be in the same genre .

because thats the only way he is able to aporeciate the production/idea....

thats what makes him competent in my eyes.

...or incompetent. Reviewers too hung up on showing their appreciation and understanding of wanky details is a pain in the ass.

yeah true especially if they stick to one fav. record or style.

and anyway why even rate a record with stars or points its so pretentious !

it's just a one man opinion on the complex electronic muscis

why should we care? we probably know better than that mammal

we are expertes, we know good

drugeqsk is good, revies are silly

Richard's music actually cemented my feelings on critics that do any more than describe personal experience (aka 99% of them). I read their work as comedy pieces. The armchair ones can be just as good, too. The idea that a person can find any personal benefit in rating art (much less on a scale) while fooling themselves that they have some uncommonly valuable insight into expression makes me laugh anymore. The unique blend of arrogance and ignorance is extreme to this absurd comedy level. I love reviews now.

Richard's music actually cemented my feelings on critics that do any more than describe personal experience (aka 99% of them). I read their work as comedy pieces. The armchair ones can be just as good, too. The idea that a person can find any personal benefit in rating art (much less on a scale) while fooling themselves that they have some uncommonly valuable insight into expression makes me laugh anymore. The unique blend of arrogance and ignorance is extreme to this absurd comedy level. I love reviews now.

then head over to boomkat where you will find a veritable feast. A vast cornucopia of delights!

• 1 month later...

Went shopping in a Cheap Monday once when visiting Stockholm in 2009 and they were playing Drukqs front to back and I ended up staying in the store for the whole of it. (partially helped in making the decision to move here... well, It is dark ALOT, there.... BUT...also... they DO play Aphex in stores...)

a reviewer should be a musician himself and be able or at least try to make something similiar or be in the same genre .

because thats the only way he is able to aporeciate the production/idea....

thats what makes him competent in my eyes.

aren't all music journalists failed musicians?

Archived